PDA

View Full Version : cj's free PP's Link ...

toetoe
08-23-2007, 03:03 PM
... has races 1,2,3,5,8,9,10 and 11 from Saratoga available for free. That's not counting the Todd Pletcher link, that's just 'Darley Owned Runners' and 'Street Cry,' both sublinks of the Darley link (superlink?).

Now, I'm not whining, I'm just in my RFK see-how-things-are-not-and-wonder-why-not mode. I'm wondering why these races, or rather these kinds of races are never used for the PA Downs contest. I'm not being flamboyant; I gave up on the contest long ago (easy to do with forgettable tracks and weird post times). I'm just throwing it out there.

the_fat_man
08-23-2007, 03:07 PM
To the best of my knowledge, races used in the contest need to be on tracks offered by Premier Turf Club (one of the sponsors).

I only played ONCE (the 2nd turf race at Colonial) for the reasons you gave.

toetoe
08-23-2007, 06:11 PM
Okay. I wasn't fishing for that, but I'm glad to know that. Am I the only one who didn't know ? :confused:

BillW
08-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Okay. I wasn't fishing for that, but I'm glad to know that. Am I the only one who didn't know ? :confused:

We took an informal poll. Actually there are 3 others that were unaware also. :p

toetoe
08-23-2007, 07:19 PM
That's what the cardinals did in 1979(?) --- they took a Pole.

Ron
08-23-2007, 10:13 PM
where is cjs free pps link?

Zaf
08-23-2007, 10:50 PM
http://www.pacefigures.com/freePPs.html

Nice seeing you at the Spa, Ron.

Z

midnight
08-23-2007, 10:52 PM
I don't see any link to any free race card on CJ's site.

cj's dad
08-23-2007, 11:01 PM
I don't see any link to any free race card on CJ's site.

That's because there is none.

toetoe
08-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Sorry for the poliguity. I think I said race-by-race, scattered PP's. :)

cj's dad
08-24-2007, 09:19 PM
Sorry for the poliguity. I think I said race-by-race, scattered PP's. :)

Speak english please

toetoe
08-24-2007, 09:30 PM
You shouldna went there. Everybody must learn for theirself how to right.

P.S. I fabricated "poliguity" ... I think.

Tom
08-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Grrrrrrrr.
I've been trying to look it up all afternoon!;)

falconridge
08-24-2007, 11:45 PM
Speak english please
Okay, let's handicap toetoe's poser together.

Perfectly clear, actually, when you consider the similar standard construction, ambiguity. If that's still unclear (understand, I'm not giving away the definition--not yet, anyway), think of ambidextrous, which means being equally skillful with both hands. From that we can easily deduce that ambiguity denotes having two--possibly opposite--meanings. Ergo, toetoe's coinage, which substitutes the morpheme poli-, a variant of poly- (as in polychrome, polygamy, polyglot, polygon, polymath, polyphony, etc.) for ambi-, would mean having many, diverse meanings.

That wasn't so hard, was it? The irony is that toetoe, by turns inventive and conciliatory, gets rebuffed for being unclear about his lack of clarity. :ThmbDown:

Full marks, Tom, for at least having the intellectual curiosity to look it up. :ThmbUp: :) I admit, I looked it up, too; it just looked so d@mned plausible!

Kelso
08-25-2007, 12:08 AM
toetoe's coinage, which substitutes the morpheme

Now CUT THAT OUT!! :confused:

bigmack
08-25-2007, 12:19 AM
Sorry for the poliguity. :)
It sat there like a a picture hung askew and I assumed its plausibility as well though couldn't help myself from playing gumshoe, sniffed around and drew a conclusion that he meant to type plaguily; (look it up), and chuckled at 2toes intended notion.

Lack of intellectual curiosity is what makes people real old -- real fast. Odd in a way anyone who plays this game and postures with a finality to their sphere of knowledge.

falconridge
08-25-2007, 12:53 AM
Lack of intellectual curiosity is what makes people real old -- real fast. Odd in a way anyone who plays this game and postures with a finality to their sphere of knowledge.
Hear, hear, Mack. I never would have thought of plaguily, because its adverbial shape would appear to disqualify it from consideration as anything toetoe might have intended; poliguity, though plucked from the kind of rarefied air breathed only by those who share toetoe's ardor for language, looks like an abstract noun.

Thanks, Mack, for getting me to look up plaguily.

plaŽ-gui-ly: adv. annoyingly, disagreeably

bigmack
08-25-2007, 01:30 AM
Thanks, Mack, for getting me to look up plaguily.

plaŽ-gui-ly: adv. annoyingly, disagreeably
Such a breath of fresh, your posts, falc.

In many cases the fear of not knowing something stymies the small effort of finding out something about the thing one knew nothing about - or something like that.

I trust you'll soon be back at your pedagoguery though ask if I might throw your hat into the ring to write the press release for the impending effort?

Tom
08-25-2007, 10:56 AM
Full marks, Tom, for at least having the intellectual curiosity to look it up. :ThmbUp: :) I admit, I looked it up, too; it just looked so d@mned plausible!

Hey, after all that work, I'm using it as word from now on.
It is the act of not having poly installed in California by the end of the year.

"How do you plead, Bay Meadows"
"Poliguity, your honor.":D

cj's dad
08-25-2007, 12:00 PM
Okay, let's handicap toetoe's poser together.

Perfectly clear, actually, when you consider the similar standard construction, ambiguity. If that's still unclear (understand, I'm not giving away the definition--not yet, anyway), think of ambidextrous, which means being equally skillful with both hands. From that we can easily deduce that ambiguity denotes having two--possibly opposite--meanings. Ergo, toetoe's coinage, which substitutes the morpheme poli-, a variant of poly- (as in polychrome, polygamy, polyglot, polygon, polymath, polyphony, etc.) for ambi-, would mean having many, diverse meanings.

That wasn't so hard, was it? The irony is that toetoe, by turns inventive and conciliatory, gets rebuffed for being unclear about his lack of clarity. :ThmbDown:

May I posit that you "hath much, dare I say, too much time on thy hands" :lol:

bigmack
08-25-2007, 01:07 PM
May I posit that you "hath much, dare I say, too much time on thy hands"
Or thouest has too little. It's just a dictionary, it won't bite ye.

toetoe
08-25-2007, 01:11 PM
I submit His Ridgeness is also a demagogue, thereby qualifying for status as a poligogue. :D (I found this word in the Spiegel's Catagogue.)

"Hanging like a picture," huh ? Very flattering. :blush:

bigmack
08-25-2007, 01:25 PM
"Hanging like a picture," huh ? Very flattering. :blush:
Nothing run of the mill mind you. Not like some velvet Elvis abomination. You know, something real classy:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/mona1.gif

toetoe
08-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Now, don't settle for less than two *n*s and a soft *s*. MOAN-NA LEEZA (as in Miss Gibbons :eek: ), with the slightest pause between *n*s.

That smile --- was she expecting Tom Hanks ? :D :eek:

Dan H
08-25-2007, 02:01 PM
$2.00 on Poliguity to win ... What track?

falconridge
08-25-2007, 03:09 PM
LEEZA (as in Miss Gibbons :eek: )It's all about the GAMS (see below). Not bad for a gal already on the far side of 50, eh? :jump: :jump:

http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070410/070410_leezaGibbons_vmed_8p.widec.jpg

toetoe
08-25-2007, 03:27 PM
I saw Fredricka this morning, and Senator, she's no Fredricka.

Addendum (or collophon, or palimpsest, er sump'm): sorry about the "demagogue" crack. I couldn't think of any other "-gogue" words.

Somewhat sincerely,
Bumponalogue

bigmack
08-25-2007, 03:30 PM
MOAN-NA LEEZA (as in Miss Gibbons :eek: ),
Years ago, when I had my SAG card, I attended the Oscars and bumped into Leeeeeza and felt compelled to tell her that I enjoyed her work on ET (cue music) :liar: & with all the talk of the legs of Mary Hart in my humble yet with Troy Donahue good looks opinion said I thought her legs made Mare's look pedestrian. The whole routine rendered a kiss on the cheek. Nice gal, stiff dancer.

As I recall it was the same night I ran into Bruce "The Boss" Springsteen and mentioned that I thought the nominated song for Philadelphia could have had a bit more pep & zing :lol:

toetoe
08-25-2007, 03:34 PM
Ah, stiff dancer. I have ... NO COMMENT. Yes, your eyes are not deceiving you. No comment. :jump:

falconridge
08-26-2007, 02:19 PM
His Ridgeness " ... Senator, she's no Fredricka."

Thanks for the high-tone appellation, toe, but whenever I'm leering at Fredricka--um, I mean, viewing the CNN updates on weekend mornings--it's His Ridgidness (Ridgidity?), if you please. :liar: ;) :blush:

[Best Rod Serling voice:] Submitted for your approval (and delectation!):
http://www.reportercaps.com/Home_Jan_07_30days/Day20/p25.jpg
Yes, yeronner, there's no denying that leggy Leeza--along with legions of others--lags leagues below Lady F.