PDA

View Full Version : Lots of short prices tomorrow at ALB?

NoCal Boy
08-24-2007, 12:03 PM
With all these seasoned handicappers from PA playing into the small regular pools, one would think the prices will be very low tomorrow.

prospector
08-24-2007, 12:06 PM
nice to have a rebate...however i believe most of us would bet no matter what prices we get..

chickenhead
08-24-2007, 12:20 PM
a bunch of new money at a track they don't know much about...if the locals have any skills I'd say they should have a good day feasting off the whales ;)

DanG
08-24-2007, 12:21 PM
With all these seasoned handicappers from PA playing into the small regular pools, one would think the prices will be very low tomorrow.
Obviously no one will refuse any profits and most of us would be competitive racing shopping carts, but the real goal is churn…churn…churn those dollars. :cool:

DeanT
08-24-2007, 12:40 PM
What time is post time (ET)?

Tom
08-24-2007, 12:56 PM
3:30?

bigmack
08-24-2007, 01:13 PM
Sat Entries:
http://www.abqdowns.com/meet-entries?pgpnt=14483&day=2007-08-25

betovernetcapper
08-24-2007, 01:17 PM
Given the number of different handicapping styles, there are prob' some profits to be had, but as the Byrds sang in the 1960s & DanG posted today it's churn chrun chrun :)

DeanT
08-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Good, 3:30 will work out fine for my sked tomorrow.

And if you guys want some quarterhorse tips, I am your man. I was half drunk on about 10 Miller Genuine Draft last time in vegas. I walked by the racebook and saw a quarterhorse at some track who was looking good in the PP. I bet $20. Lo and behold he won. Paid a juicy $3.20.

Since that was the only quarterhorse race I have bet in my life, I am undefeated and the undisputed king of quarterhorse handicapping. :D

Premier Turf Club
08-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Good, 3:30 will work out fine for my sked tomorrow.

And if you guys want some quarterhorse tips, I am your man. I was half drunk on about 10 Miller Genuine Draft last time in vegas. I walked by the racebook and saw a quarterhorse at some track who was looking good in the PP. I bet $20. Lo and behold he won. Paid a juicy $3.20.

Since that was the only quarterhorse race I have bet in my life, I am undefeated and the undisputed king of quarterhorse handicapping. :D

I will profess to knowing zero, zilch, nada about the quarters. I will take any help I can get. :)

DanG
08-24-2007, 01:57 PM

You’re in Toronto Dean…

You can’t get drunk on American beer! :D

GaryG
08-24-2007, 02:03 PM
a bunch of new money at a track they don't know much about...if the locals have any skills I'd say they should have a good day feasting off the whales ;)I am more of a manatee than a whale but I will be in it all day.

ryesteve
08-24-2007, 02:08 PM
I will profess to knowing zero, zilch, nada about the quarters. I will take any help I can get. :)
I think most of us would say the same. I don't mean to knock concept of what's going on tomorrow, but why was Albuquerque decided to be the "target"? Aren't there similar small pool tracks that are t-bred only?

prospector
08-24-2007, 03:05 PM
My opinion is that ALB is a perfect track to try this, it is just big enough for the media to take notice and is just small enough of pool sizes to make a diff. The only problem is that there are many ADW's that do not contract with them.
bummer for them...lost revenue
maybe they should be more friendly

Kelso
08-24-2007, 11:31 PM
I think most of us would say the same. I don't mean to knock concept of what's going on tomorrow, but why was Albuquerque decided to be the "target"? Aren't there similar small pool tracks that are t-bred only?

There are several good reasons, but I particularly like that this effort will help a track, the Racing Secretary of which is a PA member who bothered to solicit our thoughts on how he might write better races. I think that's an example of attention to customers that should be rewarded and emulated.

ryesteve
08-25-2007, 01:32 AM
the Racing Secretary of which is a PA member who bothered to solicit our thoughts on how he might write better races.
Ah... I didn't realize that. Makes sense now...