PDA

View Full Version : The TVG drinking game

jhilden
08-23-2007, 09:57 PM
If I cannot make it to the track or OTB and I want watch a race from home , I like to see them on tv. Internet feeds are nice, but too grainy and the colors are off. Too many times I got excited when I saw the #8 win to find out it was the #2. So TVG is my only choice right now but after a few years, I cannot take the talking heads. So to get through the day and night with TVG, I started a drinking game.

Add the the list!!!

Here’s some to get started

-Take a shot every time Matt Carothers says “Early Speed”. Guaranteed to get you drunk by the 4th race.

-Take a shot whenever a host’s pick 4 or 6 ticket loses. Will get you drunk by 2 PM

-Take a shot when a race is tape delayed. Will get a good buzz

-Take a shot whenever Bob B’s voice changes tone. Will keep you sober

-Take a shot when the hosts actually say something useful. You’ll be dry as a bone

JimG
08-23-2007, 10:06 PM
I'll add two Simonism's

Take a shot every time Simon Bray says "sure", when responding to a colleague.

Take a shot every time Simon Bray tells you why a horse won after the race...take 2 shots if he failed to mention the info prior to the race.

FWIW, I'm not a TVG basher, I listen to it a lot and mostly enjoy it. I do realize that probably puts me in the minority on this board.

I still get a rush everytime I turn on the TV at home and can view a dedicated horse racing channel and bet at home via the internet. Never thought I would see that day.

Jim

Tom
08-23-2007, 10:11 PM
:lol::lol::lol: *Hic*

JustRalph
08-23-2007, 11:16 PM
I just got TVG back. I haven't had it for a while. Except for Foxsports every once in a while.

I was floored by how much nicer the graphics and production values are, compared to HRTV which I have been watching for a couple of years now.

richrosa
08-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Maybe we should start a new section about TVG rants since this is like the 46,587 post on the topic. :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

No matter how bad you think it is, you will most certainly miss it when its gone. TVG will be the final experiment of an all-horse racing cable channel.

Mike at A+
08-24-2007, 11:09 AM
My complaint about TVG is that I can get it on TV but I can't open an account because I'm located in PA.

levinmpa
08-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Why would you want to open a TVG account and pay fees when you can have a free account in PA? Also, you can't play all tracks on TVG. I have a Philly Park Phonebet account, and don't pay them a nickel to maintain my account, place a wager, or watch Phonebet TV online. I can play just about every track in the country online or by phone. I would assume it's the same for Penn National Ebetusa accounts, and The Meadows Telebet accounts.

RaceBookJoe
08-24-2007, 01:25 PM
I would like to add to this game a nice big shot of sambuca (black or clear) any time they mention the ken rudolph/giacomo connection. Even though the tvg talking heads get a beating here, i would much rather watch them then not be able to watch horse racing at all. I usually end up watching whatever I can catch on the computer though. At least those guys at tvg seem to have fun. Sometimes I actually get a laugh or 2.

Mike at A+
08-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Why would you want to open a TVG account and pay fees when you can have a free account in PA? Also, you can't play all tracks on TVG. I have a Philly Park Phonebet account, and don't pay them a nickel to maintain my account, place a wager, or watch Phonebet TV online. I can play just about every track in the country online or by phone. I would assume it's the same for Penn National Ebetusa accounts, and The Meadows Telebet accounts.
Actually I do have a Penn National Telebet/EBetUSA account but haven't used in in several years since opening my BrisBet account. What bothered me about the Penn/Ebet account was that it couldn't be linked to a checking account and I would either have to mail a check or drive to "The Downs" or the track itself to make a deposit. If that has changed and a checking account link is now possible, perhaps I will reinvestigate. Has it?

jhilden
08-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Levinmpa - I have phonebet, but cannot get the channel as it is not offered by DirecTV. I only watch TVG for the races and bet on phonebet. I did like the phonebet channel (I think it is exclusive to Com-shaft), nothing but music (even though they could use a better selection), racing and talking is almost nothing. Since I get a great deal on DTV, I'm stuck with TVG.

richrosa - I know there are many rants about TVG, I was trying to make humor out of the obvious and something with a different twist:rolleyes: .

Would I miss TVG, yes, as I mentioned, it is my only option at home to watch a clear image of a race. And since I watch NYRA tracks, I get what I need. Do I think they could improve; I should just turn down the volume:cool: