PDA

View Full Version : The Future of America

bigmack
08-28-2007, 07:56 PM
The passing of the torch might not go so well if this is any indication of the level of knowledge with the youth of today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

JustRalph
08-28-2007, 08:05 PM
There's a hundred and fifty thousand men and women who contradict the image this women projects of our youth. You can find them mostly in Iraq fighting a war. They are the future...........

RobinFromIreland
08-28-2007, 08:16 PM
I sometimes wonder if the "Off Topic - General" forum should be renamed "Non Sequiturs".

DJofSD
08-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Valley girl plus 30 years.

Gibbon
08-29-2007, 12:01 AM
There was a feminist back in the 1920's whose name eludes me at this moment, stated...

"Men will always be superior to woman as long as women feel the need to participate in beauty contests.”

Not my position but an interesting thought nevertheless.

PaceAdvantage
08-29-2007, 01:15 AM
I sometimes wonder if the "Off Topic - General" forum should be renamed "Non Sequiturs".

Really? You think Ralph's reply didn't address the original point of the thread?

DanG
08-29-2007, 08:28 AM
This poor girl is tagged with this for life.

Putting aside party affiliations for a second...

Is anyone here willing to bet real money that our current President wouldn’t struggle with a world geography test?

Tom
08-29-2007, 08:43 AM
Bush doesn't need maps....he has the co-ordinates! :rolleyes::lol:

DanG
08-29-2007, 09:01 AM
Bush doesn't need maps....he has the co-ordinates! :rolleyes::lol:
Good point Tom!!! :D

Hey; on a serious note;

1)Thank you for not using the “Bush bashing” tag line that in my view is used a little too often; often as a defensive mechanism each time a policy is challenged.

2)To end on a positive note, this President will forever be remembered in my home as the man who stood up to frivolous law suits and class action predators. To that I say…SALUTE!!! :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
08-29-2007, 03:35 PM
Really? You think Ralph's reply didn't address the original point of the thread?

You know, I didn't get that response either. I thought it was dead on topic?

I figured Robin was just trying to pick a fight..............

DJofSD
08-29-2007, 06:38 PM
2)To end on a positive note, this President will forever be remembered in my home as the man who stood up to frivolous law suits and class action predators. To that I say…SALUTE!!!

To drift a little farther, I heard on the radio this morning that the state of Texas is having a real problem processing all the applications from would be doctors in that state. Something like 2,000 have applied. Apparently Texas passed some laws addressing malpractice and limiting damages, i.e. tort reform.

And then there was the announcement that Lerach is stepping down from the law firm that bares his name to devote 100% of his time to his defense against chargers of fruad that New York has brought against him.

Steve 'StatMan'
08-30-2007, 08:28 PM
I could hardly believe this when I saw this, from the Franch version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. Besides the contestand, more amazing is the audience response - got the wrong audience for helping out that day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxmHEGy7JUU&feature=bz100

ddog
08-30-2007, 09:54 PM
in bankruptcy court.
we will be on a scheduled repayment plan to our creditors so they don't cut us off.
think bannana republic , crack addict you get the idea.

DJofSD
08-30-2007, 11:17 PM
I could hardly believe this when I saw this, from the Franch version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. Besides the contestand, more amazing is the audience response - got the wrong audience for helping out that day.

Well, right off the bat, the first question is incorrect in it's phrasing. No body rotates aroung the earth. The earth rotates on it's axis and the moon revolves around the earth. Geeze, basic grammar school scientific definitions here, Jacque.