PDA

View Full Version : Procott/Boycott Avatar

michiken
08-22-2007, 08:55 PM
For those of you horseplayers united in the cause, here is an avatar for you to fly!

Right click and save as to your hard drive and then change your avatar on your favorite forum.

chickenhead
08-22-2007, 08:58 PM
is there a reasonable explanation as to why TVG is not included in this? Whatever else tracknet may be wrong about, I do not disagree with them with regards to TVG exclusives.

michiken
08-22-2007, 09:05 PM
OK chickenhead, here is another one just for you.

chickenhead
08-22-2007, 09:06 PM
thank you Ken, that pleases me. :jump:

But it is a serious question.

BillW
08-22-2007, 09:40 PM
thank you Ken, that pleases me. :jump:

But it is a serious question.

CH,

TVG is less a villan because they never actually excluded any ADW, only charged them extra. CDI/Magna/tracknet and WEG actually have excluded ADW's (PTC, Youbet) and local venues. I can remember the good ole days when AmericaTAB carried all tracks. Tracknet put a halt to that.

NoCal Boy
08-22-2007, 09:41 PM
TVG is hardly blameless, but they do have legal contracts with tracks that provide for exclusivity. These were entered into well before this TrackNet mess, except for NJ which is only a one year exclusive. Fair Grounds and Calder go next for TVG and then NJ's contract for Meadowlands and Monmouth expires. The time is ticking on TVG and exclusivity, but they will not simply die away. The model has to be tweaked and hopefully California will lead the pack in getting it done in September so that there is open wagering access to all California tracks.

chickenhead
08-22-2007, 09:49 PM
My argument is actually more with the tracks themselves. I could care less about TVG, but I'm not terribly interested in supporting the tracks that signed those exclusive deals. I think that is essentially the antithesis of creating a competitive ADW market. It's a difference of degree but not kind to what the tracknet tracks are choosing to do.

statik27
08-22-2007, 09:57 PM
TVG is hardly blameless, but they do have legal contracts with tracks that provide for exclusivity. These were entered into well before this TrackNet mess, except for NJ which is only a one year exclusive. Fair Grounds and Calder go next for TVG and then NJ's contract for Meadowlands and Monmouth expires. The time is ticking on TVG and exclusivity, but they will not simply die away. The model has to be tweaked and hopefully California will lead the pack in getting it done in September so that there is open wagering access to all California tracks.

Yeah, I think that Exclusive contracts were a business model that automatically made TVG players in the early days of the Network and ADW and I think we will soon see changes in that regard. The thing with TVG is that with the channel being available in 50+ million homes, they simply aren't going to just die. People will still use their service, and yeah I might be one of them. For the most part I've switched all of my straight bets through a service that gives me a rebate, while my PK3's, 4's and 6's are run through TVG.

I also think that TVG is just far and away a better product and if they can get their act together and we see some consessions in regard to the track signal's and a better reward's program, they might be the giants of the ADW empire.

Lets also not forget that TVG has a pending lawsuit against Magna and HRTV for patent infringment, and if you look at the company profile you see that they own most of the patents for major processes involved in ADW.

Certainly they are part of the problem, but to me they are less hostile to the fans and players then the other villians in this affair. Just my opinion though.

statik

betovernetcapper
08-22-2007, 10:45 PM
Michiken-this is one great avatar ;)

Kelso
08-23-2007, 12:26 AM
I'm not terribly interested in supporting the tracks that signed those exclusive deals. I think that is essentially the antithesis of creating a competitive ADW market.

This suggests, to me, that the two-day Monmouth meet that will precede the two days of BC races might be a prime boycott target. I don't think an attempt to boycott the BC, itself, would get far ... but BC hoopla might make boycotting the prelude more visible to the press.

And, hopefully, it will make a very painful point that the jackasses at the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority will remember, should the assinine idea of extending the TVG exclusivity cross their bureaucratic minds.

Maji
08-23-2007, 12:34 AM
For those of you horseplayers united in the cause, here is an avatar for you to fly!

Right click and save as to your hard drive and then change your avatar on your favorite forum.

Thanks for the avatar.:jump:

trying2win
08-23-2007, 01:15 AM
MICHIKEN:

Thanks very much. I've made the change to the PROCOTT/BOYCOTT avatar. :jump:

michiken
08-24-2007, 06:25 AM
I may have posted this new avatar in the wrong thread so I am re-posting it here. This is free to anyone that wants to use it - right click and save as.