PDA

View Full Version : I'm New to Paceadvantage.

thebiga
08-16-2007, 12:41 PM
Hello Everybody my name is Jeanclaude Jaramillo im hispanic and im 14 years old i live one block away from Aqueduct Racetrack in Ozone Park,NY and i have been a racing fan for almost 5 years old im undefeated at the Belmont Stakes (i had someone bet Jazil in '06 and Rags to Riches in '07 for me :)) During the Aqueduct meet i go there every weekend and of course i know how to read the Program. if anybody wants to know anything about me just ask me (if its not anything stupid lol) so thats pretty much it just wanted to say hi to everybody.

bobbyb
08-16-2007, 01:03 PM
Welcome bigA! :ThmbUp:

bobbyb

Tom
08-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Welcome to the board!
Nice to see young blood interested in our game.
:ThmbUp:

GaryG
08-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Welcome JC....good to see young folks interested in this great sport.

RaceBookJoe
08-16-2007, 01:32 PM
It is great to see a young person interested in the horses. I am a new poster here but have lurked for a couple of years. Always get the sense that young people dont care about this sport anymore. Get your friends into this field also. Best wishes to you.

Good4Now
08-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Nice to meetup with you here at PA!

Me thinks you're a pretty Sharp young fellow! Go GET 'em kid!

kitts
08-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Good to know there are still new ones, especailly young ones. And I really like Jeanclaud for a horseplayer name. Or Baccarat :o)

1st time lasix
08-16-2007, 02:40 PM
A simple piece of advice my young friend....only gamble with money you can afford to lose. Most people your age do not have a high earning job or career....so you must be very cautious not to go over your head thinking that the upcoming race is the "big one" Money management and playing within your means is critical to your well being. Keep it in perspective.

toetoe
08-16-2007, 02:56 PM
May I call you J-Lo ?? :D

Sincerely,

Big T

bacowinner
08-16-2007, 03:04 PM
I am also new here,got my start out in Sunland Park while stationed at Ft Bliss,Tx , don't know a lot but willing to learn:cool:

csmith
08-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Welcome..I will be looking for your selections next June in the Belmont :)

46zilzal
08-16-2007, 03:26 PM
Word to the wise: take it all in, but ultimately make your own decisions on who, and what you believe here. Don't take anyone's word for something unless you prove it to yourself. Regional differences in racing (Polytrack both the old and the new, turf, dirt, sprints, routes, marathons) are significant enough as to be radically different.

There is no one answer to anything: only variations.

Here is my favorite Belmont winner. TWICE

46zilzal
08-16-2007, 03:36 PM
another one in the paddock

thebiga
08-16-2007, 04:12 PM
A simple piece of advice my young friend....only gamble with money you can afford to lose. Most people your age do not have a high earning job or career....so you must be very cautious not to go over your head thinking that the upcoming race is the "big one" Money management and playing within your means is critical to your well being. Keep it in perspective.

well thanks for the advice, well i myself am not really into the betting, i only bet the big races (Triple crown, and Breeders cup) when i do bet i know wen to stop and how to control myself , when i lose im like "oh well i lost". that's how i am

thebiga
08-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Welcome..I will be looking for your selections next June in the Belmont :)

thank u, i Picked Jazil in '06 because i know he was a closer and the LONG Belmont Park hoem stretch would should him well and i liked the way he closed in the Derby to finish 4th. Rags To Riches Becuase of the pedigree(Sire A.P Indy 1992 belmont winner) i know she would love the 1 1/2 mile.

thebiga
08-16-2007, 04:16 PM
Good to know there are still new ones, especailly young ones. And I really like Jeanclaud for a horseplayer name. Or Baccarat :o)

Thats what this sport fails to do. Get the young people into racing, I love racing , i love Handicapping its like a form of Art to me. I handicap but most of the time i dont bet.

thebiga
08-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Nice to meetup with you here at PA!

Me thinks you're a pretty Sharp young fellow! Go GET 'em kid!

thank u, well im a PRETTY good handicapper, IM NOT SAYING im a Andy Beyer or etc. :)

Horsefan
08-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Hi Big A and welcome to the board! I don't bet either, I am just a number one fan of racing. I love to talk about the horses and the big races coming up. Most of my picks are sentimental. Do you have any favorites for this week's Pacific Classic and Alabama? I am going with Lava Man and Octave (who get's zero publicity in her quest for the Triple Tiara)

thebiga
08-16-2007, 04:52 PM
well thank u, well im kinda the same i dont really bet , IM A HUGE RACING FAN , if Octave does win on Sat. i belive the Connections of Octave get a bonus i think since she could win teh Triple tiara. I hope Lava Man wins because of what just happened with his groom who lost his arm in a car accident so i would love to see him repeat in the Pacific Classic. :)

Horsefan
08-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Right back at you about Lava Man's groom! I love it when the horse's win for there good human connections. It will be interesting to see what Tiago does in this race, he is carrying 7 pounds less than Lava Man.

thebiga
08-16-2007, 05:37 PM
thats why this sport is great! tiago i think has a great shot to win with Mike Smith , btw i beilve A.P. Xcellent is running in the Pacific Classic ( he finished 2nd in the Hollywood Gold Cup to Lava MAn) he has a good shot to win

PaceAdvantage
08-16-2007, 10:21 PM
I handicap but most of the time i dont bet.

That's good, because 14-year-olds aren't supposed to be betting in NY state (or anywhere else that I am aware of).

thebiga
08-16-2007, 10:44 PM
i beileve it's 18 in NY im not sure, my dad puts bets for me only during the Triple Crown and Breeder's Cup because its the sport's biggest days.

kenwoodallpromos
08-17-2007, 02:26 AM
Since you are still in school, keep in mind that various aspects of horseracing can be used as a learning tool:
Animal husbandry and breeding; medicine; math and physics; self-employmrnt business; business promotion; government among others