PDA

View Full Version : I dont get this Procott thing.

Light
08-24-2007, 10:33 AM
I have accounts with Magma and TVG. How does my betting Alb. through those services hurt them or send them a message? Wouldn't abstinence from their services,rather than using their services send a better message?

DJofSD
08-24-2007, 10:47 AM
If handle is increased to a significant degree, then we'll know this movement has some "force" behind it. Look at it as a way to find out if people are putting their money where their mouth is. ALB has a smaller handle and should be easier to see if the effort does impact the pools. If there is a statistically significant increase in handle, I think this movement can take credit for it and issue a press release about it.

We're just getting started. Let's see what happens from this first effort before we jump to any conclusions.

Since I'm in CA, I won't be able to participate in a material manner -- I don't have an ADW account.

Good luck -- I hope every one makes some money from the adventure.

chickenhead
08-24-2007, 11:44 AM
If you consider the petition as part 1 of an introduction as to who we are, consider this as part 2 of that same introduction.

We are not just names on a page, we are horseplayers who love this sport and everday pump millions of dollars into the racing coffers to help support it. This procott is vitally important to that end.

Light
08-24-2007, 11:52 AM
I went to another forum that talked about the Procott and I think I understand it better now. Its basically a show of force. One poster there did mention that ALB was not the greatest pick because the NM Governor is on record as being against home wagering. It is probably why their video signal is scarce to non existant.

chickenhead
08-24-2007, 11:52 AM
Since I'm in CA, I won't be able to participate in a material manner -- I don't have an ADW account.

That can be remedied with a few mouse clicks....

NoCal Boy
08-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Hopefully next week it can move to a mid-tier track like Louisiana Downs. The LA horsemen are sympathetic to open access.

betovernetcapper
08-24-2007, 12:00 PM
I think there may be some mention of it on this site

http://boycotttracknet.com/

DJofSD
08-24-2007, 08:05 PM
That can be remedied with a few mouse clicks....

chickenhead, I know you are correct but I refuse to have to open mutliple accounts to be able to play all the different circuits. dj don't play that game.

Maybe I'm being too idealistic here but I want to be able to choose an ADW provider regardless of the menu of tracks they offer. OK -- you can call me stupid, too, if you want.

Indulto
08-24-2007, 08:35 PM
... I refuse to have to open mutliple accounts to be able to play all the different circuits. dj don't play that game.

Maybe I'm being too idealistic here but I want to be able to choose an ADW provider regardless of the menu of tracks they offer. ...I second that emotion.

Steve 'StatMan'
08-24-2007, 09:23 PM
I'll third it. I didn't like it when TVG tried to do it (come through us or forget it.) Didn't like it at all when Magna dropped their portion of YouBet for their new Xpress Bet, kept their signals own signals proprietary but offered many other feature tracks trying to become more of a 'One Stop' place while blocking out others. Not happy now about Tracknet doing that with BRISnet/AmericaTab after TVG made the pre-Tracknet BRISNet/AmericaTab suffer from content witholding, as well as Tracknet forcing others to choose - take KY Derby & TVG content of theirs, and perhaps not get their content when the TVG contracts are over. (Some dropped the content, and later still didn't get the TrackNet tracks.)

Procott betting, great idea, hope it goes great. Not really wanting to open another account, no matter how nice it might be, right now. If I checked with BRISbet about why my paperwork didn't make it, I'd be back to two functioning accounts, and the only one of the 2 offering ALB. Unfortunately AP, who decide the IL Simulcast Signals, aren't offering ALB. I'll likely wait until I get a track that matches my available menus.

Darn intersting concept, the Procott. Kind of like a bunch of out-of-towners having a handicapping-betting-contest into the ALB and other pools.

chickenhead
08-25-2007, 01:10 AM
you can call me stupid, too, if you want.

I don't think I've called anyone here stupid in a long time...and I certainly wouldn't call you anything of the sort.

No one wants to have to have multiple accounts, I think we're all obviously in agreement there.

BigJake
08-25-2007, 08:17 AM
Unless I've completely missed the pitch, that's what this procott is all about. I am not going to make fun or heckle anyone that doesn't jump on board, but sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do to get something you want. I want to have just one account too. The only way to get that is to join together. I agree that we should support tracks in areas that are sympathetic to our cause. I also think it would be a good idea to boycott as well as procott. The problem with that is that a lot of people have already quit playing CD and MEC tracks.

Big Jake