PDA

View Full Version : Would you ride in the Space Shuttle?

JustRalph
08-17-2007, 03:29 PM
This thing is scaring the hell out of me. I wouldn't want to be riding that thing home on re-entry................ with holes in it............

chickenhead
08-17-2007, 04:09 PM
nope. I'd go up in one of the old school capsules where you just drop back into the ocean....those seem to work pretty well. But this shuttle looks like a death trap.

ddog
08-17-2007, 05:00 PM
in a second. but one condition, you get a spacewalk before you come back.
what better way to go out if it ended that way?

GaryG
08-17-2007, 08:08 PM
I would rather ride 500 laps at Bristol with old #3, but unfortunately that is no longer possible. I would ride in the shuttle....the liftoff would be worth the price of admission.

lsbets
08-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Hell yeah I would.

maxwell
08-18-2007, 12:12 AM
The shuttle is very dangerous! You could go through a worm-hole or a time warp and come back to earth in a thousand years to find that Saratoga still can't make up it's mind to go poly or cushion.

Gulfstream could have a bronze statue of Frank Stronach in the paddock ... with a noose around his neck.

Del Mar could be running "slave handicap" races. Humans could be saddled with chimps, apes, or bloody gorillas. Imagine trying to win a race with a 500 lb. gorilla on your back?

Fly in the shuttle?

Not for all the bananas in the world! :D

Dan Montilion
08-18-2007, 01:30 AM
No Chance. If I want to go into outer space I'll just drive over to Berkeley.

RobinFromIreland
08-18-2007, 07:28 AM
In a heartbeat

betchatoo
08-18-2007, 08:16 AM
Just to take one look at our planet from space would make it all worth it. Given the chance, sign me up

BIG RED
08-18-2007, 11:37 AM
I do every week-end! It's just that NASA doesn't know :cool:

No fear, in a heartbeat.

Jeff P
08-18-2007, 03:11 PM
I don't get it. What's to be afraid of?

Already looked an angry bear in the eye... logged many miles on LA freeways... and bet for a living on horses ridden by JOCKEYS for crying out loud... so yeah, if given the chance I'd go in a hearbeat.

-jp

Ponyplayr
08-18-2007, 09:21 PM
No.. They wear diapers and stalk people!!

chickenhead
08-18-2007, 10:09 PM
I don't get it. What's to be afraid of?

Now we're still dealing with relatively small numbers here, but on average so far the shuttle blows up once every 50 trips. The rub is the failure rate seems to be getting worse.

I just turned 30, I've got a lot of life left ahead of me (I hope). Someone offers me a trip with a great view, but say a guaranteed 1 in 20 chance the car we're gonna take blows up and we all die...I'm probably gonna pass. Scenery is not worth that much to me right now. If we're gonna land on the moon and build a space colony with me and a bunch of hot babes...maybe I'm more interested. But to look out of a window? Talk to me again when I'm 80 years old, and closer to deaths door.

Kinda like Alan Arkins character in Little Miss Sunshines take on heroin : "When you're young you'd be stupid to do it, when you're old you'd be stupid NOT to!"

DanG
08-18-2007, 11:32 PM
I just turned 30, I've got a lot of life left ahead of me (I hope).

Kinda like Alan Arkins character in Little Miss Sunshines take on heroin : "When you're young you'd be stupid to do it, when you're old you'd be stupid NOT to!"
Damn Chick…

If you don’t mind me saying, you have an awful lot of “moxy” for a man of your age.

I don’t mean this as a knock…just the opposite in fact… :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

keilan
08-19-2007, 12:35 AM

chic --u and I've been on the same page for a long time :cool: