PDA

View Full Version : Little League World Series

bigmack
08-21-2007, 09:08 PM
What a joy to watch these kids out playing. I was lucky enough to pitch a couple of no-hitters as a kid and felt like a million bucks doing so. It's great to see these kids having this level of talent. Has coaching become better or are the kids starting earlier?

I'll be rooting for the Midwest Div

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/8_21_07_18_06_53.jpg

Bubbles
08-21-2007, 09:49 PM
Did anyone catch the end of the Mass.-Ohio game today? 3-2, last of the 6th, and the Massachusetts CF robs the hitter of what would have been a game-winning home run. It was as good a catch as you'll see at that level of play.

Sheesh, the outfield fence was taller than the CF was...

bigmack
08-21-2007, 11:12 PM
Did anyone catch the end of the Mass.-Ohio game today?
Good stuff, good game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJX_Nk-czrM

skate
08-22-2007, 05:50 PM
yes sir, i can remember those days.:jump:

mostly, we played on any open field, never a coach. sometimes without a glove and usually "black tape the ball".

when things were organized, with a field and real bases, you just showed up, never ever do i recall any practice and it was for a very good time.

i recall one game when we lost Andy DiGenova, while chasing down a fly ball in deep center, bam, andy was gone.
seems he found a big hole and came out alright:eek: and with the ball.

GaryG
08-22-2007, 05:53 PM
I miss those days too....nothing like it. I love to see a kid with a Mike Piazza type swing. That was me. The coach used to get maid because I was swinging from the heels every time.

DanG
08-22-2007, 06:33 PM
What a joy to watch these kids out playing. I was lucky enough to pitch a couple of no-hitters as a kid and felt like a million bucks doing so. It's great to see these kids having this level of talent. Has coaching become better or are the kids starting earlier?

I'll be rooting for the Midwest Div

Agree 110% Mack; Love to watch people play for the pure joy of it.. :ThmbUp:

Great ages to coach too. I was lucky enough to coach my step-kids (boy & girl) and the attention to detail at that age (especially for the girls) was amazing.

On a side note; when you get apply for coaching certification in Hillsborough County part of the process is they show you a film called “Bleacher Creatures”

If you want to see parents showing their asses for an hour you have to watch this. We have all seen the jerk at his kids games who is yelling or worse and to see it all spliced together makes you wonder who the children are. PATHETIC!!! :mad:

PS: The way I understand it we are at a real disadvantage to the Japanese team for example most years. These are regional teams for us and they send their national all-star team. :rolleyes:

dutchboy
08-24-2007, 07:23 PM
If you get a chance to see it there is a video being shown of the Coon Rapids, MN kids spitting in their hands as they are lined up to shake the hands of the AZ team that just defeated them. Based on the smirks on their little faces they really think it must be funny.

This is the same fine group of young men that sent the first 17 batters to the plate in their previous game and they all struck out.

Tom
08-24-2007, 11:11 PM
Hey Mac,
I had a lot of no-hitters.

But I never pitched.:mad:

BIG RED
08-25-2007, 09:05 AM
I love watching these guys.
My local reps. (Walpole Ma.) played in one of the best games I ever watched. Such a great ending. They are out of it now, but I'll never forget that game.

bigmac, one pitch knocked us out of the finals to play for NewEngland.
I know, I was the pitcher :(

bigmack
08-26-2007, 06:31 PM
PS: The way I understand it we are at a real disadvantage to the Japanese team for example most years. These are regional teams for us and they send their national all-star team.
Even under those conditions Warner Robins Georgia bests Japan in extra I's to win 3-2 in a bottom of the inning HR. Well done, pint sized ones. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

DanG
08-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Even under those conditions Warner Robins Georgia bests Japan in extra I's to win 3-2 in a bottom of the inning HR. Well done, pint sized ones. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:
Just a GREAT game!!! :jump: :jump: :jump: