PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday / Wednesday at the Spa

Red Knave
08-15-2007, 10:12 PM
Tuesday was a day to relax and do a bit of grocery shopping. We did burgers on the BBQ (many thanks from all of us to Speed King for his prowess on the grill).
Tuesday night was, of course, a Mountaineer/River Downs/Prairie Meadows/Yavapai/Great Lakes Downs smorgasbord (I know, I know you guys are saying "WOW, what fun" ... but it was) and we all pigged out. So many races, so late in the day.
Wednesday morning we tried to get into the Oklahoma training track to see BillW's filly (well he owns a fetlock or two) work out. We even got up early, but due to NYRA's draconian regulations about passes and documentation jmilkowski, Speed King and myself never got inside the gates ... so we went to the Horseshoe for a big omelette breakfast. (If Storm Cadet is reading, yeah, it's as good as ever).
The afternoon was filled with maidens, turf sprints and inner turf maiden routes. We were joined in the tent by Silver Sow, Bubbles, rrbauer, cj's dad, John, Charlie and Joe Prunes. Maxspa (how could I *ever* forget him :) )showed up a bit later as well. A real solid group that cashed numerous tickets including a couple of $1200 pik4 tickets by rrbauer and Speed King (we have the photos to prove it). Um, I'm waiting until later to cash that big one ... really! :)
As if that weren't enough, we did some steaks and corn on the 'Q and added some salad and spuds (again thanks to Speed King ably assissted by rrbauer)and some very drinkable Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon. A night to remember.
Oh, the ball game is on now, I have to sign off.
And the guys are antsy to get into Ferndale, Evangeline, Northlands Park. Well, yes, we are degenerates, but we don't try to lord it over people. :cool:

PaceAdvantage
08-16-2007, 01:28 AM
Sounds like great fun.....Where's andicap? I'll see some of you in a few days...save some burgers for me!

Red Knave
08-16-2007, 09:17 AM
Andicap is back on Friday. Looking forward to seeing you.

Everybody else that comes brings steaks ;)

Trijack
08-16-2007, 08:35 PM
Red Knave

Your stories make me wish I was there. Keep it up. Tell all I said Hi.

Jack

Tom
08-16-2007, 09:27 PM
PA - will you be there Saturday?
I'm a definate now. Got a room in Albany Friday night and heading in early Saturday AM.

If anyone needs a lift from that area, PM me. I want to hit the Horsehoe for breakfast, so I plan on an early start.

PaceAdvantage
08-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Si.

Zaf
08-16-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm a definate now. Got a room in Albany Friday night and heading in early Saturday AM.

If anyone needs a lift from that area, PM me. I want to hit the Horsehoe for breakfast, so I plan on an early start.

Great news ! Looking forward to seeing you guys ! The Horseshoe ? I had my breakfast at Siro's this morning, 2 Heinekens :eek:

Z :D

PaceAdvantage
08-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Great news ! Looking forward to seeing you guys ! The Horseshoe ? I had my breakfast at Siro's this morning, 2 Heinekens :eek:

Z :D

Man, that's my kind of breakfast! LOL Haven't had one of those in a LONG time...

Tom
08-17-2007, 07:30 AM
Zaf.....Breakfast of Champions? :p

BillW
08-17-2007, 08:06 AM

We'll save a seat for you! PA can sit on your lap :D .

Red Knave
08-17-2007, 08:09 AM
Zaf.....Breakfast of Champions? :pLeave room for some chowda!