PDA

View Full Version : NoCount favored in Kent Stakes at DEL

the_fat_man
08-28-2007, 11:46 AM
It appears as if NoCount will be the favorite in the Kent Stakes at DEL (9/01) in what shapes up as a decent field, including:

Strike a Deal (2 bigtime skunkings in a row)
Soldier's Dancer (if he wins last out, I'm cruising in the PA contest:lol: )
Summer Doldrums (last run, anyone? for the suckup crowd)

Now, while I've bashed NoCount for close to a year, I did appreciate his effort in the Hall of Fame Stakes. I actually thought he'd run well in that race and stayed out of it as there was no value. And while Marchiavelly had to take up in the stretch (certainly noticed by the trip handicapping novices --HE FOUND TROUBLE ON THE HEDGE) and Ambassador was weaving his way through the stretch under the left/right whipping of the straight line challenged Garcia (does his agent ever watch his races?), it's of note that NoCount had the lead early stretch and held it to the wire during a period in which anything that had the lead in the stretch (either by leading throughout or taking over) was sure to be run down late. (Go figure, this is SAR and the stretch was playing like BEL)

Imagine what happens on a course where it's hard to pass in the lane.

Here's the field:

1. Buddy's Humor, 118, Eibar Coa, 6-1
2. Encaustic, 116, Luis Garcia, 15-1
3. Summer Doldrums, 120, Garrett Gomez, 12-1
4. Wheels Up at Noon, 116, TBA, 12-1
5. Strike a Deal, 116, Ramon Dominguez, 5-1
6. Soldier's Dancer, 118, Mario Pino, 15-1
7. Twilight Meteor, 116, Chris DeCarlo, 6-1
8. Nobiz Like Shobiz, 120, Javier Castellano, 8-5
9. Starvinsky, 118, Jeremy Rose, 12-1
10. Chaluiwitcane, 122, Roberto Alvarado, 12-1
11. Return the Money, 116, Ryan Fogelsonger, 20-1

P.S. I notice that Jeremy Rose has a mount in the race. I can only wonder how many he'll take out during the race with his reckless riding.

cj
08-28-2007, 12:48 PM
I'll wait for scratches before getting too excited about this one. At Delaware, 4 or 5 will probably leave the gate.

Robert Fischer
08-29-2007, 06:24 AM
500k purse is nothing to laugh at. Hopefully the big name(s) do run.

john del riccio
08-29-2007, 06:51 AM
It appears as if NoCount will be the favorite in the Kent Stakes at DEL (9/01) in what shapes up as a decent field, including:

Strike a Deal (2 bigtime skunkings in a row)
Soldier's Dancer (if he wins last out, I'm cruising in the PA contest:lol: )
Summer Doldrums (last run, anyone? for the suckup crowd)

Now, while I've bashed NoCount for close to a year, I did appreciate his effort in the Hall of Fame Stakes. I actually thought he'd run well in that race and stayed out of it as there was no value. And while Marchiavelly had to take up in the stretch (certainly noticed by the trip handicapping novices --HE FOUND TROUBLE ON THE HEDGE) and Ambassador was weaving his way through the stretch under the left/right whipping of the straight line challenged Garcia (does his agent ever watch his races?), it's of note that NoCount had the lead early stretch and held it to the wire during a period in which anything that had the lead in the stretch (either by leading throughout or taking over) was sure to be run down late. (Go figure, this is SAR and the stretch was playing like BEL)

Imagine what happens on a course where it's hard to pass in the lane.

Here's the field:

1. Buddy's Humor, 118, Eibar Coa, 6-1
2. Encaustic, 116, Luis Garcia, 15-1
3. Summer Doldrums, 120, Garrett Gomez, 12-1
4. Wheels Up at Noon, 116, TBA, 12-1
5. Strike a Deal, 116, Ramon Dominguez, 5-1
6. Soldier's Dancer, 118, Mario Pino, 15-1
7. Twilight Meteor, 116, Chris DeCarlo, 6-1
8. Nobiz Like Shobiz, 120, Javier Castellano, 8-5
9. Starvinsky, 118, Jeremy Rose, 12-1
10. Chaluiwitcane, 122, Roberto Alvarado, 12-1
11. Return the Money, 116, Ryan Fogelsonger, 20-1

P.S. I notice that Jeremy Rose has a mount in the race. I can only wonder how many he'll take out during the race with his reckless riding.

Fats,

This will be the race of the week, I'll put the figs up in a bit.

John

OTM Al
08-29-2007, 09:44 AM
cj's got that one dead on. Don't think I've ever bet a race at DEL because you never know who's actually going to show up. I'll give 7 as the over/under on this one, just because of the purse.

BTW the weight listed for Chaluiwitcane should be 116, not 122

samyn on the green
08-29-2007, 02:29 PM
The next day Saratoga runs the GIII Saranac for 3YO's 1 3/16th on the turf. You can count on the same horses being entered at Saratoga, giving the conx a chance to duck each other.

the_fat_man
08-29-2007, 03:09 PM
The next day Saratoga runs the GIII Saranac for 3YO's 1 3/16th on the turf. You can count on the same horses being entered at Saratoga, giving the conx a chance to duck each other.

Perfect spot for Ambassador.

I wouldn't think that would be a $500k purse, however.

OTM Al
08-29-2007, 07:08 PM
Purses don't matter oh large one. The difference is quickly made up in breeding rights of a graded stakes winner vs a non-stakes winner

samyn on the green
08-30-2007, 03:33 AM
Perfect spot for Ambassador.

I wouldn't think that would be a $500k purse, however.The purse for the Saranac is 100K. That would be a great spot for Ambassador. The distance is long enough to be a major advantage for his powerful German breeding. In addition how about a hot pace for the German Bred so he can get his schitznel sizzling.

Wish they would give a leg up to my man Samyn On The Green so we can get a real price again. Samyn is the best value jock on the curcuit but he gets a live mount about once every 3 weeks. Seems like Callejas has taken Samyn off everything as soon as he won a few races. The 45-1 and 11-1's have turned into 9-2's and 2-1's with Cornholio riding, and the results are not as good with the old master on the sidelines. It was a heartbreaker that No Count beat him last out but with Samyn in the Irons it may have been a W.

PaceAdvantage
08-30-2007, 10:27 AM
One of the best ideas for an avatar Samyn....classic! You just made me laugh big time! "Looks like somebody we know...Without the beard..."