PDA

View Full Version : Mexican Truckers are coming

Tom
08-31-2007, 08:39 AM
Heard on Jay Leno last night.....Bush is allowing Mexican trucks to enter the US unrestricted starting this weeked. Good way to celebrate the holiday...Illegal Lbor Day! ba boom

It only makes sense. Now that everyone is here illegally, they want to bring in their stuff. ba boom

Grits
08-31-2007, 08:44 AM
I do hope there has been a requirement that they learn English before coming north, regardless ....whether on I-75 or I-95, (and I spend huge amounts of time on the latter) indecision and lack of knowledge of direction can get one killed, instantly.

DJofSD
08-31-2007, 09:08 AM
Screw Bush and his sell out of America.

GaryG
08-31-2007, 09:52 AM
I do hope there has been a requirement that they learn English before coming north, regardless ....whether on I-75 or I-95, (and I spend huge amounts of time on the latter) indecision and lack of knowledge of direction can get one killed, instantly.I think I-35 will be the big one. I wonder if their cargo will be checked....20 tons of cocaine rolling up the road. Bush's stance on immigration and border control borders on treason.

Maji
08-31-2007, 10:05 AM
The last I heard was that US truckers were not allowed inside Mexico. Will they now be allowed to ply inside Mexico?

Greyfox
08-31-2007, 10:25 AM
Heard on Jay Leno last night.....Bush is allowing Mexican trucks to enter the US unrestricted starting this weeked. Good way to celebrate the holiday...Illegal Lbor Day! ba boom

It only makes sense. Now that everyone is here illegally, they want to bring in their stuff. ba boom

Stuff? They'll probably be stuffed with alien migrant workers.

DJofSD
08-31-2007, 10:29 AM
Some of the "stuff" they're bringing is deadly. Like TB.

ddog
08-31-2007, 10:30 AM
I think I-35 will be the big one. I wonder if their cargo will be checked....20 tons of cocaine rolling up the road. Bush's stance on immigration and border control borders on treason.

someday the vast majority of the right-wing will wake up and realize they have been used as a stalking horse/pr front for the plutocrats that are jerking them around.

I know I did about 10 years ago.

it's comical how people vote against their own interests mainly but are so spun up they don't even realize it.

I hear rumblings in the Christian Right of this for several years.

drop some of that blow off at the KC exit on your way through,amigo.

;)

Greyfox
08-31-2007, 10:38 AM
someday the vast majority of the right-wing will wake up and realize they have been used as a stalking horse/pr front for the plutocrats that are jerking them around.

;)

Food for thought. Your saying that the "filthy rich" at the top of
the Moral Right aren't so Moral, and have been supported by
a pyramid of little peon surfs who tend to be.

Grits
08-31-2007, 10:44 AM
I think I'll begin to pray that I don't see the same trucks being driven by little Chinamen bringing --their/our-- outsourced goods back to us.

Now wouldn't that be a helluva nightmare?

Little dude sitting on a booster seat just tall enough to see through the steering wheel, damn, forget--over it. That ain't ever gonna happen.

This is a really scary thought, driving in the left lane on I-95. And I wanna go around him? LOLOL

Tom
08-31-2007, 10:49 AM

Might well happen. We long ago awoke to the ridiculousness of the left. BTW, it was the Dems who created this illeal immigration problem with thier amnesty crap in the 80's. II was nowhere near the problem it is today until Ted Kennedy et all tried to fix it! :lol:

Greyfox
08-31-2007, 10:50 AM
I can't confirm that it's starting this weekend but the Houston Chronicle is reporting this morning:

SAN FRANCISCO — The Bush administration urged a federal appeals court today to let Mexican cargo trucks cross the border and freely travel anywhere in the United States, arguing that to do otherwise could strain diplomatic relations between the two nations.

