PDA

View Full Version : ALB Analysis

speedking
08-25-2007, 10:23 AM
This is posted in the selections thread, but I'm adding it here for maximum exposure. Good luck today!

ALB Saturday
1st...Giving the edge to the 4 despite long layoff (LO) and trainers 0/3 record with these types. Has the best early speed and figs to blow this field away if close to the filly she was last season. Trainer is 1/1 at meet and same rider was aboard winner. Jock is 4/13 at meet. 1st time in clm and trainers wife owns a piece. Hope speed is holding... #3 ships in off a sharp 5F work for seasonal debut. Only other filly whom never raced in a clm. Went off 3/5 as FTS last year and won handily. Hard to tell how good this one is, but it's not a positive to see her come right back in a clm. Could be the connections are simply realistic after weak fig in win and ensuing problems.

4-3-5-1

2nd...QH race images/UBGX/E19.gif...I don't profess to know anything about these events, but I'll point out a couple things. 9 and 10 are the only males (geldings) racing against gals. Most of the field is a bunch of confirmed losers so the FTS may be worth a look. I like the fact that the 10 worked 660yds as a final prep to hopefully build stamina after being worked for speed. This race is only 400yds. Trainer is 0/5 with FTS so that's a downer. The 9 ships back in and may prefer this distance. #4 is a filly FTS with what appear to be nice works.

10-9-4

3rd...QH race...9 may have a class edge while trainer of the 7 is 2/8 with long LO types. Big ROI. Broke mdn here as a FTS against weaker, but that was nearly 2 years ago.

9-7-?????

4th...QH race...#5 makes 3rd start off a LO and it may be now or never. Used to longer distance and may be able to finish today. Weak trainer does not inspire confidence...#6 held well in 1st start at a longer distance, but had the rail that day. #2 may have been a private purchase for owner/trainer Stroud. Been running similar distances and may improve for the new connections.

5-6-2 :lol:

5th...TB"S:jump:...#2 Grand Prairie has been away for nearly 3 years for owner/trainer Pat Foss. Hard to refer to this stat after so long, but Foss is 2/2 with 2nd time starters with a huge ROI and he is 4/9 with all starters over the last 18 months. Only shows a series of short works, but Foss probably has this one ready. Good enough??? #4 drops from MSW company in 3rd start of year. Should show improvement. Working long and steady. Good sign...#5 makes 2nd start of season with back figs to bury this bunch - if he can ever run back to them...#6 ran a big fig off the shelf and drops today. Never put good numbers back to back before and already failed at similar levels at short prices. Not for me...

2-4-5

6th...#6 High Wired Acrobat seems to tower over this bunch at a short price...

6 - 5/3/7

7th...Want to go against the chalk here, probably the 3, but she is the only one with a win at 7F and is 3/5 at ALB. Very strong Trn/Jck combo and an easy win against many of these while earning a top fig make her hard to go against...The 4 will once again be the horse to catch as they turn for home, but faltered late in last against the 3 and can't see her turning the table, although the bias was against her in last. 7F may hurt her chances...#1 is a bit interesting. May be rounding to form and could sit a good trip here...

3-4-1

8th...In a field of NW/2 LT, where some have lost up to 45 times already...the 1, Dr. Sam's Miller has only lost 5 times. That is a definite positive here. Has the rail and a clear speed advantage. May not get the distance, but at 15/1 ML let's find out. In front as far as he goes. Trainer is 18% with a small sample (2/11) stretching out...I think the 8 is the horse to beat here, but the post is a killer with a horse like this...#2 comes back fast off the ship-in for new trainer Brown, who is 1/1 racing back in 7 days or less. Has the back figs at similar dist. to whip this bunch and should sit a good trip all the way. May be first to pounce if the 1 falters and just open up on the field...

1-2-8

9th...QH race...I can't even guess at this one:bang:

10th...PA Downs Race:jump:...#3 Desert Ranger makes 2nd start for a hot trainer and switches to his main rider Tohill ( 4/8 as a team at ALB with $3.25 ROI). Has top figs and drops in against nw3 LT. Very significant drop! Missed by a head at this level 3 back at same 7F distance. Strong play! Main contenders appear to be 5-7-8, all of whom have won at this sometimes tricky distance.

3 - 5/7/8

Best of luck and have a good time!

betovernetcapper
08-25-2007, 11:55 AM
Not only a well thought out game plan but an articulate game plan-forget about the buycott-we may actually win a little money here :jump:

betovernetcapper
08-25-2007, 05:11 PM
race 4- :jump: