PDA

View Full Version : Synergism 6

shoelessjoe
08-31-2007, 03:50 PM
I would appreciate any feedback from people who are using this program.Im using Synergism 4 now and have been getting good results with it.Some of the newer features on 6 look very interesting.Shoeless

garyoz
08-31-2007, 04:24 PM
If you are good at paceline selection and have the time to make paceline selections, Synergism VI is an excellent program. It has the Sartin metrics plus the proprietary HDW data, such as Cramer Projected Speed Figures, Pace and Speed Figures and the RS-Pos data.

Dick Schmidt
08-31-2007, 05:29 PM
SJ,

Not sure why you stay with Syn 4 when Synergism 6 is free. It is a vastly different program and much improved. It will choose pacelines for you, though I have better results when I do it myself. Takes me about 3-5 minutes per race, but that is the entire handicapping process for me. After paceline selection, I'm done. Just bet the top two and let it fly.

You can get a free copy of Syn 6 together with a weekends worth of races (all tracks carried by HDW) at the Synergism website:

synergism-sdp.com

This is the best pace handicapping program available and the only one that features TPR numbers done right. Or legally.

Dick

If you can read this, thank a teacher. . . If you are reading it in English, thank a veteran.

njcurveball
08-31-2007, 11:49 PM
Synergism 6 is a very good intermediate level program for those that do not want to get involved in extracting data into their own spreadsheet or database.

You cannot beat the download process with it as an Internet connection will get you every file as soon as they become available.

It is also has a very intuitive print wheel that allows you to customize your printout by choosing screens from the program.

It uses the HDW data and gives the trainer/jockey stats so commonly used today.

One limitation it use to have was that if you did not pick the pacelines BEFORE importing results, you basically got the program default. This impacts models since some races are yours and some are theirs.

Like Dick says, the TPR in the program is done right and the velocity numbers are also top notch.

If you are inclined to be a more "do it yourself" type, HTR may be a better option.

shoelessjoe
09-01-2007, 08:25 AM
Dick,Actually Im getting great results using the TPR numbers with Syn 4 but the typing in is starting to get tiresome..When I asked Bob about upgrading he told me if Im getting good results with Syn 4 for free why upgrade to 6.He is a class act who is not out to just take people's money.I feel his Synergism program was the best of many that Pirco put out.Shoeless

Light
09-01-2007, 10:24 AM
Im getting good results with Syn 4 for free

How is it free?. Don't you have to pay $100+ a month for the data?

JimG
09-01-2007, 10:28 AM
How is it free?. Don't you have to pay $100+ a month for the data?

No, that's Synergism VI that Dick Schmidt was talking about. SynIV is hand entry.

shoelessjoe
09-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Jim is right ,Syn4 did also have capability for download through a BBS but that's no longer available.Shoelessjoe

Light
09-01-2007, 11:00 AM
O.K.But whether or not you do it manually,aren't you using HDW data?

Tom
09-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Is Syn IV still available?

shoelessjoe
09-01-2007, 12:06 PM
Tom,No.Shoeless

boomman
09-01-2007, 12:24 PM
I know Bob Purdy and the Synergism program very well. I would highly recommend it to anyone!!;)

Boomer

JimG
09-01-2007, 12:43 PM
O.K.But whether or not you do it manually,aren't you using HDW data?

No. With Syn IV, you can input from racing form, bris pp's, etc. Synergism 6 uses HDW data.