PDA

View Full Version : Indulto

chickenhead
08-22-2007, 04:13 PM
clean out yer mailbox son....

Indulto
08-22-2007, 04:27 PM
clean out yer mailbox son....Thanx dad, and anybody else who's been trying to reach me.;)

chickenhead
08-22-2007, 08:57 PM
ahem...again!

Indulto
08-22-2007, 09:56 PM
ahem...again!5 slots open now. Sheesh! You never call and then complain when I talk to someone else.:D

toetoe
08-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Indulto,

Your buddy Kfar Tov has been trying for EVER to reach you. But forget it now.

Indulto
08-24-2007, 09:17 AM
Indulto,

Your buddy Kfar Tov has been trying for EVER to reach you. But forget it now.tt,
Kfar's brother, Mazel, sent me this link:

http://www.ctba.com/06magazine/apr/RacingReflect.pdf

toetoe
08-24-2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks for that. Great stuff. :jump:

Now, our crack (-addled) research team have dug up evidence of another relative, going WAY back to prove genetic ... relation? Anyway, this horse is a standardbred named Jumpty Tov. He's a pacer, but he just can't stay on gait. :(

Indulto
08-24-2007, 03:47 PM
Thanks for that. Great stuff. :jump:

Now, our crack (-addled) research team have dug up evidence of another relative, going WAY back to prove genetic ... relation? Anyway, this horse is a standardbred named Jumpty Tov. He's a pacer, but he just can't stay on gait. :(What about that relative of yours, Toe Tov, whose name was anglicized at Ellis Island, ... I mean Park. ;)

toetoe
08-24-2007, 03:52 PM
But of course. I'm almost indulted that you thought I might miss it. Remember, Toetoe sees all, Toetoe knows all, and Toetoe forgets almost all. :cool:

And now I bid you all adieu, even that unpopular lurker, Jack Tov. ;)

Indulto
08-24-2007, 04:38 PM
But of course. I'm almost indulted that you thought I might miss it. Remember, Toetoe sees all, Toetoe knows all, and Toetoe forgets almost all. :cool:

And now I bid you all adieu, even that unpopular lurker, Jack Tov. ;):lol: :lol:
I too can barely remember his twin bother, Jerk, and their sisters, When and Warn, but I'll now visit their mother, Sign :sleeping:

falconridge
08-24-2007, 05:00 PM
Dear Kfar, Mazel, Jumpty, and Jack:

Enough with the kibbutzing, already!

Puh-LEEZE: follow the example of your brother Knocky.

Your loving dad,

--Blas
Flight Director (emeritus), N.A.S.A.

toetoe
08-24-2007, 06:34 PM
So sorry, falc, but you have reminded me of an OLD chestnut I used to crack. See, my plan was to breed Kfar Tov to a Nui Kanaka mare, thereby justifying a name such as Kanaka Tov.

The Judeocentric article reminded me that someone started production on a film about a Jewish linebacker. Working title ? Semite Tough. Strange, but as promising as it sounded, it never got off the ground. That's my information, but what do I know from football ? :shrug.

No mention was made of it, but I swear Indulto and Kfar Tov were owned by the formidable duo of Mesdames "Kanga" Roux and "Kanketridda" Millard. I KNOW they owned Veneke and Market Again.

Did you notice in the article that the "Jerry Fanning off" angle was alive and well even back then ? :D

Indulto
08-24-2007, 08:16 PM
tt,
When I googled "Kfar Tov" after seeing your first post in this thread, what should come up but a PA archive containing your original post to me here (shortly after I registered) mentioning that possible common ownership. When I first met/bet the gallant, gritty gelding, he was owned by a Mrs. Lasker. So, just for a giggle, I googled "Indulto Lasker" and found:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Greer

Turns out she was Jane Greer, a movie star from one of my favorite films, "Out of the Past." I always felt there had to be other cosmic connections with the stubborn one besides his left-coast relocation and leaving the game on his own terms.So sorry, falc, but you have reminded me of an OLD chestnut I used to crack. See, my plan was to breed Kfar Tov to a Nui Kanaka mare, thereby justifying a name such as Kanaka Tov.

The Judeocentric article reminded me that someone started production on a film about a Jewish linebacker. Working title ? Semite Tough. Strange, but as promising as it sounded, it never got off the ground. That's my information, but what do I know from football ? :shrug.

No mention was made of it, but I swear Indulto and Kfar Tov were owned by the formidable duo of Mesdames "Kanga" Roux and "Kanketridda" Millard. I KNOW they owned Veneke and Market Again.

Did you notice in the article that the "Jerry Fanning off" angle was alive and well even back then ? :DIt was rumored to have been financed by Art Schlicter. That alone would explain it. :D

I'm sure there's some hilarious way to tie Nui Kanaka to Gary Tanaka, but I'll leave that to you and the underestimated Mr. Ridge. ;)

falconridge
08-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Turns out she was Jane Greer, a movie star from one of my favorite films, "Out of the Past."
Loved Ms. Greer-Lasker in The Falcon's Alibi (1946), which came out just before Out of the Past (1947). Would've seen TFA during its theatrical run, but I was sick that day.

--F.R.
aka "Alibi Ike"

toetoe
08-24-2007, 08:43 PM
"Underestimated?" That's a compliment, I ... THINK.

Thank you for busting me on material stolen from ... MYSELF !!

As to the first time "Til-You-Try-One-Never" Nakatani/Canani Francis/Tanaka Sorenstam/Kanaka Meleon angle, play it when you see it. It's undefeated, and therefore bona fide.

Speaking of Morey A., how about a film of the untold story ... "When Buddy Made Sally?" :eek: :eek:

toetoe
08-24-2007, 09:11 PM
I also loved Miss Greer (so fetching she was called "The Human Lassie") in TFA. Better still was a documentary about her early days. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: for TNA.

falconridge
08-24-2007, 09:27 PM
I also loved Miss Greer (so fetching she was called "The Human Lassie") in TFA. Better still was a documentary about her early days. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: for TNA.
I also saw TNA, a real (tear-)jerker starring Jenna Jameson as the--ahem!--titular, much put-upon, aspiring thespian (or something like that). Only I gave it three thumbs up. :blush: :kiss:

bigmack
08-24-2007, 10:02 PM
:lol: Funny stuff 2toes. When you post with length and rif it's some nice stuff.

Falc - JJ is so '01 but the bit was clever as ever. Your inventiveness is enviable. Too bad you don't post more often.

toetoe
05-15-2009, 10:14 PM
How about some love for The Company She Keeps ?

toetoe
05-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Kanaka Meleon

This is SO 2007, but I finally figured out my own pun.
Karma Chameleon, thereby referring to "Boy" :rolleyes: George.

Indulto
05-16-2009, 02:07 AM
This is SO 2007, but I finally figured out my own pun.
Karma Chameleon, thereby referring to "Boy" :rolleyes: George.TwinTires,
Deja Vu to you too! May I assume this blast from the past was triggered by Fridge's birthday party? ;)

Actually, it was the timely demise of the TV series, "Life on Mars," whose bankrupt finale finally eased the pain of its broken premise, that refreshed the image of Dr. Blas Tov and that voodoo only you two do.

toetoe
05-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Cary Grant's character: "You remind me of a man."

Myrna Loy's character: "What man ?"

CG: "A man with the power."

ML: "What power ?"

CG: "The power of hoodoo."

ML: "Hoodoo ?"

CG: "You do."

ML: "Do what ?"

CG: "Remind me of a man." (Ad nauseam.)