PDA

View Full Version : liars poker

john del riccio
08-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Is Kimmel cheating with DANCING CHEROKEE in todays 7th at SAR or is he dangling claim bait ?

John

toetoe
08-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Good question. :confused:

john del riccio
08-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Good question. :confused:

Claim bait.

John

jotb
08-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Hello John:

His dirt performances are terrible. The only race that looked ok was at MTH but that race was back in June and only one horse came back to win on the turf and that was for a maiden 25k at PHA. A few others came back to win on the dirt and I believe they were all maiden claimers. He took a stab at MTH in the ALW1X and that was a poor effort. I think he felt this is where the horse might fit 35kNW2L. This horse certainly was overbet today. I could see the horse bet if the distance was longer but not at 5.5F. He was praying someone take this horse today.

JOE

facorsig
08-28-2007, 10:27 AM
I used to be a partner in Starview Stables, the owners of Dancing Cherokee. Kimmel is quite smart about where to place the horses and when the time is right to put in for a tag he places them to the advantage of the owners. Two years ago this week we lost a filly in a 50k MCl race. She won the race by 14 lengths at short odds. We thought we lost something special, but she never won another race, including some at much lower purses and prices. Similarly, three years ago we lost one on claim to Michael Gill, but later I would conclude Kimmel positioned the horse for claim to our benefit.

john del riccio
08-28-2007, 10:40 AM
I used to be a partner in Starview Stables, the owners of Dancing Cherokee. Kimmel is quite smart about where to place the horses and when the time is right to put in for a tag he places them to the advantage of the owners. Two years ago this week we lost a filly in a 50k MCl race. She won the race by 14 lengths at short odds. We thought we lost something special, but she never won another race, including some at much lower purses and prices. Similarly, three years ago we lost one on claim to Michael Gill, but later I would conclude Kimmel positioned the horse for claim to our benefit.

Patrick reynolds took a maiden off him several years back that went to to greatness; the name escapes me. there have been a few that kimmel has let go that were bargains. thats why its called liars poker, some are OK, some are not.

John

bellsbendboy
08-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Being biased towards the talents of midwest trainers, and thinking their NY counterparts are much weaker as a whole, please take this for what it is worth.

In the subject turf race yesterday, four different NY based trainers ran their turf fillies, repeatedly, on the inner track at Aqueduct without success. In fifteen collective starts, for these four fillies, NOT ONE of them hit the board. The best finish was a fourth beaten 14 lengths with the average finish much worse.

This is not an indictment against Kimmel, Rice or any other trainer, as the owners call many of the shots anyway. But make no mistake, you can be honest with your owner without putting your day rate at risk. BBB