PDA

View Full Version : Skate actually said-things were great in Iraq

skate
08-17-2007, 01:03 AM
hey hicup;

look at your post, i think you have things twisted, but hey thats ok.

what i said was that the murder rate in Iraq was in the area of 2 or 3 times bigger than the murder rate in Philly. the reason i had to say that was because you stated that the murder rate was 40 times higher in Iraq than in Philly. so i took the time and explained and NOW you come back and try to twist the facts again:rolleyes:
after i gave you the actual figures, i recall it was even closer and now it is close to 1 year later and the murder rate is even closer yet:eek:

the rate in Iraq is going down, fast:ThmbUp:

the rate in Philly is still going higher:ThmbDown:

but, my god girl, if you keep this up any longer, everyone will think that you are really promoting "the Skate".
everyone knows, the Skate is already pro:cool: correct, always.

thank you anyhow

hcap
08-17-2007, 08:38 AM
the rate in Iraq is going down, fast
the rate in Philly is still going higher
????

.................................................. .....................
This is what you babbled originally...
Do you deny it?

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30660&highlight=murder+rate
Post # 8 on 09-05-2006, 02:49 PM

things are looking stronger. no more killed over there (iraq) than in philadelphia.

and thats a war zone over there, no mater what kind of war, civil, religious or ...

Taliban having a rough time also, Nato finally getting with IT.

looks like Sudan will be the stopping grounds for terror groups, and uncle george might just let the libs and the UN try to

figure this one for themselves.
skate is offline Report Bad Post Reply With Quote

but, my god girl, if you keep this up any longer, everyone will think that you are really promoting "the Skate".
everyone knows, the Skate is already pro:cool: correct, always.

thank you anyhow

hcap
08-17-2007, 08:41 AM
Hey dipstick, you said this...on the other thread

Dearest zilly the filly;

ill (maybe read your quoted posted) for whatever reason, i do not know, but i might.

find a post that quotes me as saying
Bagdad-has-less-murders-that-philly i will then remove the Title bestowd.

until then, that title remains as such;

"ONE DUMB FILLY"

skate
08-17-2007, 09:02 AM
youve got 1/2 of my quote

but you may be correct, but its out of context. you forgot the part where i had to explain my comment

skate
08-17-2007, 09:03 AM
i never ever said " bagdad had less murders that philly".

i never ever use those large print letters.

you must include my explaination, as i was speaking of a percentage, which i did explain. but your right
i did say that, just forgot

skate
08-17-2007, 09:21 AM
Us pop 290,788,976
Iraq pop app approx 27,000,000

Looks like
Pop Murders percent
290,788,976 17000 0.00006
27,000,000 42000 0.00156

Looks like 26.6 x murder rate for Iraq[/QUOTE]

this is your quote stated above , you are saying the murder rate was 26.6 times higher.
i went on to prove that the rate was closer to 2 or 3 times higher, and not near 26 % higher, thats the whole point and if you have a problem understanding my point, too bad, i cant help anymore, i tried.

the fact that i found the rate to be only 3 times as high (now i believe it to be even lower) would or should give you a clue that i had no conclusion that murders in philly were lower than murders in iraq.

thanks

skate
08-17-2007, 09:24 AM
did you see your post, your point being twisted in the opposite direction.

it takes more patience than i care to push you way:sleeping:

THE END

thanks

skate
08-17-2007, 09:25 AM
i never ever said " bagdad had less murders that philly".

i never ever use those large print letters.

you must include my explaination, as i was speaking of a percentage, which i did explain. but youre right
i did say that, just forgot, and you didnt include my explaination.

skate
08-17-2007, 09:27 AM
so, ok , ill remove the title "one dumb filly". sorry

now we have "TWO BUMB FILLIES":D

46zilzal
08-17-2007, 11:28 AM
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/newyork/ny-bc-ny--armysuicides-opti0816aug16,0,1563843.story

http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/News/International/2007/08/17/4424928-sun.html

http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/20070817/cm_huffpost/060788
Always great on the domestic side. Repeated tours, constant stress. Hardly a surprise.

