PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Daily Racing Form??

mhrussell
08-27-2007, 07:53 PM
So I ask: where the heck is the Daily Racing Form regarding all of this?!

I've seen NOTHING as far as coverage; neither on the front page of their web site nor in the print edition.

You would think all the DRF handicappers (Beyer. Crist, Free, et. al) would be leading the charge.

SILENCE.

Have I missed something or what?

Indulto
08-27-2007, 08:10 PM

I've seen NOTHING as far as coverage; neither on the front page of their web site nor in the print edition.

You would think all the DRF handicappers (Beyer. Crist, Free, et. al) would be leading the charge.

SILENCE.

http://www.drf.com/news/article/87764.html (http://www.drf.com/news/article/87764.html)
Jockey Club favors ban on steroids
By MATT HEGARTY Headlines | Posted 8/20/2007, 6:30 pm

… After Evans and Nathanson made their remarks, Alan Marzelli, the president and chief operating officer of the Jockey Club, said that Churchill's and TVG's positions were harming the industry by inconveniencing horseplayers, and he drew a parallel to the damage wrought on Major League Baseball when a players' strike in 1994 led to rapid declines in attendance that did not recover for five years.

"Can racing afford to do the same?" Marzelli said. "We think not."

Marzelli presented a petition from racing fans that was started at paceadvantage.com calling on the rival companies to make their signals available to each other's account-wagering platforms. The petition was signed by more than 400 players, Marzelli said.

ceejay
08-27-2007, 08:54 PM

SILENCE.

One word: Advertisers.

HorseRun
08-27-2007, 09:00 PM
4 words.... dont rock the boat (and their cushy jobs)

shanta
08-27-2007, 09:05 PM
4 words.... dont rock the boat (and their cushy jobs)

3 more words:

Old Boy Network

Steve 'StatMan'
08-27-2007, 09:08 PM
No offense to the DRF and their staff - their main issue is to sell PPS for all tracks, and paper DRF's at as many tracks as they can. They going to need to stay being 'everyone's friend' on this issue. They aren't concerned with which method people use to bet the races (live,otb,adw,etc.) but more that people still keep beting horse races (esp. using their PP services). Main goal - keep the readers buying their products and betting, and generating sales for all their various advertisers. I'm sure they would like all these messes cleared up as much as our members.

mhrussell
08-28-2007, 01:18 AM
I'm sure they would like all these messes cleared up as much as our members.

Then let's see some LEADERSHIP on their part and prove it.

To hell with risking 'upsetting' the advertisers and the rest. Without the bettors, the DRF would fold like yesterdays daisys. It's about time all the interests involved start to become upset and concerned about not upsetting the players interest for a change!

Marc- this is a challenge to you! Get your employer to DO SOMETHING!
Let's see a FRONT PAGE story in the Form about this situation with a demand to resolve it along with a reasonable plan to get it done. Offer mediation within a context and forum that would be acceptable to all. All parties would be represented; yes including representatives from players and from this board. Have the NTRA book and pay for a nice hotel for a week; lock all the representatives in a room and don't let them leave without an agreement being reached that would provide all ADW providers equal access to all simulcast signals.

"Go, Baby Go!"

What a pipe dream... what a joke all this is. :mad:

Grits
08-28-2007, 11:19 AM
One word: Advertisers.

I think "advertisers" would be an extremely poor excuse for lack of coverage of one of the greatest, ...better yet, the greatest, problem that is currently facing the betting public and the industry.

Of course, the betting public being the primary consumer of all DRF newspapers.

Advertisers should not be a factor, not at all. The negotiations of/ or during-- the recent sell of DRF may have caused management to limit their coverage, still now that this event has passed, the concern should continue to be followed and coverage available, most especially with Breeders' Cup approaching.

The Blood-Horse, on the other hand, has covered this story of ADW, continuously, from the onset.

Ray Paulick is now looking for employment, and I certainly hope his exit from Blood-Horse had nothing to do with this coverage, or directional disagreement of the magazine's content with Stacy Bearse. That would be unfortunate.

Kentucky's good ole boy network runs deeper than any other location in this nation.

One could spit further than the distance between Lexington and Louisville.

(Like horses that hang, some things remain in the back of one's mind.)

PaceAdvantage
08-28-2007, 11:39 PM
Ray Paulick is now looking for employment, and I certainly hope his exit from Blood-Horse had nothing to do with this coverage

It had nothing to do with this coverage....

Imriledup
08-29-2007, 10:06 AM

SILENCE.

Leave Crist a message on his Blog.
http://cristblog.drf.com/crist/