Story at: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/5096930.html

ddog
08-31-2007, 10:57 AM
Might well happen. We long ago awoke to the ridiculousness of the left. BTW, it was the Dems who created this illeal immigration problem with thier amnesty crap in the 80's. II was nowhere near the problem it is today until Ted Kennedy et all tried to fix it! :lol:

Tom

I gave up on the dems in the 60's

:bang:

46zilzal
08-31-2007, 11:38 AM
Screw Bush and his sell out of America.
It has been a long time coming and has been carefully prepared right under everyone's nose. "They" already are working on a uniform currency for the three country amalgamation, a standard ID card (akin to totalitarian countries throughout the world), the central corridor highway from Mexico to deep into Canada.......all "hidden" in the NAFTA agreement. All of this being done without a single vote in Congress or any voter being asked about it. All for ONE THING: the fat cats getting fatter at taxpayer's expense.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=15497

"Once complete, the new road will allow containers from the Far East to enter the United States through the Mexican port of Lazaro Cardenas, bypassing the Longshoreman’s Union in the process. The Mexican trucks, without the involvement of the Teamsters Union, will drive on what will be the nation’s most modern highway straight into the heart of America. The Mexican trucks will cross border in FAST lanes, checked only electronically by the new “SENTRI” system. The first customs stop will be a Mexican customs office in Kansas City, their new Smart Port complex, a facility being built for Mexico at a cost of $3 million to the U.S. taxpayers in Kansas City."

Wake up, GET RID of this asshole!

Tom
08-31-2007, 11:50 AM
Time to start cleaning our guns.

46zilzal
08-31-2007, 11:53 AM
Time to start cleaning our guns.
Kill Kill Kill...you and the gun thugs answer to everything.

While this goes on. You are going to shoot all of these people too?

Kansas City SmartPort Inc. is an “investor based organization supported by the public and private sector” to create the key hub on the NAFTA Super Highway. At the Kansas City SmartPort, the containers from the Far East can be transferred to trucks going east and west, dramatically reducing the ground transportation time dropping the containers off in Los Angeles or Long Beach involves for most of the country. A brochure on the SmartPort website describes the plan in glowing terms: “For those who live in Kansas City, the idea of receiving containers nonstop from the Far East by way of Mexico may sound unlikely, but later this month that seemingly far-fetched notion will become a reality.”

GaryG
08-31-2007, 11:55 AM
Time to start cleaning our guns.I do that on a regular basis. A man can never have too many trucks or guns. Remington 870:

http://www.remington.com/images/products/firearms/shotgun/870express[1]_sm.jpg

46zilzal
08-31-2007, 11:57 AM
From the same website referenced above.
"The U.S. government has housed within the Department of Commerce (DOC) an “SPP office” that is dedicated to organizing the many working groups laboring within the executive branches of the U.S., Mexico and Canada to create the regulatory reality for the Security and Prosperity Partnership. The SPP agreement was signed by Bush, President Vicente Fox, and then-Prime Minister Paul Martin in Waco, Tex., on March 23, 2005. According to the DOC website, a U.S.-Mexico Joint Working Committee on Transportation Planning has finalized a plan such that “(m)ethods for detecting bottlenecks on the U.S.-Mexico border will be developed and low cost/high impact projects identified in bottleneck studies will be constructed or implemented.” The report notes that new SENTRI travel lanes on the Mexican border will be constructed this year. The border at Laredo should be reduced to an electronic speed bump for the Mexican trucks containing goods from the Far East to enter the U.S. on their way to the Kansas City SmartPort."

A good reason Bush does not want to secure the border with Mexico may be that the administration is trying to create express lanes for Mexican trucks to bring containers with cheap Far East goods into the heart of the U.S., all without the involvement of any U.S. union workers on the docks or in the trucks.

So, while the rutabaga is telling everyone about how he is helping close the porous border, he IS DOING JUST THE OPPOSITE THING WITHOUT ANY CONGRESSIONAL CONTROL!!!!

46zilzal
08-31-2007, 12:06 PM
from Wikipedia:
Thanks to the investigative work of Dr. Jerry Corsi, we have learned that SPP's more than 20 working groups are already quietly operating in the NAFTA office in the U.S. Department of Commerce, which refuses to reveal the groups' members because, in the words of SPP spokesperson Geri Word, the Bush Administration does not want them "distracted by calls from the public." Corsi discovered in June 2006 that SPP issued a "Report to Leaders" on June 27, 2005 that shows SPP's extensive interaction with government and business groups in the three countries. Many people have been angered at the lack of transparency and the hidden nature of these deals that affect so many people both inside and outside of the business community.

On June 15, 2006, SPP's North American Competitiveness Council (NACC), which consists exclusively of corporate CEOs from the three countries, met. The role of the NACC is limited to providing recommendations to governments through reports that are made public by a number of groups including the Council of the Americas."

kenwoodallpromos
08-31-2007, 12:06 PM
"to do otherwise could strain diplomatic relations between the two nations."
I think Bush means a strain between the economic powers in the two countries.

46zilzal
08-31-2007, 12:29 PM
Here are all the members set to carve up all the booty.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=20070813&articleId=6540

GaryG
08-31-2007, 12:34 PM
46: don't you have to go to the track and talk to some trainers or something??

lsbets
08-31-2007, 12:36 PM
I do that on a regular basis. A man can never have too many trucks or guns. Remington 870:

http://www.remington.com/images/products/firearms/shotgun/870express[1]_sm.jpg

The 870 is a beauty. It was my first shotgun, and when I start taking my son hunting, it will be his first too.

DJofSD
08-31-2007, 12:37 PM

Well, I look at it this way: if they want to turn the US into a third world nation, eliminate the middle class, and treat us like serfs then we have little choice but to act the same way. In this case, the revolution will be televised.

Tom
08-31-2007, 12:39 PM

While this goes on. You are going to shoot all of these people too?

It never ceases to amaze me how many posts you totally do not understand yet make a big deal over. Your failure to grasp most discussions is mildy amusing. Your pre-canned answers do not fit all. :lol:

46zilzal
08-31-2007, 12:39 PM
http://stoplying.ca/articles/07/aug/082307danaspp.php

The SPP is the framework in which a NAU is being created, and it is the bureaucrats along with working groups who are making it happen. There is no mistake about the fact that it is being driven by the corporate elite. Maude Barlow of the Council of Canadians, said, “This is not about security for people, social security, security for the poor, environmental security. This is about security for big corporations for North America.” It was reported that the multinational business agenda would be a driving force at the summit. A NAU (North American Union) will only further deepen deregulation, undermine labor rights, and lead to the privatization of our social programs and natural resources. It is the final push in the corporate takeover of North America. Those who support this agenda because they think that it is purely economic integration are misinformed. They need to look at the example of the European Union and how it was created.

46zilzal
08-31-2007, 12:42 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how many posts you totally do not understand yet make a big deal over. Your failure to grasp most discussions is mildy amusing. Your pre-canned answers do not fit all.
Understanding your point of view would require a massive IQ-ectomy! a regression into thugery which denotes thinking at the brain stem level not unlike the rutabaga attempts to do.

DJofSD
08-31-2007, 12:43 PM
The SPP is the framework in which a NAU is being created, and it is the bureaucrats along with working groups who are making it happen. There is no mistake about the fact that it is being driven by the corporate elite. Maude Barlow of the Council of Canadians, said, “This is not about security for people, social security, security for the poor, environmental security. This is about security for big corporations for North America.” It was reported that the multinational business agenda would be a driving force at the summit. A NAU (North American Union) will only further deepen deregulation, undermine labor rights, and lead to the privatization of our social programs and natural resources. It is the final push in the corporate takeover of North America. Those who support this agenda because they think that it is purely economic integration are misinformed. They need to look at the example of the European Union and how it was created.

So, what is your opinion now of the French farmers?

46zilzal
08-31-2007, 12:51 PM
So, what is your opinion now of the French farmers?
The same as Andorrian horticulturists, Estonian pharmacologists, Phillipine school teachers, Bolivian prosthetists, Morrocan track coaches, or Turkmenistani bus drivers.

46zilzal
08-31-2007, 01:14 PM
http://canadianlabour.ca/index.php/view_en/1217

The SPP has been called NAFTA on drugs. According to the corporate elites behind the scheme, it’s just a shot of what business needs to perform better and make corporate profits higher, faster and stronger. The only problem is they won’t tell us what this involves.

