PDA

View Full Version : Which provider is best?

3EZPayments
08-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Hello all, I am new on here, but have been lurking around this site for a while. Posted a few but never really said Hi..

What is the best site in your opinion to use to online wager?

I was severly injured and I really don't leave the house anymore so about all I can do is wager online. Right now I use AmericaTAB (brisb*t)

Anyway Hi all and any help with this would be much appreciated

Edited: Is the site I use one that needs to be or is on the boycott? And also If I posted this in the wrong place I am sorry

DJofSD
08-30-2007, 11:32 AM
Part of a discussion in the War Room a couple of weeks ago was to create a "report card" on these services. Sounds like that would come in handy about right now.

ceejay
08-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Welcome aboard 3EZPay. Given the fractured nature of ADW I have accounts @ youbet, brisbet and PTC. The latter gets most of my action with the others getting limited action on their exclusive tracks when they have races I want to play.

stuball
08-30-2007, 02:37 PM
I currently have accounts at brisbet and PTC with my preferred being PTC
and I use Brisbet on the tracks PTC does not cover. Rebate from PTC is nice
I have not been as active lately as I would like ....hoping for this buycott
to force changes to industry....so we can bet whatever track we want
wherever we want..

Stuball :ThmbUp:

betovernetcapper
08-30-2007, 03:04 PM
What Stuball said but even if you were to remove rebates from the equation, I'd still prefer PTC because of the betting layout. It's the only one that lets the smaller bettor make conditional bets. I don't know why other ADWs haven't offered this. Players have been asking for this kind of feature for at least 5 years.

northerndancer
08-30-2007, 08:15 PM
I use Xpressbet and Youbet....... I have yet to try PTC.

I really like Youbet for their ease of wagering (no I do not use wager pad pro). I am sure I will get blasted for my opinion of Youbet but I only speak the truth from my experiences. I have been able to deposit and withdraw funds without issue (too much depositing though).

I only use Xpressbet for Track Net Media tracks.

PaceAdvantage
08-31-2007, 01:37 AM
Edited: Is the site I use one that needs to be or is on the boycott? And also If I posted this in the wrong place I am sorry

For the record, there is no boycott being officially supported by PaceAdvantage.com. Just thought I'd clear that up....

trying2win
08-31-2007, 02:48 AM
I'm biased I know, but in my experience PREMIER TURF CLUB is the best ADW provider. :ThmbUp:

Reasons?...

1. Generous cash rebates. This is one of PTC's great ways of saying thank you for their account holders business. It's tough enough trying to overcome the high track takeouts and breakage, while playing the races. The cash rebates are icing on the cake if one is a long-term profitable player. If you're not at that stage yet, the cash rebates keep you in the game longer. The cash rebates can turn a break-even month or slight-loss month, into a profitable one at the races. The cash rebates are paid daily and really add up over a month. After all, who doesn't like extra money coming in? I gratefully accept the super PTC cash rebates any day, versus the other Canadian or American ADW's offering 'points' and redeeming them later for over-priced merchandise.

2. Excellent customer service. I believe Ian Meyers of PTC knows the 'real boss' is the customer. I also believe that Ian knows that PTC'S prosperity depends on happy customers. Ian treats customers royally and answers questions promptly.

3. Innovation. The conditional wagering feature is a good example in this area. I'm guessing PTC is working diligently to get live video of the tracks they cover, available for customers in the near future.

4. They are adding more tracks little-by-little. I believe more racetrack managers and horsemen will see how the fallacy of poverty-consciousness and stinginess with racetrack signals, adversely affects their bottom lines in the long run by alienating customers. I believe more of these parties in the near future will see the common sense that sharing their signals with more ADWS is the way to go, because of increased income brought by multiple sources of income.

EXTRA NOTES:

--Do I make bets at other ADW'S? Frankly, yes. I also have accounts at LINK2BET AND HPI. I usually only use LINK2BET for playing EMERALD DOWNS or MEADOWLANDS harness, because PTC isn't carrying these tracks yet. As for HPI, I only bet with them occasionally if I want to take a flyer on a track that PTC or LINK2BET doesn't carry. I"m guessing that about 90 to
95 % of my bets go through PTC.

--I think PTC'S account holders really want to see this ADW succeed in the long run. In addition, I believe PTC'S account holders continued loyal support in both wagering and ideas for improvement at PTC are important. Finally, I think the ideas presented in my review here, have explained largely why I'm a satisified customer of PTC.

--So, if you're not a PTC customer yet and you qualify, I don't know why you wouldn't want to be.

T2W

Premier Turf Club
08-31-2007, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the kind words.

