PDA

View Full Version : Global Conflagration

toetoe
08-26-2007, 01:10 PM
Calling Al Gore. Greece is burning up, or is it down ? Anyway, the Fox News lady said it's threatening the ancient parts of Olympus, a place of "unbelievable" history. :lol: Well, I agree I take history with a grain of NaCl, but ... This lady is the greatest. She's, well, an INCREDIBLE journalist. ;)

the_fat_man
08-26-2007, 01:55 PM
From the CNN article:

"Greek officials have arrested and charged two individuals in connection with the fires. One of the individuals is a 65-year-old man, who witnesses said they saw torching areas in the southern Peloponnese region near the town of Areopolis, located 190 km (120 miles) southwest of Athens.

The second person was a 77-year-old woman who reportedly started a fire while cooking in her garden in Zaharo, one of the hardest hit areas in the south.
Tsogas said authorities are deeming her behavior criminal neglect."

Seems like that got it all under control over there. :rolleyes:

46zilzal
08-26-2007, 01:58 PM
Fox News? why am I not surprised that the reporting was suspect?

bigmack
08-26-2007, 02:17 PM
The second person was a 77-year-old woman who reportedly started a fire while cooking in her garden in Zaharo, one of the hardest hit areas in the south.
Tsogas said authorities are deeming her behavior criminal neglect."
This is an outrage! These septuagenarian, outdoor cooking women are out of control. I say throw the book at her. Perhaps Homer's Illiad will do nicely to give her a fine how-do-you-do about cooking in the garden. Although I suspect her dishes always used the freshest of herbs.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/oldlady.jpg

ddog
08-26-2007, 03:09 PM
was there a drought in place?
a no burn order-request?

Tom
08-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Fox News? why am I not surprised that the reporting was suspect?

Specifically, what was suspect in the report?
EXACT suspected statements, please.
Or are you, once again, unable to deliver anything specific?

Hint - I did see it before you reply.

DJofSD
08-26-2007, 03:57 PM
Tom, I think the complaint is that Fox News is responsible for the story about Mrs. O'leary cow starting the Great Chicago Fire.

toetoe
08-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Can't she just grab something from the freezer and throw it into the microwave oven ? :confused: It's ALMOST Unamerican, is what it is. :mad: