PDA

View Full Version : So...

Southieboy
08-26-2007, 10:51 PM
What are we going to do next?

nvemil
08-27-2007, 12:26 AM
What are we going to do next?

How about a buycott in WEG's backyard ??

Northlands or Assiniboia......handles are about the same as ABQ ?

ceejay
08-27-2007, 08:05 AM
How about a buycott in WEG's backyard ??

Fort Erie?

Cangamble
08-27-2007, 11:03 AM
How about focusing on a Fort Erie Pick 3 or Win 4 pool. The Pick 3 pools are usually around 2-4k

DeanT
08-27-2007, 11:10 AM
How about focusing on a Fort Erie Pick 3 or Win 4 pool. The Pick 3 pools are usually around 2-4k

Interesting thought.

If somehow people can bet 60K into a pick 4 it would make some headlines, imo. Maybe Jennifer Morrison would pick that up?

It would show the WEG guys and some of the others who are watching that people can move betting markets at will.

FE is available on a lot of channels too, and have never been reticent to sell their signal to a shop (I believe).

Might be a good idea.

The one I thought was the ELP pick 4. Who cares who carries what, or what problems they have on that network. Geary is a good guy and a gambler who obviously wants to change things. He went thru a mine-field to get this bet approved. Popping that pick 4 over 100K or 150K on a Saturdayfor a meet record would be a good thing. It would not only be good for advancing the cause, it would also be good for us. 4% rake is not a bad thing for our bottom line if a bunch of us hit that sucker.

It would also show a place like WEG that when a track offers a low rake bet, they have to find a way to offer it too. $150K into a low rate pick 4 would dwarf what HPI players are playing there at 25% or whatever they are charging. It makes a good statement, imo, on many fronts.

Downside is no ELP pick 4 with PTC and some other channels.

Edit: The meet "record" on the ELP pick 4 is $87,000. I bet we can set the meet record there. I submit that anything we choose to play should set a "meet record". We already did that Saturday. Whatever we choose I think that would be a worthwhile goal for publicity. JMO!

DeanT
08-27-2007, 11:23 AM
....... just thinking more about that.

To advance the goal the ELP pick 4 has its press hounds. If a movement was started to bet that on a Saturday, Pricci might write about it and get the ball rolling as would the President of Equiform and Jeremy Plonk who writes for ESPN. We need our horseplayer friends in the press to advance the message. So it helps.

Perhaps this bet can break a quarter million with some planning. That would be huge and would have to make headlines, imo.

prospector
08-27-2007, 11:37 AM
"Downside is no ELP pick 4 with PTC and some other channels."

which is why i won't support ellis...
if ellis was "player friendly" why withhold their signal from PTC?
i think we should only support those who support us..no open signal, no support..just my little opinion...

BillW
08-27-2007, 11:42 AM
"Downside is no ELP pick 4 with PTC and some other channels."

which is why i won't support ellis...
if ellis was "player friendly" why withhold their signal from PTC?
i think we should only support those who support us..no open signal, no support..just my little opinion...

Tracknet controls the Ellis signal.

chickenhead
08-27-2007, 11:50 AM
2 cents: I think its most important that the track that is picked aligns with our goals...that it makes for a coherent story. I think thats more important even than having absolutely easily measurable handle increase.

So I think it should not be just a track that is open, but one that has been vocal about being open. The MTR director of racing has been vocal, with usable quotes regarding their stance on open ADW access, and the Louisiana horseman have been vocal about ADW openness.

I think those two make for much more compelling and understandable actions than Fort Erie, ASD, Yavapai, etc....

PS: I think we should have a private forum..if that is possible.

I would also like us to consider an ad in the DRF for next time...part of the reason the story should be extremely clear.

DeanT
08-27-2007, 12:00 PM
I still think for momentum you need to show some appreciable, measurable gain, tho.

Tracks with execs or racing sec's that have been good to the player (notwithstanding any affiliations with MEC/Tracknet etc):

Imo:

La Downs (available in a lot of places)
MNR (likewise)
Fort Erie (can bet that on link2bet for example, for a bit of whale betting)
Laurel (10% takeout)
Ellis (4% takeout)
KEE (low takeout)
ALB (as per last week)
Harness: Flamboro Downs (available everywhere like the others); Buffalo Raceway (their simulcast director last year offered out their signal to anyone who wants it for 1%)

That is the best list I can find of any track North America wide who seems to either want to give the player a chance thru low rakes, or offer out their signal to anyone who wants it.

Feel free to add ones that I have missed.

shanta
08-27-2007, 12:11 PM
2 cents: I think its most important that the track that is picked aligns with our goals...that it makes for a coherent story. I think thats more important even than having absolutely easily measurable handle increase.

So I think it should not be just a track that is open, but one that has been vocal about being open. The MTR director of racing has been vocal, with usable quotes regarding their stance on open ADW access, and the Louisiana

I would also like us to consider an ad in the DRF for next time...part of the reason the story should be extremely clear.

Agree 100% Chick.

Mountaineer to me is a no brainer based on their actions and willingness for ALL to be able to get their signal.

Shoot we could contact Mark P who does the show and see if he could give our "cause" a shout out. Hell they are the "good guys" man!

Mountaineer rocks.

Cangamble
08-27-2007, 12:19 PM
We could focus on the Mountaineer Pick 3's. There are only two a night. Not sure what the Monday/Tuesday pool size is though.

shanta
08-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Just got off the phone with Mark P. THIS man and THIS track are definitely our friends man.

Give me 24 hours or so and I will have more.
Richie :)

46zilzal
08-27-2007, 12:47 PM
Now if Mountaineer were only worth betting, it might help.

chickenhead
08-27-2007, 01:09 PM
nearly half a billion dollars in handle last year....they are obviously putting out a product that many people like....and irrefutable evidence that open ADW access is a successful model.

njcurveball
08-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Just got off the phone with Mark P. THIS man and THIS track are definitely our friends man.

:)

Sounds like a good target, you can even bet it in New Jersey! :ThmbUp:

Southieboy
08-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Are we meeting in the War Room?

Cangamble
08-27-2007, 04:39 PM
Now if Mountaineer were only worth betting, it might help.

I finally had a real good night at Mountaineer on Saturday night. Plus over 3k.

betovernetcapper
08-27-2007, 04:51 PM
couldn't happen to a nicer guy-hope you bet through Weg

Cangamble
08-27-2007, 04:58 PM
couldn't happen to a nicer guy-hope you bet through Weg
Why would I do that when I could win and get a rebate on top of it?

betovernetcapper
08-27-2007, 05:07 PM
:lol: :lol:

Kelso
08-28-2007, 01:18 AM
The one I thought was the ELP pick 4. Who cares who carries what, or what problems they have on that network. Geary is a good guy and a gambler who obviously wants to change things. He went thru a mine-field to get this bet approved. Popping that pick 4 over 100K or 150K on a Saturdayfor a meet record would be a good thing. It would not only be good for advancing the cause, it would also be good for us. 4% rake is not a bad thing for our bottom line if a bunch of us hit that sucker.

It would also show a place like WEG that when a track offers a low rake bet, they have to find a way to offer it too. $150K into a low rate pick 4 would dwarf what HPI players are playing there at 25% or whatever they are charging. It makes a good statement, imo, on many fronts.

Edit: The meet "record" on the ELP pick 4 is $87,000. I bet we can set the meet record there. I submit that anything we choose to play should set a "meet record". We already did that Saturday. Whatever we choose I think that would be a worthwhile goal for publicity. JMO!

This suggestion makes sense from too many perspectives to dismiss. When does the current meet end? I think we should definately support a Saturday P4 before then.

Southieboy
08-28-2007, 01:38 AM
They close on Monday

Blackiee
08-28-2007, 01:54 AM
I’m mainly a lurker on this board, but do like the idea of supporting the owner of Ellis Park and his 4% Pick 4. This is the last weekend for Ellis Park and I think it would fitting to say thank you by directing handle to this pool. Plus if you want to bring more people from other boards this will play well.

Cangamble
08-28-2007, 12:52 PM
I’m mainly a lurker on this board, but do like the idea of supporting the owner of Ellis Park and his 4% Pick 4. This is the last weekend for Ellis Park and I think it would fitting to say thank you by directing handle to this pool. Plus if you want to bring more people from other boards this will play well.
Canadians can only bet Ellis Park through WEG or a bookmaker. And at WEG they use a 25%+ rate. So it is a no go for me.
I say Mountaineer or Fort Erie.