PDA

View Full Version : Charlottetown PEI, Canada - Tonight

ponyplayerdotca
08-18-2007, 03:29 PM
The Gold Cup & Saucer harness race (the big race on Prince Edward Island annually) is tonight in Charlottetown, PEI, Canada.

A friend told me he heard race caller Vance Cameron say during his greetings to the audience last weekend that "welcome to all our viewers via the simulcast and everywhere in the world over the internet..." or something to that effect.

Does anyone know what the link to the Charlottetown Driving Park's video streaming signal is? Is it free? etc.

I do realize that on tonight's WEG simulcast of harness racing from Mohawk, that the race has been added as Race 12 on their program, and I will be able to watch the Gold Cup & Saucer via the Mohawk video tonight.

But I'd still like to know if there is a direct streaming video link for the Charlottetown Driving Park too, as I'd like to watch the whole card, and maybe more races any other day.

Phoning didn't help, and their website "cdpec.ca" doesn't have any video streaming info, so I assume it doesn't exist, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Cheers for any help guys. :ThmbUp:

trying2win
08-18-2007, 03:37 PM
I think this thread should be in the harness race section. I doubt that there is any free live video of this race, but I have been known to be wrong before :).

Zman179
08-19-2007, 05:49 PM
Here's the replay. Don't know why, but the sound is about ten seconds behind the video. Cameron called a heckuva race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLghK8yS6ik

ponyplayerdotca
08-20-2007, 02:41 PM
"....and they went in one-fifty-two.......FLAT!!!!!!"

Cameron's call was beautiful. I got to watch it live via the Mohawk simulcast.

Back in 2003, his memorable line during the call was something like:

"the fastest 3/4 time in Gold Cup & Saucer history? YOU'RE LOOKIN' AT IT!!!!!"....

He's got the gift. I gotta find that vhs tape and hear that again!

Thanks Zman for the youtube link! :ThmbUp:

Worst To First
08-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Here ya go I'll save you from digging out the video here are all the Finals from 1976 to 2005 I believe the one in which you refer to was won by London Mews N and Gilles Barrieau in 2003 ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI6fCMD7tU4

ponyplayerdotca
08-21-2007, 12:41 AM
No, that was the 2002 race that LONDON MEWS N won.

In 2003, SAND OLLS DEXTER (with MARK MacDONALD) just got up in the final strides to nip HARMONY P. at the wire.

HARMONY P. had won the CONSOLATION final the night before on the Friday. The top 2 from that race automatically go on the also-eligible list for the big race the next night (in case there are scratches). HARMONY P. drew into the final, and almost went wire-to-wire, but his 7 length lead dwindled as SAND OLLS DEXTER came the length of the stretch to nose him for the loot. It was one of the finest Gold Cup & Saucers I've ever seen.

SAND OLLS DEXTER would go on to repeat the feat for back-to-back titles in 2004.

Old HARMONY P. made the final again this year but finished well back.

Many thanks for the YouTube link of all those finals. My father is forever grateful!

Here is the link I found listing all the winners from 1960-to-present:

http://www.harnessracingpei.com/?SOBEY%27S_GOLD_CUP_%26amp%3B_SAUCER

You have to scroll down to the bottom of that page to see the full chart.

Thanks again!