PDA

View Full Version : Speed Handicapper 5.0

Bonez2k6
08-24-2007, 07:39 PM
Anyone use Speed Handicapper 5.0? Any thoughts or personal reviews?

Thanks

Bonez

Bonez2k6
08-25-2007, 07:12 PM
guess not ty tho... :)

Bonez

kitts
08-26-2007, 01:40 PM
Cynthia Publishing developed a product in the early 90s called Speed Handicapper that was an excellent program (especially the $99 intro price) that did a great job with par tables and track models. If it works for you, I would suggest upgrading to their major product All-In-One V6.

jfdinneen
08-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Bonez,

I assume you are referring to Charles Carroll's Speed Handicapper (based on the concepts outlined in his book, Handicapping Speed). It is an excellent resource for comparing shippers from Europe to local contenders so I always use it as part of my analysis for major Group 1 races and the annual Breeders Cup festival.

Also, I strongly encourage you to buy the book and would especially recommend chapter five, The Mechanics of Time.

Best wishes,

John

BETKING
09-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Bonez2k6 did you buy the software? If so how do you like it. I have read the promos and it loooks good.

jandrus
09-10-2007, 08:04 AM
have the program, if you are good at picking pacelines, then it will do good picking contenders. i just upgraded to ver.5 first day of play got 12+ tri.

BETKING
09-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Good to hear that you are doing well with the program. I bought it yesterday and Played LA Last night. I hit 3 out of 4 streight up ! If you haven't tried Quarter horses yet you are missing a good thing.

socantra
09-10-2007, 01:52 PM
Cynthia Publishing developed a product in the early 90s called Speed Handicapper that was an excellent program (especially the $99 intro price) that did a great job with par tables and track models. If it works for you, I would suggest upgrading to their major product All-In-One V6.

Not sure Kitts, but believe you may be thinking of Fast Capper, which at $100 is still the entry level program at Cynthia. I've heard good reports on it, and that it is the only one where manual entry is actually practical, for those who do not wish to buy into HDW.

Carrol's Speed Handicapper gives you several data choices, but I'm not sure that manual entry is an option, or HDW for that matter.

loopeepop
09-11-2007, 08:10 PM
I bought this program but I am having trouble exporting the data I down loaded from D.F.R to the program can anyone give me some advice ?

BETKING
09-11-2007, 08:32 PM
The full instructions are in the manual.