PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Beat Orioles 30-3

Overlay
08-22-2007, 09:52 PM
Highest run total by one team in a game since 1897.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=270822201

DanG
08-22-2007, 11:22 PM
Highest run total by one team in a game since 1897.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=270822201
Free danish to all who bet the under! :jump: :jump: :jump:

rastajenk
08-22-2007, 11:30 PM
I heard that a Texas pitcher earned a save. :eek: Closed out a real nail-biter, he did.

Oh, OK, it was in the linked article, too, which I didn't read before posting. Wes Littleton, SV (1). :faint:

Valuist
08-22-2007, 11:54 PM
I heard that a Texas pitcher earned a save. :eek: Closed out a real nail-biter, he did.

Oh, OK, it was in the linked article, too, which I didn't read before posting. Wes Littleton, SV (1). :faint:

I was just going to post this. The fact that a pitcher got a save in a 27 run deficit game might be the dumbest thing I've seen in sports outside somebody named Vick.

I wish they'd do away with that stupid stat. Back before the giant contracts, if you had a star reliever, he'd come in at a key point to "save the game"; be it the 6th inning, the 7th, or whenever. And guys like Sutter, Gossage and Fingers often would pitch two, or even 3 innings to close out a game. But LaRussa started the whole "9th inning only" nonsense and everyone else followed suit. Can't anyone think for themselves?

OTM Al
08-23-2007, 09:30 AM
Its the rule so he gets it, case closed. However, if you want to question the validity of the save rule you are free to do so. Personally I think it is really stupid. The real save may have came in any other inning where the guy came in and stopped the other team. Runs in the 6th count as much as runs in the 9th last time I checked. Its a stat that could be done away with with little lost to the game, but the players would never support it as it inflates the salary of certain relievers. For that matter if you think about it the win rule is pretty silly and far more often rewards a pitcher who blew the lead and then gets bailed out by his hitters than does the save case you are presenting

Overlay
08-23-2007, 06:29 PM
I would have hated having to go out and play the second game of the doubleheader after getting beaten like that in the opener.

toetoe
08-23-2007, 08:18 PM
They were WAY( :eek: ) outta line going for the field goal right at the end.

BIG RED
08-25-2007, 09:02 AM
That was a TD, toetoe :jump: