PDA

View Full Version : Match Up II

grahors
08-31-2007, 07:50 AM
Looking for this book by The Hat???? Anyone??
Also, the "Blue Manual"???? or any Match Up manual??

shanta
08-31-2007, 08:18 AM
Hat's email address
THEHAT.iqp@ worldnet.att.net

Remove the space after the "@"

Vigors
08-31-2007, 11:09 AM
....Brand new, never opened....

MAKE OFFER.....

midnight
08-31-2007, 10:51 PM
Matchup II is also available from Gamblers Book Shop in Las Vegas or from their online site.

GameTheory
08-31-2007, 11:15 PM
Does Matchup II make any more sense than the previous version?

highnote
09-01-2007, 01:12 AM
Does Matchup II make any more sense than the previous version?

I loved Matchup One. I know it was a book that was badly in need of an editor, but his method is brain-dead simple and it works. I have won more money with his method than almost any other method I've used.

I have not read Matchup Two, but I do own a copy. Will read it when I get a chance.

GameTheory
09-01-2007, 01:16 AM
I loved Matchup One. I know it was a book that was badly in need of an editor, but his method is brain-dead simple and it works. I have won more money with his method than almost any other method I've used.
I "read" Matchup One, but I can't say I understood any method in it, or anything at all, so I wouldn't know. I have been told the Matchup "manual" (a Sartin thing in a binder, I gather) was more complete and understandable.

I'd be willing to take a look at the new version if someone can confirm it makes some sense...

chickenhead
09-01-2007, 01:26 AM
I've been hearing about the legendary unreadability of this Match Up book for a long time now...I guess I need to get it. Name your price Vigors.

GameTheory
09-01-2007, 01:31 AM
I've been hearing about the legendary unreadability of this Match Up book for a long time now...I guess I need to get it. Name your price Vigors.Buy me the new one, and I'll send you the old one. Yeah, that makes sense.

chickenhead
09-01-2007, 01:34 AM
send me your old one, and when you get the new one I'll send it back. And then you can loan me the new one...

I need to read the book that inspired you guys to form the weekly study group to try and decipher it

GameTheory
09-01-2007, 01:38 AM
send me your old one, and when you get the new one I'll send it back. And then you can loan me the new one...But I don't want to pay for the new one if it is just the same old same old. I already got fleeced by buying the old one and only receiving goobledygook in return....

highnote
09-01-2007, 03:14 AM
But I don't want to pay for the new one if it is just the same old same old. I already got fleeced by buying the old one and only receiving goobledygook in return....

Funny how different people can interpret the same book differently. I thought the book was brilliant. Not for it's writing, but for it's content. To me the book was worth many times the $30 price tag.

The book I could get nothing from was that one from Pizzola. The one where you're supposed to look at the entire page of DRF pps all at once and get a feel for the race. That was a load of horse crap as far as I am concerned, but others rave about the book.

Go figure. :confused:

GameTheory
09-01-2007, 03:22 AM
Funny how different people can interpret the same book differently. I thought the book was brilliant. Not for it's writing, but for it's content. To me the book was worth many times the $30 price tag.If I could figure out what the content was, maybe I'd think the same thing.

Pace Cap'n
09-01-2007, 07:08 AM
Here is a 20-page thread about the book...

www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32621&highlight=match (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32621&highlight=match)

To order: Send $35.00 (Check, or Money Order.)

Oklahoma Residents Please add $2.80 Sales Tax.

(Canadian Orders $38.00 American Currency. Money Orders Only.)

To: JIM "The Hat" BRADSHAW, Corp.

3335 South 114th East Ave.

Tulsa, OK. 74146.

This includes Shipping And Handling.

PS: Have yet to read it.

highnote
09-01-2007, 09:52 AM
If I could figure out what the content was, maybe I'd think the same thing.

LOL

What I got from the book is that you figure out how fast the horse can run to the pace calls and still win. Then try to estimate today's pace. Whichever horse can run to the supposed pace has a good chance of winning -- as long as it doesn't have to alter it's style too much.

Then he gives good ways of doing distance switch adjustments.

I thought it was pretty simple. Sometimes hard to follow -- maybe that's a Sartin thing. And sometimes the numbers are just plain wrong.

But I think he gives enough examples that you can figure out what he's trying to say.

You sort of have to handicap the book and ask yourself -- what is the chance he is means X when he writes Y. :D

Ted Craven
09-01-2007, 02:10 PM
You can learn a lot more about The Match Up including a number of concepts not discussed in the book at the Forum maintained by Jim Bradshaw (and by Richie aka Shanta) at the 'Pace and Cap' website here (http://bindfold.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35).

Ted