PDA

View Full Version : Mountaineer - Mark/Nancy email

beertapper
08-14-2007, 06:03 PM
Hi all,

Last nite, while watching the Mountaineer simulcast, Mark gave out an email address where ppl can request some track profile stats... I forgot to jot this one down. Did anyone by any chance catch this ??

many thanks..

JimmyQ
08-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Just send him a pm...he posts here as mountainman

JimmyQ

DeanT
08-14-2007, 07:17 PM
It's nancyandmark@mtrgaming.com I believe.

Ya, I watch the Mountain....... and I am not afraid to admit it :)

pic6vic
08-15-2007, 11:43 AM
Nothing wrong with the Mouantain.

Best program for information of any track

Immanuel Kant
08-15-2007, 12:27 PM
who was the guy on last night?...sometimes with Mark, sometimes with Nancy?

DrugS
08-15-2007, 12:45 PM
How did he sound?

ponyplayerdotca
08-15-2007, 01:08 PM
I failed to catch the third analyst's name (Jim?). He is from Buffalo (Mark said that last night I think).

He's been guest analyst for the last 2 or 3 Mondays on their simulcast. They have been on air as follows (if memory serves):

Race 1: MARK / NANCY
Race 2-5: NANCY / JIM
Race 6-9: JIM / MARK
Race 10: MARK / NANCY

I think he may be the guy they will have host the simulcast show for their sister track PRESQUE ISLE DOWNS when it opens for it's September meet in Pennsylvania (that is my guess). If true, maybe they are just trying to introduce him and his style to the audience.

He seems too soft spoken (at least versus Mark and Nancy), but makes some good points. Maybe he's just not used to being on air, and he'll learn as he goes.

Mountaineer's simulcast show is the best one out there for in-race information and local track knowledge. No other track's coverage compares in any way that I have seen. Mark and Nancy are original, lifelong horse people who not only know their stuff, but entertain you by simply being themselves on air, and not trying to be "on air personalities". Their charm is their hook. :ThmbUp:

Rico8812
08-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Just started watching and playing the Mountain recently and really enjoy Mark and Nancy's commentary. I emailed mark for his database that he was willing to share but haven't heard back from him.

Milleruszk
08-15-2007, 07:46 PM
Mountaineer's simulcast show is the best one out there for in-race information and local track knowledge. No other track's coverage compares in any way that I have seen. Mark and Nancy are original, lifelong horse people who not only know their stuff, but entertain you by simply being themselves on air, and not trying to be "on air personalities". Their charm is their hook. :ThmbUp:

You are so right! Other handicapping shows should copy them. They are definately better than anything that you will see on TVG or HRTV or any other track feed.

richrosa
08-16-2007, 08:22 AM
Almost no one gives as much insight to a simulcast show as Mark and Nancy. They are not only informative, but funny and entertaining as well.

Premier Turf Club
08-16-2007, 08:38 AM
Almost no one gives as much insight to a simulcast show as Mark and Nancy. They are not only informative, but funny and entertaining as well.

They do a fantastic job. Insightful and never boring.

DanG
08-16-2007, 08:51 AM
They do a fantastic job. Insightful and never boring.
Absolutely the truth… :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

I don’t even play Mnr and I occasionally tune in just to hear them. Great chemistry together and informative. A rare combination in their field.

mountainman
08-16-2007, 09:31 AM
Will pass the props along to Nance guys. Thanks very much. When sophisticated players such as yourselves approve, I know our formula works. Rico, if you emailed my work addy, I'll send the d-bases out this weekend. If you pm me today, I'll shoot them your way sometime this evening. The same offer stands for other pace members.

Imriledup
08-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Will pass the props along to Nance guys. Thanks very much. When sophisticated players such as yourselves approve, I know our formula works. Rico, if you emailed my work addy, I'll send the d-bases out this weekend. If you pm me today, I'll shoot them your way sometime this evening. The same offer stands for other pace members.

Mountainman, your analysis helps me bet the Mountain. I dont have the time to do all the daily stuff, so when you mention, "this one raced on a dead rail" that's really helpful stuff that i dont have time to uncover. Your analysis is first rate for an inhouse handicapper at any track i've listened to, and being the degenerate that i am, i've heard many different in house commentators. I also enjoy your sense of humor, keep up the great work!

DeanT
08-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Rare in these type shows to hear "What about the seven", "Well he was bumped last time and raced wide, and his trainer is cold, but they did win with a drop like this last week"

Invaluable to a player. Info is power. I take that stuff into consideration, and it gives me a reason to bet, or not bet at times. They often tell you things that are not in the form.

bigmack
08-16-2007, 12:58 PM
If you pm me today, I'll shoot them your way sometime this evening. The same offer stands for other pace members.
If you send by snail mail would they include a healthy dose of crumbs from the dimpled orange colored crunchy snack that has you in its spell? :rolleyes:

http://countrystore.tabasco.com/images/template/cheeseits_res_small.gif

mountainman
08-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Just be glad I don't prefer cheetos.

garyoz
08-16-2007, 03:30 PM
I think he may be the guy they will have host the simulcast show for their sister track PRESQUE ISLE DOWNS when it opens for it's September meet in Pennsylvania (that is my guess). If true, maybe they are just trying to introduce him and his style to the audience.

I'm a MNR fan and a huge Mark and Nancy fan. The Presque Isle Downs meet is going to have great pursues. I hope the Mark and Nancy karma is transferable to Presque Isle. I am all in favor of boutique meets (can I trademark the term?). The are very common in the UK and Ireland and I think they would be a great tradition in this country. Does anyone know if Presque Isle will be racing in the PM?

bigmack
08-16-2007, 04:56 PM
Does anyone know if Presque Isle will be racing in the PM?
Gary - 5:30-8:30 ETime. Dark Tuesdays.

I've already coined the phrase boutique meets. You owe me $1 for its use.

garyoz
08-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Gary - 5:30-8:30 ETime. Dark Tuesdays.

I've already coined the phrase boutique meets. You owe me $1 for its use.

I will happily pay and defer authorship. Make sure the DRF and tracks and industry recognize the origin. The PA forum is the best source of innovative ideas and analysis for horse racing.