PDA

View Full Version : Purse Value for Graded races from PP's

Vigors
08-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Is it possible to determine the actual money value from G-1's, G-2's or G-3
races from the PP's, e.g. in today's Pacific Classic, Awesome Gem has 5 of
his last 7 race's are either G-1,G-2,or G-3's. How can I put a dollar amount
on each of these past different G. race's ?

Tom
08-19-2007, 07:08 PM
You want the purse for each?

Vigors
08-19-2007, 07:47 PM
What I'm asking is, is there any way tell ( from the PP's ), e.g. a generic
Graded race ( be it G-1, G-2 or G-3 ) 6 months ago....racing today against a horse who has won a combined $250,000 in his last 3 race's ( his only race's
which were $50k, $75k,and $125k ). How does that stack up moneywise against any "G" race? Can there be a large dollar amount difference withinin G-1's ?
I'm sure there must be an easier way to ask this, but my tongue went in front of my "eye" tooth and I can't see a word I'm writing.

Tom
08-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Tremendous dollar range in Gr 1 races. No comparison money-wise.

dutchboy
08-19-2007, 08:49 PM
Go to www.bloodhorse.com (http://www.bloodhorse.com)Click the stakes calendar. You should see tabs at the top of the page. One of their pages will list the stake race and it's purse value for a 10 months period broken down by month. I believe they list all g1,2,3 and ngs stakes ran in the country.

Several NGS ran have a higher value than a G1. If this is not what you are looking for please disregard the reply.

Vigors
08-19-2007, 09:52 PM
I knew someone could understand my inept way at asking a question...
I tried Bloodhorse as you suggested, and they DO list all the G-1's 2's & 3's,
and they list EVERYTHING about the race except the Dollar Value of the race.
That really surprized me,as usually the race's seem to be listed & promoted as the (e.g.)" 1 million-dollar Added Gran Cannel Stake's "
I was looking for a way to compare $ dollar value of said purse vs. a Graded Stakes with only a DRF..if I was at the track or racebook. Apparently there isn't....I do thank Tom and you for your time and help.

douglasw32
08-19-2007, 10:25 PM
Will this do it for you...
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/racing/stakes-results.aspx

Capper Al
08-19-2007, 10:33 PM
What I'm asking is, is there any way tell ( from the PP's ), e.g. a generic
Graded race ( be it G-1, G-2 or G-3 ) 6 months ago....racing today against a horse who has won a combined $250,000 in his last 3 race's ( his only race's
which were $50k, $75k,and $125k ). How does that stack up moneywise against any "G" race? Can there be a large dollar amount difference withinin G-1's ?
I'm sure there must be an easier way to ask this, but my tongue went in front of my "eye" tooth and I can't see a word I'm writing.

Something about this is confusing. Things are always changing in the racing business. Don't they give the winner about 50% of the purse, the second horse about 25%, the third about 12%, fourth about 8%, and fifth about 5%? The confusing thing is that he shouldn't have gotten 100% of the purse with the figures mentioned above. For example, if the 250K is from a win the purse should be about 500K, 50% of 500k. Sometimes they will give 60% to the winner.

dutchboy
08-19-2007, 10:55 PM
http://calendar.bloodhorse.com/index.asp

Try the link shown above. The purse value is listed on a page link tab at the top of the web page you may be looking at. If the link above copies ok it will show the purse value of the race along with the race class. The purse money does not mean that much. There are a few races considered as NGS races that pay more than a G1. Woodbine has a million dollar race that is non graded. There are a lot more I could list if it was not late. Not sure if inflated purses for restricted ngs would affect what you plan to look at.

I knew someone could understand my inept way at asking a question...
That really surprized me,as usually the race's seem to be listed & promoted as the (e.g.)" 1 million-dollar Added Gran Cannel Stake's "
I was looking for a way to compare $ dollar value of said purse vs. a Graded Stakes with only a DRF..if I was at the track or racebook. Apparently there isn't....I do thank Tom and you for your time and help.

Vigors
08-19-2007, 11:17 PM
I was looking for a way to compare $ dollar value of said purse vs. a Graded Stakes with only a DRF..if I was at the track or racebook.

The above is from post # 6 ( I don't know how to "shade" comment )

An astute observation,Aspiteri....but in my case, I was trying only to
determine the value of any specific "G" race's $ value......not how much
money the horse took out of the race. Money won wasn't at the root
of my problem...
Again, another heartfelt thank-you to douglas32 and Good4now for added information.........and dutchboy, the calender is a help
but I couldn't go back to May...only ahead....maybe with a little sleep I'll
be able to figure it out...I'm sure it's there.

vegasone
08-20-2007, 12:22 AM
Purse value is listed in the past performances as well as in the charts results. It is in race conditions as well as in the purse field

socantra
08-20-2007, 10:37 AM
Is it possible to determine the actual money value from G-1's, G-2's or G-3 races from the PP's, ?

BRIS/TSN data files have the purse value for each running line. If you use their custom past performance generator, you can produce your own pp with purse info.

Vigors
08-20-2007, 11:28 AM
......I just checked the Free Sample at Bris :"Ultimate PP's" and it's
basically the same as the "DRF" as far as the G-1's,2's & 3's :no dollar
amount listed. I checked :Santa Anita March 17 2007 :4th race #6 River's Prayer...his last 2 race's :30Dec06SA Labrea G-1 (no $ amount)
26NovHol Matriarch G-1 (no $ amount)

I do appreciate your trying to help..

shanta
08-20-2007, 12:00 PM
Trackmaster pp's have the purse amount for each race Vigors.

If you are online you can also see the full chart for each race in th epp's by clicking the blue date to the left of each race.

decent for a buck man.

hope this helps
Richie

attached screenshot

Vigors
08-20-2007, 12:31 PM
..............There it is There !!!!...........

Finally.....ALL you guy's are GREAT !!!

THANK YOU.

shanta
08-20-2007, 12:43 PM
..............There it is There !!!!...........

Finally.....ALL you guy's are GREAT !!!

THANK YOU.

Vigors
Socantra mentioned Tsn data files. They are only 50 cents per card and would be viewed in their "pp generator". They are NOT the same as the ultimate pp's you saw ok?

just letting you know the tsn DATA FILES are probably the least expensive route to go
ok
Richie