rebrick99
08-20-2007, 01:42 PM
Has anyone used A+ Thoroughbred HAndicapping Software? It is sold
through American Turf Monthly.

Mike at A+
08-21-2007, 07:12 PM
Has anyone used A+ Thoroughbred HAndicapping Software? It is sold
through American Turf Monthly.
You can also by it direct from us at http://www.aplusthorobred.com and save a few bucks. We currently sell it for $269 and recommend that you also buy the Tracker "add on" program for the RBR (Recommended Bet Report) feature. The package price is currently $369 (reduced from $399). As you may have guessed, I am the author of all A+ products.

Wickel
08-21-2007, 11:22 PM
Mike, I just received an A+ CD in the mail for a free trial offer. After reading the literature and loading the CD, I still don't know what it is. At first, I thought it was a promotion for a new ADW. So, can you tell me what A+ is? I notice several buttons for tracks. Are these comprised of handicapping analysis, speed ratings--what? And does the trial entitle me to use these reports free of charge for the trial period? I assume so, but the whole package is so confusing.

Topcat
08-22-2007, 03:06 AM
I haven't used it in years but... years ago I tested it against 9 pieces of other supposedly more sophisticated software and it was in the top 2 as far as ROI with top plays-as measured by top 1 and top 2 selections. Not profit blindly playing but much better then most.

If I wasn't happily using HSH I would probably take another look at A+ as they since have built in some decent modeling.

Mike at A+
08-22-2007, 09:23 AM
Mike, I just received an A+ CD in the mail for a free trial offer. After reading the literature and loading the CD, I still don't know what it is. At first, I thought it was a promotion for a new ADW. So, can you tell me what A+ is? I notice several buttons for tracks. Are these comprised of handicapping analysis, speed ratings--what? And does the trial entitle me to use these reports free of charge for the trial period? I assume so, but the whole package is so confusing.
The promo is for A+ Basic Edition, our newest product geared toward bettors who don't want to bother with complicated setups and configurations. The buttons correspond to race cards. When clicked, the program quickly downloads a compact data file from our website and runs the algorithm which produces a graded analysis report which people use as a guideline for betting. The program identifies possible overlays with 1-5 + signs (5 being a big overlay). The advantages of this program are simplicity, no vendor downloads necessary, no files remain on your hard drive unless you choose to save a displayed report and automatic updates for scratches every hour. The reports themseves contain the usual horse, jockey, trainer names along with program generated odds, morning line, value indicator and last 3 finishes. We use some statistics that aren't normally found in other programs such as a track variant that is sensitive to both distance and surface and "jockey for trainer" preformance which has been successful at picking some high priced winners in races with minimal information available.

And to answer your last question, yes, you are entitled to use the program for a month in accordance with this promotion for Pace Advantage members. After that month, you can "re up" by clicking the "Extend My Subscription" on the greet screen. That will take you to a web page with a pricing schedule for anywhere between 1 and 12 months starting at $39/month with graduated discounts for longer subscriptions.

To answer some other questions that people have emailed me with or called on the phone, the program seems to do best on straight bets on exotics such as exactas, trifectas and superfectas. Those who bet win, place and show report that betting the highest value (most + signs) in the top 3 or 4 selections has been most successful for them. And those who box, key and wheel exotics have told me that they have hit some very big superfectas but the layout for such bets aren't within everyone's budget. And finally, one guy who has been beta testing for me for years likes to use this program in tandem with A+ Thoroughbred 8.0 (our full blown product) and bets strictly on dime superfectas using combinations of horses from both programs. Basic seems to come up with more live longshots while 8.0 plugs along with a higher consistency of lower to mid priced winners. He's a very disciplined bettor (I praise him for that - I could never use the same scrutiny he does) and he reports that he has an ROI in excess of 100% on dime supers with the most success at the Ohio and Kentucky circuits.

PaceAdvantage
08-22-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm disappointed in myself for not catching this sooner. I was under the mistaken impression that you were giving away the software free and clear to a limited number of PA members....I didn't realize it was simply a 30 day free trial, although you did point this out in your original post, albeit in an obscure way (highlighted below in red):

Since the owners of this website would probably discourage any sales pitches here, between now and the end of August, 2007, I'll send the program on CD free of charge (no S&H either) to the first 25 people who email me at mike@aplusthorobred.com (mike@aplusthorobred.com) with "PA Basic" in the subject line and your snail mail address in the body of the email. I'll need your real name and a valid email address in order to burn the CD. What's in it for me? Hey, maybe you'll recommend it to someone who is not very computer savvy and would like a very simple handicapping program.

Once you start the program, you get a "greet screen" that lists days remaining on your subscription, some "general news" that everyone can see like recent results and an area where we can insert a personal message that only a specific user can see. You can see some info on the program and some screen shots at A+ Basic Edition. (http://www.aplusthorobred.com/APB39.htm)

I apologize to my loyal, paid advertisers that I mistakenly let this through. My bad.

john del riccio
08-22-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm disappointed in myself for not catching this sooner. I was under the mistaken impression that you were giving away the software free and clear to a limited number of PA members....I didn't realize it was simply a 30 day free trial, although you did point this out in your original post, albeit in an obscure way (highlighted below in red):

I apologize to my loyal, paid advertisers that I mistakenly let this through. My bad.