From the Washington Post: "In northern Iraq, estimates of the death toll from the quadruple truck bombing Tuesday night in two remote villages near the Syrian border ranged from 250 to 500 people, ensuring its grim distinction as the deadliest single attack of the Iraq war."

Tom
08-17-2007, 12:42 PM
It will only get worse if we pull a pelosi and pull out too soon.

JustRalph
08-17-2007, 03:18 PM
From the Washington Post: "In northern Iraq, estimates of the death toll from the quadruple truck bombing Tuesday night in two remote villages near the Syrian border ranged from 250 to 500 people, ensuring its grim distinction as the deadliest single attack of the Iraq war."

did you read who these people were? they were a group that is regarded as "unholy" and "infidels" who have no security and such. There is speculation that this soft target was taken because it is getting too hard to get around enhanced security due to the surge. This was a massacre that was meant to help Al Queada's image in Iraq and also come up with a big number for the news. The once on board insurgents of other countries are starting to turn against Al Queda because they are killing too many Muslims. This is an interesting development...........it reveals a small chink that is starting to develop............

46zilzal
08-17-2007, 10:33 PM
It doesn't count if it doesn't support the claim that the surge is making a big difference.

ANY WHERE where rampant killing is out of control, is still out of control no matter the who is involved.

hcap
08-18-2007, 05:19 AM
Mr Skate-brain. This was my question from the other thread..For all those idiots who told us how Great Things ARE IN BAGHDAD, such as skate. Remember the lame observation about how-Baghdad-has-less-murders -than-PHILADELPHIA??

How'bout that Baghdad has MORE electricity than Philly? That should prove that we is making a lot of progress. NO?

Hey skate where is you when we need a definitive answer?

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-heat14aug14,0,2993091.story?coll=la-home-world

Now that you have retracted 'so, ok , ill remove the title "one dumb filly". sorry", how about re-thinking the whole notion about how much better things are in Iraq since we invaded? Start with the electrical grid.

skate
08-18-2007, 01:07 PM
hiccups;

my saying that "the murder rate in iraq was not as bad as the murder rate in Philly" was a counter to your saying that the murder rate in Iraq was 26 times higherr than the murder rate in Philly.

i then went on to prove myself to be 10X more correct than you.

and since i took it upon myself to disprove my own saying, in the very same post and then you took it upon yourself to ONLY include my original saying and you liberally excluded that of which I later corrected any diversity from my original comment.

in other words, you did what was expected;)

skate
08-18-2007, 01:27 PM
and the kicker

look, if you want to carry this to the conclsion of the war fine, but thats fior later.

funny that you kept this topic, because i really was not finished. i was not to the end of the year and i took the lower end of scale. now since the year of which we speak is over, let us conclude points at issue.

the Philly muder rate went higher, i may have used 350 for my final conclusion, but it went much higher, to over 400, big jump.

and with that said, for the most part , i am happy with the following figures.

total death rate due to civil war in Iraq/ 15,000 for 2006.
total death rate due to violence (only) in Philly/ 400 plus for 2006

population of Iraq is about 26,000,000
population for Phill is about 1,350,000, or about 20 times less than Iraq,.

20 X 400(deaths)= 8000 (i take for granted, you understand the math):rolleyes:

the 15,000 deaths in Iraq for '06 were not all due to killing the innocent. as were the Phillt deaths.

roughly 1/2 of the deaths in Iraq were the result of the GOOD GUYS killing the scum bags.

1/2 of the 15,000 = 7,500.

SO, TO CONCLUDE;

my original saying, that being; "more deaths in Philly than in Iraq" WAS correct:cool: :lol: :ThmbUp:

skate
08-18-2007, 01:32 PM
an and and to answer you question, NO i "the-Skate: do not deny:cool:

i am as hap[py as a clam

who dat dippy stick now;) ?

love
the-skate
i do i do

46zilzal
08-18-2007, 01:37 PM
an and and to answer you question, NO i "the-Skate: do not deny:cool:

i am as hap[py as a clam

who dat dippy stick now;) ?

love
the-skate
i do i do
And communicate like one too!

hcap
08-18-2007, 01:55 PM
You saidhiccups;

my saying that "the murder rate in iraq was not as bad as the murder rate in Philly" was a counter to your saying that the murder rate in Iraq was 26 times higherr than the murder rate in Philly.

i then went on to prove myself to be 10X more correct than you.

and since i took it upon myself to disprove my own saying, in the very same post and then you took it upon yourself to ONLY include my original saying and you liberally excluded that of which I later corrected any diversity from my original comment.

in other words, you did what was expected;)
.................................................. ......................................

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/...ght=murder+rate

Your first post, number 8 on that thread started this....

I had not said anything about anything until after you posted...

"things are looking stronger. no more killed over there (iraq) than in philadelphia."

So how can counter me if I did not respond until AFTER you???

hcap
08-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Us pop 290,788,976
Iraq pop app approx 27,000,000

Looks like
Pop Murders percent
290,788,976 17000 0.00006
27,000,000 42000 0.00156

Looks like 26.6 x murder rate for Iraq

You saidthis is your quote stated above , you are saying the murder rate was 26.6 times higher.
i went on to prove that the rate was closer to 2 or 3 times higher, and not near 26 % higher, thats the whole point and if you have a problem understanding my point, too bad, i cant help anymore, i tried.

the fact that i found the rate to be only 3 times as high (now i believe it to be even lower) would or should give you a clue that i had no conclusion that murders in philly were lower than murders in iraq.

thanks
Here you say the rate was 2 or 3 times higher. How can I conclude you meant this after you state in post # 8 very clearly on thread

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/...ght=murder+rate
things are looking stronger. no more killed over there (iraq) than in philadelphia. that there is No Diff

And once again your post # 39 on the original thread you say this...
"bottom line, the murder rate per population for Iraq and Phila. are Not any different. you can not just change Iraq to Bagdaddy figures unless you also change the phila figures.
we went to Iraq and you must include the parts of Iraq that have not had trouble , what say? we have accomplished (USA) a great deal in many ares of Iraq, while Bagdaddy is a problem, due to Iran and the LIbbizd media.
Make up your feeble brain.
2 or 3 times more or no diff???

So which is it?

hcap
08-18-2007, 03:20 PM
http://crookedtimber.org/2006/08/27/death-rates-again/

"On the November 28 broadcast of The Rush Limbaugh Show, guest host Roger Hedgecock baselessly claimed that "the murder rate in Baghdad, the people being killed in Baghdad, is lower than the murder rate of Washington, D.C." Based on estimates from the Brookings Institution, Baghdad's violent death rate since January 2006 is about 238 per 100,000 people; by contrast, Washington, D.C., had a homicide rate of 35.4 per 100,000 in 2005."

"While discussing NBC News' recent decision to describe the situation in Iraq as a civil war, Hedgecock wondered whether Washington should also be considered to be in a "civil war." According to preliminary statistics from the Metropolitan Police Department, 145 homicides had been reported in that city in 2006 by the end of October, for a homicide rate of 26.3 per 100,000 people. By contrast, estimates from the Brookings Institution's Iraq Indexes from January 30 and November 27 indicate that about 13,300 Iraqi civilians were killed in Baghdad by violence in 2006 through October 15, for a violent death rate of about 238 per 100,000 people, given Baghdad's population of about 5.6 million. (Brookings notes that these estimates of violence in Baghdad, using data from IraqBodyCount.org, are based entirely on media reports. The number of violent civilian deaths in Baghdad from January 1, 2006, through October 15, 2006, was obtained by subtracting the reported number of such deaths from the start of the war through January 1 -- provided in the January 30 Iraq Index -- from the same statistic through October 15 -- provided in the most recent Iraq Index, from November 27.)

The weblog Think Progress has previously noted that other conservatives have baselessly compared Iraq's death rate to that of Washington, D.C., and Philadelphia."

.................................................. .................................................. .

So skate let's compare Phillys' death rate with Baghdad.

Ok the worse city in the USA with the worse city in Iraq ???.By contrast, estimates from the Brookings Institution's Iraq Indexes from January 30 and November 27 indicate that about 13,300 Iraqi civilians were killed in Baghdad by violence in 2006 through October 15, for a violent death rate of about 238 per 100,000 people, given Baghdad's population of about 5.6 million.

So Philadelphia, PA City Population 2005: 1,406,415
Baghdad's population 5,600,000
Baghdad 4 x the pop of Philly
13,300 Iraqi civilians were killed in Baghdad by violence in 2006. So to be fair, you must be saying 1/4 of 13,300 were killed in Philly? in 2006.
Philly has 1/4 the population.
Or therefore 3300? to maintain there is no diff between Philly and Baghdad.

That would give Philly a homicide rate 9 x greater than DC. adjusting for Phillys' larger population. DC population is 581,530 as of 2006.

Do you honestly think no matter how bad Philly may be, it has 9x the homicide rate of DC??

BTW, can you, would you take a commercial flight to Baghdad tomorrow, get a taxi from the airport to the city, stay at a local hotel, see some sights and eat out at a decent restaurant without being in fear of your life? What about Phlly? Anyone who thinks that someone walking around Philly is more likely to be violently attacked than a marine out on patrol in Baghdad is out of their minds.

So skate you can eat your cheesesteak in Philly but remember to duck :bang:

skate
08-19-2007, 09:21 PM
point of interest is philly vs Iraq, not baghdad.

hcap
08-20-2007, 07:58 AM
http://mwcnews.net/content/view/11828/232/

UN: 34,000 Iraqis killed in 2006

The UN reports that 34,452 civilians have been killed in violence in Iraq over the past year and about 36,885 people have been wounded.

Iraq = 27,000,000 total population
Per 100,000 = 27,000,000 divided by 100,000 =270

34,452 divided by 270 = 127.6

Iraq violent deaths 127.6 per 100,000

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/20070605_Phila__leads_big_cities_in_murder_rate.ht ml

"But Philadelphians were more likely to be murdered than residents of other cities whose populations exceed one million people. Philadelphia had a murder rate of 27.8 per 100,000 inhabitants in 2006

Philly= 27.8 PER 100,000 murders IN 2006

Btw, have 36,885 been wounded in Philly
Are upwards of 15 % of the population of Philly refugees?
Are 40+% of phillys' children suffering from malnutrition?
Why don't you retire to Baghdad and eat your cheesesteaks in peace and quiet????

skate
08-22-2007, 05:56 PM
you, so called libs, go head over heels while trying appear (as in APPEAR) concerned with interest about people being killed in Iraq. at the same time, , no mention of concern for the lives of people in your own country.

the killings in Iraq are, for the most part, justified.

while the killings in Philly and 100 other cities in the USA are senseless, needless and will not stop, even after the civil war in Iraq does stop.

also, very typical, you just add whatever figures you prefer.:faint:

46zilzal
08-22-2007, 06:01 PM

on what basis? It is THEIR country. Let them alone.

If all of the supporters of jihad were sought out that would require going to Indonesia, Pakistan etc...

skate
08-22-2007, 06:15 PM
on what basis? It is THEIR country. Let them alone.

If all of the supporters of jihad were sought out that would require going to Indonesia, Pakistan etc...

well, i take some things for granted, maybe thats the problem?

1) they want us there
2) we need to be there, for them and for the worlds economy.

but back here in the USA, kids get shot in the school yard, because people do not care about HELPING OTHERS, just monety and drugs for themselves.

so? you say let them alone. can you apply that thought to the kids Killing kids here in the USA.
just let em alone, huh?

ok then , now i understand:eek: gotcha

hcap
08-22-2007, 06:18 PM
you, so called libs, go head over heels while trying appear (as in APPEAR) concerned with interest about people being killed in Iraq. at the same time, , no mention of concern for the lives of people in your own country.

while the killings in Philly and 100 other cities in the USA are senseless, needless and will not stop, even after the civil war in Iraq does stop.

also, very typical, you just add whatever figures you prefer.:faint:
If you believe this you are no doubt a foul mentally stunted, emotionally underdeveloped illiterate with shit for brains.
Oh yeah, have a nice day

Greyfox
08-22-2007, 06:31 PM
According to the CIA World Fact book, possibly a biased source,
the Death rates in Iraq have fallen from 6.4 per 1000 in 2000 to
5.26 per 1000 in 2007.

http://www.indexmundi.com/g/g.aspx?c=iz&v=26

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/iz.html

hcap
08-22-2007, 06:53 PM
So Greyfox do you agree with skate?
And what of the link to the UN?
UN: 34,000 Iraqis killed in 2006

The UN reports that 34,452 civilians have been killed in violence in Iraq over the past year and about 36,885 people have been wounded.

Who is making stuff up?
Of course the Lancet Study now talks of upwards of 1,000,000 unwanted deaths. I did not use those figures although I believe that study provides a more accurate view than the UN.

What about the refugee crisis?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/18_07_07_oxfam_iraq.pdf

...While horrific violence dominates the lives of millions of ordinary people inside Iraq, another kind of crisis, also due to the impact of war, has been slowly unfolding. Up to eight million people are now in need of emergency assistance. This figure includes:

• four million people who are 'food-insecure and in dire need of different types of humanitarian assistance’
• more than two million displaced people inside Iraq
• over two million Iraqis in neighbouring countries, mainly Syria and Jordan, making this the fastest-growing refugee crisis in the world....

Iraqis are suffering from a growing lack of food, shelter, water and sanitation, health care, education, and employment. Of the four million Iraqis who are dependent on food assistance, only 60 per cent currently have access to rations through the government-run Public Distribution System (PDS), down from 96 per cent in 2004.

Forty-three per cent of Iraqis suffer from 'absolute poverty’. According to some estimates, over half the population are now without work. Children are hit the hardest by the decline in living standards. Child malnutrition rates have risen from 19 per cent before the US-led invasion in 2003 to 28 per cent now.

.................................................. ..............................................

And Iraq's national power grid is on the brink of collapse, the country's electricity ministry has warned. Water supplies to Baghdad have also been cut off for days at a time, with summertime pressures on key systems said to be more intense than ever. The ministry blamed poor maintenance, fuel shortages, sabotage by insurgents and rising demand for the problems, and said some provinces hold onto supplies.

So Philly is just as bad?

The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.
– George Orwell

Greyfox
08-22-2007, 06:59 PM
hcap, in response to your question.
I think that the death rates in Baghdad and Philadelphia are horrific.
What else could any sane person who loves human kind conclude?
I was surprised to see that a drop has been reported from pre-war levels.
Obviously, a bigger drop would be anticipated if peace is ever attained.

hcap
08-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Sorry, but the figures ARE much higher for Iraq than for Philly.

Statistics are skewed by both sides, but I think a war zone tends to be more horrific than a murder crime rate. When you factor in the humanitarian crisis in Iraq, any city in the US is comparatively peace and quiet.

When an avowed idiot like skate says....
the killings in Iraq are, for the most part, justified., I feel like throwing up.
Sorry to include you in the same class.

Don't know why I double posted, but this is the avowed idiot "addition"