PDA

View Full Version : Attorneys famaliar with racing.

osophy_junkie
08-20-2007, 08:37 PM
I am looking for consul that has experience working with or knowledge of federal and state laws in regard to gambling on horse races. Any references appreciated. Fell free to contact me via PM if you need personal contact information.

Thanks,
- Ed

highnote
08-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Try Nelson Rose at gamblingandthelaw.com

rose@sprintmail.com

rrpic6
08-20-2007, 09:55 PM
I am looking for consul that has experience working with or knowledge of federal and state laws in regard to gambling on horse races. Any references appreciated. Fell free to contact me via PM if you need personal contact information.

Thanks,
- Ed

I had a lenghty battle with the IRS a few years ago. A local IRS Agent, a sports fan and a bettor, was very helpful, more so than any Attorney. The State Laws can be brutal if you are caught...which can happen if the IRS continues audits and red flags go up. Best to research as much as your own as possible, as some Lawyers will not be willing to go one on one with the IRS.
RR

ELA
08-20-2007, 11:59 PM
I deal with various aspects of taxation, tax planning, etc., daily in my professional life. That being said, I would need more details. For example, if this is an income tax planning situation (Federal and State), let's say proactive in nature, you may need a tax attorney who specializes in tax planning, entity selection, and related matters.

OTOH, if this is an income tax/taxation issue, audit, or something related, then you would need an attorney who specializes in tax controversial matters. If he/she specializes in that, they will have no problem contacting and dealing with the service. That's what they do -- it's all they do.

Shoot me a PM with the details and specifics and I'll point you in the right direction.
Eric