Ask any of the hundreds of thousands of workers in Canada who no longer have a good job in manufacturing or forestry and they’ll tell you that life is hard enough under NAFTA.
Ask the millions of people who can see how fast our standards for everything from protecting the environment, to retirement security to transportation infrastructure like
trains and bridges have fallen in recent times. They’ll tell you the SPP is just the latest corporate party drug.

Because the SPP is not a treaty, like the North American Free Trade Agreement, it doesn't require changes in law or a vote in Parliament.

Greyfox
08-31-2007, 01:36 PM
http://stoplying.ca/articles/07/aug/082307danaspp.php

There is no mistake about the fact that it is being driven by the corporate elite. Maude Barlow of the Council of Canadians, said, “This is not about security for people, social security, security for the poor, environmental security. This is about security for big corporations for North America.”.

I think 46Z makes a good point here. He's telling us the motivation behind it.
Corporate maps don't even have borders on them in some board rooms.
Tom and others are also suggesting plausible solutions, albeit extreme at this point.
As this won't happen this weekend, write or phone your reps and let them know what you think. Any other suggestions besides violence at this point?

DJofSD
08-31-2007, 01:44 PM
As this won't happen this weekend, write or phone your reps and let them know what you think.

You got to be kidding (or worse). The politicians are already on the gravy train or are looking to get on it. Just look at Diane Feinstein and her husband. I'm sure there are many others.

46zilzal
08-31-2007, 01:47 PM
As this won't happen this weekend, write or phone your reps and let them know what you think. Any other suggestions besides violence at this point?
Because this is a not under the same control as most laws (not a treaty only an "agreement"), other than make it more public, what can the Congress do?

Greyfox
08-31-2007, 01:56 PM
With hold funding for other requests until they have a say.

Tom
08-31-2007, 01:56 PM
Understanding your point of view would require a massive IQ-ectomy! a regression into thugery which denotes thinking at the brain stem level not unlike the rutabaga attempts to do.

I think I've just been insulted!
:eek:

Tom
08-31-2007, 02:01 PM
Tom and others are also suggesting plausible solutions, albeit extreme at this point?

Actually, I am talking about Boston Tea Party, Part Deux....only this time, we throw our elected representatives into the drink. My "thuggery" would take place in DC, where the real enemy is hiding out. Given our sovereignty or our governement, it is a no brainer. We can always form a new government.

Hmmmmm. How's this sound...The "Thuggery Party."
The "Thug's Convention" to build our platform.

skate
08-31-2007, 04:08 PM
46: don't you have to go to the track and talk to some trainers or something??

yeh, hes gotta find out if "THE clocker thinks the Clock is relavent".

:lol:

or or or . hes gonna find out, from the jock, if its more significant to give W.O. 6 months ago or yesterday.;)

i just wish hed clear these things with the skate, first.:cool:

skate
08-31-2007, 04:18 PM
The last I heard was that US truckers were not allowed inside Mexico. Will they now be allowed to ply inside Mexico?

this is an agreement, kind of like a hand under the stall thing, being put off until the right moment.

been in the works for about 15 years. first the mex. trucks come here, then we go down there,

trucking has been such a sick business, 150% turn over rates, gov training programs, long hours, no over time pay, etc etc etc.

the cover up has been amazing, so buy R R.:cool:

long haul, not short haul issue.

skate
08-31-2007, 04:20 PM
I think I've just been insulted!
:eek:

consider the elevation.:jump:

skate
08-31-2007, 04:35 PM

gees, ya know i would not get into this cheap pooop level, but just to give a quality of style consistent with zilly-the-filly.

1) IQ-ectomy. say what?
2) thugery? huh? as in thuggery, do you mean;)
3) "thinking at the BRAIN STEM LEVEL".:lol: now thats really good, thinking at the brain stem level would be ..... what?

ah, what level is that, "zill-the-pill", level?:kiss:

DJofSD
08-31-2007, 04:39 PM
the cover up has been amazing, so buy R R.

Buffet's done just that -- he recently increased his position in BNI to something like 11%.

DJofSD
08-31-2007, 04:41 PM
Hmmmmm. How's this sound...The "Thuggery Party."

I'd change it. Rhymes with buggery.

ddog
08-31-2007, 06:40 PM
Food for thought. Your saying that the "filthy rich" at the top of
the Moral Right aren't so Moral, and have been supported by
a pyramid of little peon surfs who tend to be.

I am not saying "filthy rich" , that can be understood in several different ways, I was trying to say that there are vastly different agendas as one would expect from top to bottom of the wealth spectrum.

But other than that , you stated what I think to be the case on many fronts having to do with getting elected,etc.

I think the other part of "getting elected" is about getting in, not how you got in, just get in and force or try to force policies on people.
Instead of take the stand you believe in and try to rally people to your side.

They have it upside down IMO.

Secretariat
08-31-2007, 07:23 PM
GW pushed CAFTA. We are now paying more of the price. Now Mexician truck drivers without US licenses may be next to you on the interstate. Welcome to the wonderful world of globalization. I've posted on this Mexican truck driver topic previously before. Now it is a ridiculous reality.

JustRalph
08-31-2007, 07:28 PM
GW pushed CAFTA. We are now paying more of the price. Now Mexician truck drivers without US licenses may be next to you on the interstate. Welcome to the wonderful world of globalization. I've posted on this Mexican truck driver topic previously before. Now it is a ridiculous reality.

as much as I hate to say it.........we agree on this one..........this is a nightmare waiting to happen.

chickenhead
08-31-2007, 07:32 PM
We got sold down the river on this issue long ago...this is just another baby ruth floating by.

mexican bikers are next, I reckon.

Secretariat
08-31-2007, 07:34 PM
as much as I hate to say it.........we agree on this one..........this is a nightmare waiting to happen.

I wonder what will happen the first time an uninsured, unlicensed Mexican trucker crashes into an insured American. Is there any liability, any victim protections?

I also wonder if we might see some violence by organized labor like the Teamsters did back in the old days. If so will the National Guard be put into the position of guarding Mexican truckers?

Tom
09-01-2007, 11:21 AM
I wonder what will happen the first time an uninsured, unlicensed Mexican trucker crashes into an insured American. Is there any liability, any victim protections?

I also wonder if we might see some violence by organized labor like the Teamsters did back in the old days. If so will the National Guard be put into the position of guarding Mexican truckers?

This happend all the time - illegals who do not respect our immigration laws do not respect our driving laws, or any laws, fgor that matter. We just had a young mother killed in a crash with a drunken illegal who ran away from the scene.

Hey Bush, you MF, killing people Americans will not kill, huh? You bastard, W.

Violence against them? Keep a good tought. Can you imagine this worthless presidnet using the NG against REAL Americans? No brainer - he has already been jailing American border agents who got in the way of his master plan to destroy our nation, get rid of the borders, and allow the drug runners free reign. I have no dobut he would do this. And it could be the spark that ignites us all to action to take down this occupying government and replace with one that serves the people.

Lock N Load - take back the Road!

Feel free to issue bumper stickers :D

Greyfox
09-01-2007, 11:37 AM
. And it could be the spark that ignites us all to action to take down this occupying government and replace with one that serves the people.

Your fast becoming "Tommy Treason."

Greyfox
09-02-2007, 12:28 AM
Not the first time I figured a horse wouldn't fire. But news just in says:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Bush administration can proceed with a plan to open the U.S. border to long haul Mexican trucks as early as next week after an appeals court rejected a bid by labor, consumer and environmental interests to block the initiative.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070901/us_nm/mexico_trucks_us_dc_1

Tom
09-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Another one of Georgie Porgie's puppet judges, like the one he uses to ignore our laws and jail border patrol agent?

This guy smells worse than week old mackeral. And is nowhere near as pretty.

dutchboy
09-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Wonder if Tom's front yard has room for the black helicopters to land. You never know who may be reading what you are writing. Once posted, comments are out there forever.

This happend all the time - illegals who do not respect our immigration laws do not respect our driving laws, or any laws, fgor that matter. We just had a young mother killed in a crash with a drunken illegal who ran away from the scene.

Hey Bush, you MF, killing people Americans will not kill, huh? You bastard, W.

Violence against them? Keep a good tought. Can you imagine this worthless presidnet using the NG against REAL Americans? No brainer - he has already been jailing American border agents who got in the way of his master plan to destroy our nation, get rid of the borders, and allow the drug runners free reign. I have no dobut he would do this. And it could be the spark that ignites us all to action to take down this occupying government and replace with one that serves the people.

Tom
09-02-2007, 03:48 PM
First Ammendment applies here.

DJofSD
09-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Make sure they're aware, we have the chupacabra, and, we'll use it!

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2007-08/32250601.jpg

From the L.A. Times, 9/1/07: (http://www.latimes.com/news/la-na-myth1sep01,1,2159006.story)

CUERO, Texas — Phylis Canion lived in Africa for four years. She has been a hunter all her life and has the mounted heads of a zebra and other exotic animals in her house to prove it.

But the roadkill she found last month outside her ranch was a new one even for her, worth hiding in a freezer: Canion believes she may have the head of the mythical, bloodsucking chupacabra.

More at the link, no charge subscription required -- only one "spam" occasionally.

JustRalph
09-02-2007, 05:54 PM
Dj, I read that story and it kind of freaked me out.

She isn't shy about handling that thing either.........

skate
09-02-2007, 07:59 PM

:lol:

Greyfox
09-07-2007, 06:25 PM
The trucks are rolling. Started last night at midnight.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/mexico/tijuana/20070907-9999-1n7trucks.html

Lou Dobbs needs a blood pressure pill, he's so furious.

skate
09-09-2007, 07:18 PM

the canadiens have been doing this for years, that was the start.

now you are considered Too late.

what the f does uncle george have to do with this issue.

this issue is long gone, babe.

Secretariat
09-10-2007, 10:26 AM
This is one issue I am in disagreement with many Dem's views.

However, what surprises me is Giuliani's comments regarding the immigration matter. He is the one Repub I have been looking at if HRC woudl get the Dem nominee, and then he says something like this about illegal immingration:

It's not a crime," Giuliani said Friday. "I know that's very hard for people to understand, but it's not a federal crime."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070907/ap_on_el_pr/giuliani_immigration

Can a Republican explain why Giuliani is so pro-illegal immigration?

Also just curious why the Evangelicals are wary of Thompson? I read that in an article this weekend. Very surprising to me.

Tom
09-10-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm not a republican, but I think Rudy committed politcal suicide. I would never support him ini way after that. Just another phony pol hack whoring for votes.
See Sec, we agree on some things! ;)

skate
09-10-2007, 05:13 PM
good god, i just hate it when you people agree:kiss:

my consideration on the trucking issue has nothing to do with insurance or compliance of any law.

take a look into jobs lost for the USA drivers.

then later on you'll not have to worry about why Fed expenses rise year after year in order to take care of these people that lost jobs,
what a waste.

but, hey, don't forget to vote;) , you do such a swell job at voting.

Secretariat
09-10-2007, 07:47 PM
the canadiens have been doing this for years, that was the start.

now you are considered Too late.

what the f does uncle george have to do with this issue.

this issue is long gone, babe.

No, skate the issue is coming this way.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/mexico_blast_dc

Dozens dead in Mexico truck crash and blast

NADADORES, Mexico (Reuters) - A tractor-trailer loaded with explosives blew up in Mexico on Monday after a traffic accident, creating a huge fireball that killed dozens, including rescue workers and photographers

People stuck in the traffic jam caused by the accident were also killed in the blast that left a crater 65 feet wide and 9 feet deep near the town of Nadadores in the northern state of Coahuila, witnesses and officials said.

"There were body parts scattered in the trees," said Paulina Luna, 62, a local resident who was evacuated to a shelter. Her brother's home was flattened. "The house was swept from the earth as if it never existed," she said.

DJofSD
09-10-2007, 07:52 PM
NADADORES, Mexico (Reuters) - A tractor-trailer loaded with explosives blew up in Mexico on Monday after a traffic accident, creating a huge fireball that killed dozens, including rescue workers and photographers

I wonder if that will show up on John Walsh's program next year.

Now that the domain of what use to be the ICC has been bent over, how much longer before the FAA gets lubed up?

DJofSD
09-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Damnably big hole it left. (http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20070911/2007_09_10t172443_450x284_us_mexico_blast.jpg?x=18 0&y=113&sig=nn.S59MmtcuWsbr3s1wwiQ--)

Must be the Mexican version of Future Weapons.

Tom
09-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Sec, that is horrible news.

Just digusting that Congress has yet to do anything to protect the American people. What are they waiting for?

JustRalph
09-10-2007, 11:12 PM
I heard on the radio that two trucks have already been stopped full of cocaine and another went left of center and killed a family of four in a minivan............all within 6 hours of the border................

Tom
09-11-2007, 07:26 AM
Killing people Americans won't kill.

This is on YOU, Bush. On YOU.

bacowinner
09-11-2007, 09:49 AM
I read in the wilmington star news that a truck from mexico made a delivery in south carolina yesterday:confused:

skate
09-11-2007, 05:37 PM
No, skate the issue is coming this way.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/mexico_blast_dc

Dozens dead in Mexico truck crash and blast

People stuck in the traffic jam caused by the accident were also killed in the blast that left a crater 65 feet wide and 9 feet deep near the town of Nadadores in the northern state of Coahuila, witnesses and officials said.

"There were body parts scattered in the trees," said Paulina Luna, 62, a local resident who was evacuated to a shelter. Her brother's home was flattened. "The house was swept from the earth as if it never existed," she said.

yeh, i guess your right.

ive been so wrong about this issue all along:confused:

now we have the proof, thanks.

Greyfox
09-11-2007, 08:07 PM
Sec, that is horrible news.

Just digusting that Congress has yet to do anything to protect the American people. What are they waiting for?

What is Congress waiting for?

Answer: ma ana

Secretariat
09-11-2007, 09:07 PM
What is Congress waiting for?

Answer: ma ana

Source: Associated Press

(09-11) 16:48 PDT WASHINGTON, (AP) --

The Senate voted Tuesday to ban Mexican trucks from U.S. roadways, rekindling a more than decade-old trade dispute with Mexico.

By a 74-24 vote, the Senate approved a proposal by Sen. Byron Dorgan, D-N.D., prohibiting the Transportation Department from spending money on a North American Free Trade Agreement pilot program giving Mexican trucks access to U.S. highways.

--
Supporters of Dorgan's amendment argued the trucks are not yet proven safe. Opponents said the U.S. is applying tougher standards to Mexican trucks than to Canadian trucks and failing to live up to its NAFTA obligations.

--
Under NAFTA, Mexico can seek retaliation against the U.S. for failing to adhere to the treaty's requirements, including retaining tariffs on goods that the treaty eliminates, said Sidney Weintraub, a professor emeritus at the University of Texas LBJ School of Public Affairs in Austin.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/09/11/national/w164826D06.DTL

The question is will the President veto the bill, and will the Cognress override that veto?

Also, who exactly voted AGAINST THIS!!!! Not ONE Democrat!

NAYs ---23

Allard (R-CO)
Bennett (R-UT)
Bond (R-MO)
Bunning (R-KY)
Burr (R-NC)
Cochran (R-MS)
Cornyn (R-TX)
DeMint (R-SC)
Domenici (R-NM)
Grassley (R-IA)
Gregg (R-NH)
Hagel (R-NE)
Hutchison (R-TX)
Kyl (R-AZ)
Lieberman (ID-CT)
Lott (R-MS)
Lugar (R-IN)
Martinez (R-FL)
McConnell (R-KY)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Stevens (R-AK)
Sununu (R-NH)
Vitter (R-LA)

Not Voting - 2
Craig (R-ID)
McCain (R-AZ)

Secretariat
09-11-2007, 09:19 PM
Sorry, I forgot Cornyn's comment on this.

Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, who drafted a Republican alternative to Dorgan's amendment, said the attempt to block the trucks appeared to be about limiting competition and may amount to discrimination against Mexico.
"I would never allow an unsafe truck on our highways, particularly Texas highways," said Cornyn, whose amendment failed.

And there it is.

Tom
09-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Keep that list handy - everyone on it is not fit to serve.