PDA

View Full Version : A newbie thought about the ADW stategy

razzle
08-28-2007, 11:10 PM
Bloodhorse is conducting an open forum for write-in questions for Jim Gallagher, the new director of NY Thorobred Horsemen's Assoc. It's available on the BH site. He will be responding at noon this Thurs.

NYRA, as I'm sure many here know, has just recruited Hal Handel from Phila Pk ( Phonebet). Both guys could be helpful?

1. Would it be possible to designate a single race on one of the NYRA cards on which to focus?

2. Could members here, by write-ins on Thurs, enlist his support?

3. Like all endeavors of this sort, people ( even those who gripe the most )
are much more likely to participate if it is made easy for them.

speedking
08-28-2007, 11:51 PM
Bloodhorse is conducting an open forum for write-in questions for Jim Gallagher, the new director of NY Thorobred Horsemen's Assoc. It's available on the BH site. He will be responding at noon this Thurs.

NYRA, as I'm sure many here know, has just recruited Hal Handel from Phila Pk ( Phonebet). Both guys could be helpful?

1. Would it be possible to designate a single race on one of the NYRA cards on which to focus?

are much more likely to participate if it is made easy for them.

With all due respect, razzle; I would not use the name Hal Handel and helpful in the same sentence if you are referring to horseplayers.

speedking

Indulto
08-29-2007, 12:57 AM

are much more likely to participate if it is made easy for them.It certainly wouldn't hurt to bring up the protest objectives to test Gallagher's reaction. Maybe he'll comment on how NYRA handle might be affected by their exclusive agreement with TVG and what might happen after the franchise decision is resolved. While the B-H generally restricts contributions to one per topic, maybe several would indicate interest.

From the posts I've read, and I hope betovernetcapper will correct me if I'm wrong, there seems to be a general consensus that we would have greater impact on smaller tracks.

I, too, suggested a single race at a track with greater exposure and larger pools, Hawthorne, that might not be as formidable as one conducting G1 racing. The idea hasn't yet attracted any support, however, despite the fact it can be bet at all ADWS and simulcast centers.

Bruddah
08-29-2007, 01:08 AM
in a positive way. Select a NY track with a major feature race. Everyone agrees to bet the race prior to and after the feature race. We would only be betting two races. Obviously, the one preceding and following the featured race. In this way we could show impact on the races we buycott and the race we boycott. All on the same card and day.

Indulto
08-29-2007, 01:33 AM
in a positive way. Select a NY track with a major feature race. Everyone agrees to bet the race prior to and after the feature race. We would only be betting two races. Obviously, the one preceding and following the featured race. In this way we could show impact on the races we buycott and the race we boycott. All on the same card and day.I like your thinking, but NYRA races are not available through PTC or TrackNet ADWs.

stuball
08-29-2007, 02:07 PM
And why should we reward them with our bets....seems counter to what we are trying to do. or am I the one that is mixed up?

Stuball :confused:

Indulto
08-29-2007, 02:20 PM
And why should we reward them with our bets....seems counter to what we are trying to do. or am I the one that is mixed up?

Stuball :confused:I don't think of it as rewarding them as much as using them to make our point. And don't forget, it's their customers we're trying to help as well.

I assume the protest isn't supposed to be an exclusive club whose participation is limited to PTC customers or am I mixed up too? :bang: