PDA

View Full Version : Not ADW related.....

chickenhead
08-30-2007, 03:44 PM
Not really related to anything we've been talking about, but...

I just happened to be reading this story today, and wanted to throw out there that I think a profound action by any group of horseplayers (read Horsplayer Group) would be some sort of net-wide fundraiser/contest with proceeds donated to horse rescue operations.

There is one near me

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2004/08/04/MNGUO82C711.DTL

and I'm sure there are many more around the US, but not enough. I think that would be a fine action to take. I'm going to go visit this one, I'l post some feedback when I get a chance. I don't think there is a shortage of potential recipients, and god knows they could use the money.

PaceAdvantage
08-31-2007, 01:27 AM
I don't think there is a shortage of potential recipients, and god knows they could use the money.

That's for sure. This is an awesome idea. If we could iron out some logistics (:lol: ) I'd be happy to do all I can to help out here....

Tom
08-31-2007, 08:31 AM
It would nice to get a track to throw in - we target them for a buycott, they pledge to match some percentage of the handle increase? We pledge x% of profits on posted slections.....remember the great night we had at EVD for Katrina relief War Room was humnming that night and we had some nice scores given out befor the races.

chickenhead
08-31-2007, 10:27 AM
yeah I'm not sure on how to do it...but I think it would be a big hit. I know its important to a lot of us, and its the right thing to do.

the devil is in the details..I'll be thinking on it, anyone has ideas on how it might be structured post away..