PDA

View Full Version : Saturday at Albuquerque

nomad
08-24-2007, 01:15 AM
I don't post here often but I'm sure you all received the same the e-mail as I did about playing Alb on Sat. I think this is important & we all should do it.
I mostly play Cal tracks & a bit of the NY tracks & isolated stakes, but I live in NM and have been to Alb, though it's a been a while. For what it's worth:

1) Always play Cal shippers, no matter how bad they look.
2) Ruidoso is the cream of our circuit. Horses that have run well there will run well in Alb.
3) Turf Paradise shippers also do well
4) Quarter horses-rely on time & horses that break well. Dash for Cash was an excellent sire so look for those in bloodlines. Used to be that outside posts did better, but I'm not so sure anymore. Ruidoso is the qtr horse capital of the world so look for those coming from there.
5) Alb has a long stretch

I hope everybody will play a race or two in support of us horseplayers!

Thanks
Nomad

Tom
08-24-2007, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the info, nomad....much appreciated.:ThmbUp:

nobeyerspls
08-24-2007, 10:11 AM
I don't post here often but I'm sure you all received the same the e-mail as I did about playing Alb on Sat. I think this is important & we all should do it.
I mostly play Cal tracks & a bit of the NY tracks & isolated stakes, but I live in NM and have been to Alb, though it's a been a while. For what it's worth:

1) Always play Cal shippers, no matter how bad they look.
2) Ruidoso is the cream of our circuit. Horses that have run well there will run well in Alb.
3) Turf Paradise shippers also do well
4) Quarter horses-rely on time & horses that break well. Dash for Cash was an excellent sire so look for those in bloodlines. Used to be that outside posts did better, but I'm not so sure anymore. Ruidoso is the qtr horse capital of the world so look for those coming from there.
5) Alb has a long stretch

I hope everybody will play a race or two in support of us horseplayers!

Thanks
Nomad

Hiya Nomad
I was away after the other forum shut down. Some others from that "psycho place" post here but in a more civilized manner.
Quite a few figure handicappers on here but none use the beyers. They make their own or buy them from someone else.
I got that outside horse advice from someone else who plays quarterhorses. I told him not to bet the closer (only kidding).
Nice to see you in a cyber sense way. Keep posting.

BETKING
08-24-2007, 11:09 AM
Count me in. I will play a couple.

Storm Cadet
08-24-2007, 11:38 AM
As I posted in another thread, NYRA One does not take bets on ALB, nor does my Suff OTB place :mad:

Citation33
08-24-2007, 12:19 PM
I agree with the whole plan. If you can play ALB,then by all means do it.

chickenhead
08-24-2007, 12:24 PM
it takes 5 minutes to open an account that will let you bet ALB. Its for a good cause.

stuball
08-24-2007, 12:33 PM
I will be betting ALB sat also

Stuball :ThmbUp:

lsosa54
08-24-2007, 01:55 PM
it takes 5 minutes to open an account that will let you bet ALB. Its for a good cause.

Unfortuantely, I think there's only one option in NJ and they don't take the ALB card.

Zman179
08-24-2007, 07:43 PM
NYCOTB forgot to make the left turn there.

toetoe
08-24-2007, 07:48 PM
I'll be quirky ... I mean PLAYING, if I'm able. :ThmbUp:

nomad
08-25-2007, 02:52 AM
I can't bet Alb from here because I live here,I guess but I'm gonna get my boyfriend to bet it for me.

nomad
08-25-2007, 03:04 AM
Yes it's me. I haven't frequented the forums since drf shut down. I've been posting picks on http://***************.com/horseboards/yabb/YaBB.

Some of the old pypc people are there.

I went to the Spa & met Devsfan for the first time, very nice guy, and old pal Duncan Patch.

Been busy, but playing the Cal tracks on a regular basis. I better get some sleep now so I can cap both Dmr & Alb tomorrow. The Alb card looks a little better than today's, not so many qtr horses.
Be well
Nomad

BIG RED
08-25-2007, 10:31 AM
nomad has proven to be a fine handicapper since the time she has joined

Sprorts-Talkers (http://www.***************.com/horseboards/yabb/YaBB.pl)

northerndancer
08-28-2007, 12:17 AM
I thought the buycott was a great idea and I did participate as I played all 10 races. I have a nice loss to show for the effort but hopefully made a difference in the battle to win the war.

I would suggest a similar boycott each Saturday. I would also recommend that in the future the track chosen to be the benefactor of the boycott be vetted out prior to selection. A few items to consider:

1. Players having access to the track signal selected;
2. Average daily handle should be reviewed to determine what type of increase in handle would be necessary to make a difference;
3. The track selected should need the increase in handle (no slot revenue tracks unless one finally wakes up and reduces the takeout to a minimal amount);
4. The track should run all thoroughbred races since this site is deveoted to that particular breed;
5. The track selected should be an independent track that is not part of a conglomerate (i.e. Suffolk Downs, River Downs, Beulah Park);

boomman
08-28-2007, 12:25 AM
As I mentioned before, since I'm the track announcer at Yavapai Downs and have worked there since its inception, I am more than a little biased. But it does meet the criteria mentioned for a "buycott or procott" (Whatever word we're using these days) and I would highly encourage you to make it this week's track since it will be our closing weekend. I will be happy to provide any numbers on the track you need as well as the sheet I handicap for the public each weekend if that would help..........

Look to hear from organizers soon::)

Boomer