PDA

View Full Version : 5 mins to the big race!

kyle2227
08-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Lava man all the way! I hope he wins:) He is truely a great horse.

kyle2227
08-19-2007, 07:58 PM
Looks like Student Council was ready to run.

JustRalph
08-19-2007, 08:48 PM
another east coast horse comes into Del Mar and pastes an ass whooping on them...................

freehouse2002
08-20-2007, 11:36 AM
another east coast horse comes into Del Mar and pastes an ass whooping on them...................
Yeah, like the polycrap had nothing to do with it.

freehouse2002

JustRalph
08-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Yeah, like the polycrap had nothing to do with it.

freehouse2002

I agree it does. But the lesson is the same. Yesterday the same thing happen on the turf...............? Can't blame poly for that.

I have not seen a California horse go east and do the same for a few years now. I think it is worth noting. Mike Willmans horse won on Sunshine Million day? I can't recall his name...........that one surprised me..............but generally speaking.........horses from the east have been taking some big money out of California the last few years.

Obviously some owners/trainers are wise to it. They bought this horse specifically to abscond with the Pacific Classic.............good for them.

njcurveball
08-20-2007, 02:25 PM
I have not seen a California horse go east and do the same for a few years now.

How bout Giacomo for a horse that comes to mind right away?

freehouse2002
08-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Oh, I agree on that. The horse you're talking about was McCann's Mojave. Before then, I think the last horses that did anything were Borrego and Taste Of Paradise. Aside from that, yes, East horses have been dominating of late. The funny thing is that certain horses are going off at reasonable prices, such as Rutherienne this past weekend.

California is seemingly on it's own island. Whenever big races come up nowadays, they don't fire like they used to. We'll see what happens this year, but I'm not really impressed with anyone out here in any division. Nashoba's Key will be overbet in the distaff and she has yet to run on conventional dirt. Greg's Gold is the only horse I'd play right now, but even he hasn't shown much when out of state. We have no classic horse, especially now that LM has lost a step. Again, we shall see what happens as the BC nears.

freehouse2002

toetoe
08-20-2007, 03:10 PM
How about a West Coast bias, letting SC go off at 23/1 ??

JustRalph
08-20-2007, 04:07 PM

I don't count Giacomo.................that race is as big anomaly as any in the last five years............. I wouldn't bet him back on the replay :lol:

But I accept your point............... I just don't think it is representative

ghostyapper
08-20-2007, 04:18 PM
I have not seen a California horse go east and do the same for a few years now.

Borrego in the jcgc 05

Tom
08-20-2007, 04:25 PM

That was a few years ago. like he said.

cj
08-20-2007, 04:35 PM
5 minutes until the race? The race itself almost took that long.

freehouse2002
08-20-2007, 05:08 PM
How about a West Coast bias, letting SC go off at 23/1 ??
Are you saying he should've been lower? There were others that looked better, plain and simple. I know this wasn't a great field, but there were others who figured more than SC, IMO.

freehouse2002

JustRalph
08-20-2007, 05:38 PM
Are you saying he should've been lower? There were others that looked better, plain and simple. I know this wasn't a great field, but there were others who figured more than SC, IMO.
freehouse2002

I am not so sure about that............. Equisim with no tweaking saw it this way. I tossed Sun boat because there was no way he was going to close like he did in his last race..............

toetoe
08-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Yes, I guess I'm saying he should be around 12/1, I guess ? Not probabilitywise, just public-betting-wise.

classhandicapper
08-20-2007, 08:06 PM
5 minutes until the race? The race itself almost took that long.

:lol:

Robert Fischer
08-20-2007, 09:42 PM
how dare the members of petition advantage address the drastic surface effect of the so called grade 1 pacific classic!

shame on you

NIATROSS
08-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Yes, I guess I'm saying he should be around 12/1, I guess ? Not probabilitywise, just public-betting-wise.

The public got what they deserve with Lava Man.He was going to get overbet because the race was in CA and he was probably the tip sheets best bet of the day.