Now you need to provide to us the perverbial "mortal lock". I'll take a 9-2 shot to go please....

John;)

Good4Now
08-22-2007, 11:52 AM
PA, I applaud your willingness to step forward and stand "hat in hand" and apologize.

No wonder I keep coming around! This IS a GREAT FORUM.

Mike at A+
08-22-2007, 12:57 PM

Sorry if I did something I shouldn't have done. My apologies.

Good4Now
08-22-2007, 01:10 PM
How can I say it...

It is good to see those who have STEEL in their spine!

Vinnie
10-04-2007, 09:25 AM
I am not writing as a shill for this software or anything of the sort, but, if you are like me, and you work often and you find yourself limited in the area of time that is essential to handicap on most days, in conjunction with any other tools you may use to handicap the ponies this program is very well written and it allows you to look at virtually any track that is running in the U.S. on any given day. I am particularly fond of the odds line that the program generates when compared to the M/L.

All the BEST!

richrosa
10-04-2007, 10:13 AM
I'm a shill for my program.

Vinnie
10-04-2007, 01:35 PM
Rich, you are a very funny and very talented guy... Although I haven't had the pleasure of using Handicapping OS, I have heard and believe that it is a truly brilliant handicapping tool that you have created.

All the BEST!

richrosa
10-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Thank you for your kind words. You should try the demo.

I couldn't help myself to that one. The word "shill" just appealed to me as a promoter of what I do. I wanted to be associated with that word.

njcurveball
10-04-2007, 02:10 PM
I am not writing as a shill for this software or anything of the sort, but, if you are like me, and you work often and you find yourself limited in the area of time that is essential to handicap on most days, in conjunction with any other tools you may use to handicap the ponies this program is very well written and it allows you to look at virtually any track that is running in the U.S. on any given day. I am particularly fond of the odds line that the program generates when compared to the M/L.

All the BEST!

No apologies necessary Vinnie. This board is about sharing and many here believe that. You just have to ignore the ones who always post criticizing or looking for a pi$$ing contest.

Thanks for sharing your success!
Jim

RonTiller
10-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Rich,

From Dictionary.com, for "shill":
–noun
1. a person who poses as a customer in order to decoy others into participating, as at a gambling house, auction, confidence game, etc.
2. a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty.
Only definition 2 would work for you. You are obviously self-interested, personally profiting, your own best friend and loyal to yourself. Apparently, as a shill, you are NOT praising your program because it is a good, well designed handicapping program.

This from reference.com:
A shill is an associate of a person selling goods or services or a political group, who pretends no association to the seller/group and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer. The intention of the shill is, using crowd psychology, to encourage others unaware of the set-up to purchase said goods or services or support the political group's ideological claims. Shills are often employed by confidence artists and governments...'Shill' can also be used pejoratively to describe a critic who appears either all-too-eager to heap glowing praise upon mediocre offerings, or who acts as an apologist for glaring flaws. In this sense, they would be an implicit 'shill' for the industry at large, as their income is tied to its prosperity.
Are you certain you want to be known as a shill???

Ron Tiller
HDW

skate
10-04-2007, 03:01 PM
PA, I applaud your willingness to step forward and stand "hat in hand" and apologize.

No wonder I keep coming around! This IS a GREAT FORUM.

yeh sure, just get outta bed a little sooner.
i nearly lost my house.:D

richrosa
10-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Are you certain you want to be known as a shill???

Naw, probably not. I guess I just wanted to own up to the fact that when I post here, I certainly post with an opinion that favors my software. I guess if I owned a hot dog stand, I'd find a way to say that my hot dogs are the best.

Vinnie
10-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Hey Rich,

You are a "hot ticket". I really got a kick out of your post. You are an honest guy and that pretty much says it all. I wish you only the very Best with Handicapping OS and everything else as well. :)

russowen77
10-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Naw, probably not. I guess I just wanted to own up to the fact that when I post here, I certainly post with an opinion that favors my software. I guess if I owned a hot dog stand, I'd find a way to say that my hot dogs are the best.
Don't ever buy any stock dude. That is way to honest to be a horseman. ;)

richrosa
10-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Don't ever buy any stock dude. That is way to honest to be a horseman. ;)

I don't buy stocks, only funds. I don't have the stomach for what that entails. I would rather sweat pari-mutuel investments. However, my day job is a the president of a public-traded firm, so I am well aware of the honesty required when making corporate disclosures.

russowen77
10-07-2007, 06:07 PM
I don't buy stocks, only funds. I don't have the stomach for what that entails. I would rather sweat pari-mutuel investments. However, my day job is a the president of a public-traded firm, so I am well aware of the honesty required when making corporate disclosures.
I was being complimental. I don't know poop about stock market stuff or any of that. I was talking bloodstock. You might have a hard time beliving this but we have been known to , how should I say, exagerate slightly. :)

richrosa
10-07-2007, 06:51 PM
I was being complimental. I don't know poop about stock market stuff or any of that. I was talking bloodstock. You might have a hard time beliving this but we have been known to , how should I say, exagerate slightly. :)

Thanks. I totally understand. When I talk about HOS, I just tell people what it does. I never make any claims of making riches from the program, rather that you'll have, in my opinion, the most comprehensive, feature-rich, easiest to use and data-aware application out there. In that way I don't look like the others in the business who promise you big payoffs and huge profits.