We have a lot of new things coming, hopefully in the next week. Stuff like file upload into the queues, automatic real time odds dutching for both one horse and 2-horse wagers, single screens listing scratches at all tracks, etc. The software is actually finished, we're just waiting for our test server in Fargo to be set-up. Publishing directly to a live system every week was taking years off my life. We will add video by year end and we've got a really cool, fast betting interface that's about a month away.

And yes, we are adding tracks. This month it's Chester Downs, Harrington, Presque Isle and Retama. If you're not currently a client, please stop by and demo the website at www.premierturfclub.com. :)

K9Pup
08-31-2007, 08:43 AM
I've had an account on Link2Bet for some time, recently I added an account on PTC. There are good and bad things about both.

PTC has conditional betting (good thing), but the interface to make those conditional bets is cumbersome, especially if you are making a lot. Even without the conditional wagers I prefer the bet interface on L2B. Not everybody wants to use a mouse to enter numbers. I prefer a simple text data entry of 1/23/234 over clicking boxes. The navigation of the PTC website could be more organized.

I hope that one or the other will provide a "wager file" interface soon. That would solve a lot of my problems.

For some reason L2B is able to open the tracks for betting earlier than PTC. Ian is checking into making the tracks available sooner.

PTC account reporting is great! Online query by bet type, track, month, etc. L2B has some reports you can request to be emailed.

Rebates - PTC is very upfront about how much per bet type per track. L2B gives rebates, when asked. Percentage wise I seem to be getting a higher return at L2B, not sure why.

Customer service - PTC is great. L2B is good.

Getting money in/out on L2B is a little tougher than PTC. L2B is based in England, so you have those issues. Personally I've had no trouble getting my money.

prospector
08-31-2007, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the kind words.

We have a lot of new things coming, hopefully in the next week. Stuff like file upload into the queues, automatic real time odds dutching for both one horse and 2-horse wagers,
And yes, we are adding tracks. This month it's Chester Downs, Harrington, Presque Isle and Retama. If you're not currently a client, please stop by and demo the website at www.premierturfclub.com (http://www.premierturfclub.com/). :)
how do you dutch one horse?
great news about more tracks..
when does retama start?

Premier Turf Club
08-31-2007, 10:02 AM
K9Pup, thanks for the feedback.

PTC has conditional betting (good thing), but the interface to make those conditional bets is cumbersome, especially if you are making a lot. Even without the conditional wagers I prefer the bet interface on L2B. Not everybody wants to use a mouse to enter numbers. I prefer a simple text data entry of 1/23/234 over clicking boxes. The navigation of the PTC website could be more organized. I hope that one or the other will provide a "wager file" interface soon. That would solve a lot of my problems.

The file upload into the queue is something that should be available in the next 2 weeks. Testing next week, publishing the week after.

We've heard the comments on the interface at Link2Bet. Some dog players love it; horse players that have used it don't. I have no explanation for that, it's just an observation after months of talking to customers.

For some reason L2B is able to open the tracks for betting earlier than PTC. Ian is checking into making the tracks available sooner.

Opening the pools earlier is something that's in the coming publication. That one may be as early as Tuesday.

PTC account reporting is great! Online query by bet type, track, month, etc. L2B has some reports you can request to be emailed.

I can guarantee we put more money into this than anyone else has.

Rebates - PTC is very upfront about how much per bet type per track. L2B gives rebates, when asked. Percentage wise I seem to be getting a higher return at L2B, not sure why.

I'd be surprised if they are paying more, but without numbers from them I can't say that for sure. Certainly without the reporting feature it will make it tough for you to tell at L2B.

Customer service - PTC is great. L2B is good.
They sleep, I don't.

Getting money in/out on L2B is a little tougher than PTC. L2B is based in England, so you have those issues. Personally I've had no trouble getting my money.

Again, not knowing much abut L2B withdrawal procedures it's tough to comment definitively but they are located on the Isle of Man so it would be no surprise. Foreign wires in/out of U.S. get a lot of scrutiny these days.

Premier Turf Club
08-31-2007, 10:05 AM
how do you dutch one horse?
great news about more tracks..
when does retama start?

I should have made myself more clear on dutching. When I say one horse, I mean you can dutch the win pool. Any number of horses you want. Just check the box and they get included in the dutch. Our software will continuously resize the bets and update the projected ROI based upon the real-time odds.

When I say 2-Horse, I mean you can dutch exactas, quinellas and doubles as well. I don't know that I've ever seen that offered anywhere else, but it's great when you like 3 horses and want to structure your bets for an equal return rather than just boxing them.

Retama starts Sept 7.

DeanT
08-31-2007, 10:16 AM
Hey Ian,

I have only used it a few times, but I notice on reporting that ROI numbers are a bit scattered in WPS, PS betting.

If I bet WPS, it shows up as one category. If I bet just P another, and show or PS another.

As a player I often have taken some stabs at place and show betting. I would like to see my ROI broken down by W, P and S and not grouped based on the exact bet I make. Is there any reason why this is difficult to set up with your system?

Other than that it is pretty good I think. Only other complaint I guess I had was that I could not easily see results on the main wagering screen. I had to go back one screen.

L2B has the results right up after the race on their drag and drop software screen. That is good. But their interface is far from perfect, imo.

Anyway, nice effort. Just a few minor criticisms that I am sure you have heard before, and have to delicately balance based on your players preferences.

ddog
08-31-2007, 10:17 AM
I should have made myself more clear on dutching. When I say one horse, I mean you can dutch the win pool. Any number of horses you want. Just check the box and they get included in the dutch. Our software will continuously resize the bets and update the projected ROI based upon the real-time odds.

When I say 2-Horse, I mean you can dutch exactas, quinellas and doubles as well. I don't know that I've ever seen that offered anywhere else, but it's great when you like 3 horses and want to structure your bets for an equal return rather than just boxing them.

Retama starts Sept 7.

dutch feature sounds KILLER!
Hope all stays on track for that one.
:jump:

Premier Turf Club
08-31-2007, 10:57 AM
Hey Ian,

I have only used it a few times, but I notice on reporting that ROI numbers are a bit scattered in WPS, PS betting.

If I bet WPS, it shows up as one category. If I bet just P another, and show or PS another.

As a player I often have taken some stabs at place and show betting. I would like to see my ROI broken down by W, P and S and not grouped based on the exact bet I make. Is there any reason why this is difficult to set up with your system?

Anyway, nice effort. Just a few minor criticisms that I am sure you have heard before, and have to delicately balance based on your players preferences.

Dean:

We'd have to write something to separate WP, WPS, PS, etc. type of bets. That's the precise way it get's transmitted to the tote. I don't know how hard that is to do, I will ask my tech team.

Results will be available in a pop-up on our new wagering interface that's about 4 weeks away.

RE, player's preferences. You're right it is a delicate balancing act. As our customers know, we listen and incorporate your feedback into everything we do. That was the impetus for the file upload feature (many, many requests) and getting wagering open earlier (enough requests to make us want to do it).

Sometimes though you get requests for things that just can't be accomodated or are worth the money they would cost to implement (like different skins font, or color choices for the buttons and screens). Other times requests will conflict (fonts are too small / fonts are too big, too much wasted space). I took awhile to come to grips with the fact that we can't be all things to all people. We can try through...:)

Premier Turf Club
08-31-2007, 10:58 AM
dutch feature sounds KILLER!
Hope all stays on track for that one.
:jump:

I should get a beta version on Tuesday (fingers crossed)...

betovernetcapper
08-31-2007, 11:03 AM
I don't think I've mentioned it before but a legal domestic ADW that gives rebates is the best thing since the pop top beer can. I'm not really comfortable putting my money offshore.
BTW did anyone hear about bodog?
too funny :lol:

DeanT
08-31-2007, 11:16 AM
Thanks Ian. ROI by type of bet that is easy to use is good for people like me - i.e. lazy :)

3EZPayments
08-31-2007, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the replies folks I will look into them. Being from Oklahoma I have found a couple of sites that will not let me sigh up for their services, while others do… I don’t understand it but I guess they must have reasons for it.

K9Pup
08-31-2007, 12:06 PM
K9Pup, thanks for the feedback.

The file upload into the queue is something that should be available in the next 2 weeks. Testing next week, publishing the week after.

We've heard the comments on the interface at Link2Bet. Some dog players love it; horse players that have used it don't. I have no explanation for that, it's just an observation after months of talking to customers.

I think I have a case of borderline CTS. So I prefer to get away from the mouse sometimes just to relax my hand. And for me at least, it is easier to type 1/23/234 than it is to click 1, then click 23, then 234. Also when entering bets with multiple lines, your interface reloads? the runners for each line. Just a short delay, but a delay none the less.

Opening the pools earlier is something that's in the coming publication. That one may be as early as Tuesday.

Great !! Currently I am placing my matinee wagers on L2B and the evening tracks on PTC unless the track I want isn't available.

Being able to programatically generate wagers will put me in heaven.

MNslappy
09-02-2007, 12:48 AM
We will add video by year end

that is truly fantastic! :jump: