PDA

View Full Version : 7TH SA

pic6vic
12-26-2002, 03:34 PM
#6 CASTLE GONDOLFO

This is one tough horse. They paid a bunch for him. Has been working great. Trainer puts them where they belong. I am not sure but from my reports he does not have any early speed. Might be dead last, but he is supposed to be a monster in the strecth. M/L 12-1. There is an abundance of speed so maybe he can get there. For those playing pick3's and pick 4's throw him in.

Good luck

pic6vic
12-26-2002, 03:54 PM
That's the 8th

anotherdave
12-26-2002, 04:43 PM
I'm sticking with Debonair Joe in the 8th. Nice improving horse.

AD

Amazin
12-26-2002, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the tip Dave.

cj
12-26-2002, 07:13 PM
Nice pick Dave!

What did he pay up north?

I'm currently scarfing down my boxer shorts, which I said I'd eat if he won again :( :( :(

CJ

CapperLou
12-26-2002, 07:13 PM
anotherdave:

Great pick Dave----$ 55.60 WINNER

How did you arrive at this longshot--help of software or just paper handicapping--just curious--it's not easy to pick horses at these prices--I rarely do---I'm one who gets them at under $10 and sometimes under $20.

Congratulations again--wish I had seen this earlier.

CapperLou

anotherdave
12-26-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
Nice pick Dave!

What did he pay up north?

I'm currently scarfing down my boxer shorts, which I said I'd eat if he won again :( :( :(

CJ

"Only" $45.90, but I'll take it!

Was a rough day til Joe.........Had Zayed in the 3rd - looked like he had it until the wire. Then Music's Storm in the 7th who just missed. But I was really waiting for Joe-he paid 46-1 up here last time (52-1 at Hol) and he had a tough trip last time. I owe Julie big time on that horse and she also got me a $73 winner (only 12-1 down there) last Thurs.

AD

anotherdave
12-26-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by CapperLou
anotherdave:

Great pick Dave----$ 55.60 WINNER

How did you arrive at this longshot--help of software or just paper handicapping--just curious--it's not easy to pick horses at these prices--I rarely do---I'm one who gets them at under $10 and sometimes under $20.

Congratulations again--wish I had seen this earlier.

CapperLou

I had Joe as my second choice last time he ran and cashed nice on him. This time I had him rated 1st.

I use HTRF with pars. But I don't use it as the be all and end all. I use it to do the computations, but make the final selections with old fashioned handicapping.

Joe is in great form - winning regularly - times very competitive, and the last trip was harder than it looked and he still won. I thought this field looked even more his style than the last time.

But I was wrong on the first 7 races, so who knew?

AD

Tom
12-26-2002, 09:42 PM
Congrats on the win-nice price.
I think CJ will not be having a midnight snack tonight...he seemed to be getting full when I left the war room earlier LOL.

smf
12-27-2002, 12:58 AM
What a hit, a-Dave. Gritty run to the wire.

Congrats.