PDA

View Full Version : Indian Flare dead

Ron
08-26-2007, 07:49 PM
Indian Flare Dies After Finishing Race
by Claire Novak
Date Posted: August 26, 2007
Last Updated: August 26, 2007

Indian Flare, trained by Bobby Frankel and owned by Juddmonte Farms, died after apparently fracturing her pelvis in the Aug. 26 running of the Ballerina Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course, according to track veterinarian Anthony Verderosa.

"She fractured her pelvis, probably at the break, and died of cardiovascular shock," Verderosa said. "It's not uncommon for a horse to run their race and come back like that."

Read the rest:
http://racing.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=40453

PaceAdvantage
08-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Just God-awful. I watched the race and I can't for the life of me see how a horse with a broken pelvis could run the way Indian Flare ran.....but it happens....how very sad....

The flight instinct overrules every other....they'll run til they drop when they're frightened and/or injured.

JustRalph
08-27-2007, 01:51 AM
how do they know she didn't break her pelvis when she collapsed?

classhandicapper
08-27-2007, 09:02 AM
Just God-awful. I watched the race and I can't for the life of me see how a horse with a broken pelvis could run the way Indian Flare ran.

I agree. I can't believe it. Very sad.

JustRalph
08-27-2007, 02:24 PM
Just God-awful. I watched the race and I can't for the life of me see how a horse with a broken pelvis could run the way Indian Flare ran.....but it happens....how very sad....

The flight instinct overrules every other....they'll run til they drop when they're frightened and/or injured.

I watched it several times last night.......if she broke her pelvis coming out of the gate............I am amazed. But, when she faded at the rail.......in the last few seconds of the tvg clip I watched......... you could see her gait was really weird in the rear. she basically started hopping with her rear legs.......you could tell something was wrong.