PDA

View Full Version : Monday At The Spa!

Maxspa
08-14-2007, 09:25 AM
All,
Great weather to start off the PA get together! There were five optimistic handicappers in the tent BillW, Justin, Maxspa, Speedking and a great Canadian Capper + even better guy whose name escapes me at the moment!Senior Moment! With three computers on the table we were looked upon by others in the tent with wonderment, thinking we had all the answers.
Sharing opinions was commonplace. The comraderie and positive interaction between us was clearly evident. Here were five handicappers, each of us with a different approach, enjoying the challenges of every race!
Monday's card was difficult but each of us except Bill W. (He bets in secret) had some winners. The PROBLEM was our lack of communication. After two serious searches we couldn't find GRITS at the facility. With her ability to point out those longshot candidates we would have cleaned up!
If any P.A. member is considering a trip to Saratoga, you won't be disappointed.
Maxspa

Trijack
08-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Max

Thanks for the update as I was wondering what was going on. I know all of you are having a great time as I was there for the first 3 years.

Jack

Maxspa
08-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Trijack,
You, were truly missed! Your ALL-WAYS handicapping PROWESS would have given us another winning dimension.
Maxspa

SilverSow
08-14-2007, 01:45 PM
Hi all...

Bubbles & I will be up there Wed./Thurs./Fri. this week... what name are the tables reserved under? We'll do our usual bit of getting there early & clearing out the squatters for ya...

Seeya tomorrow!

Dave

BillW
08-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Hi all...

Bubbles & I will be up there Wed./Thurs./Fri. this week... what name are the tables reserved under? We'll do our usual bit of getting there early & clearing out the squatters for ya...

Seeya tomorrow!

Dave

"PaceAdvantage"

One glitch, we have tables at the other end of the tent (Table 1, 2 etc. ) If you get there early, see if you can swing a trade for our usual ones (10, 20 and 9 or 19).

Bill

SilverSow
08-14-2007, 02:20 PM
"PaceAdvantage"

One glitch, we have tables at the other end of the tent (Table 1, 2 etc. ) If you get there early, see if you can swing a trade for our usual ones (10, 20 and 9 or 19).

Bill

Bill,

We might be able to get away with that tomorrow since Wednesdays aren't too busy up there - last week very few of the tables were taken... but as the week goes on I can't imagine people would trade away the access to the electric plugs that we have come to value so highly.

Did the table wench seem helpful this year (as opposed to the often inflexible types that man that station), or will you guys just have video rolling with her a part of the gag just to catch me in a Candid Camera bit as I try to do you a favor (again! LOL)... thanks for getting back to me (I think!)

Dave

BillW
08-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Did the table wench seem helpful this year (as opposed to the often inflexible types that man that station), or will you guys just have video rolling with her a part of the gag just to catch me in a Candid Camera bit as I try to do you a favor (again! LOL)... thanks for getting back to me (I think!)

Dave

No table wench this year - they have a young kid manning the post. He did help sell a table that we didn't use on Saturday. I'm not sure if Andy requested these or had to take them due to the others already being taken. I guess we'll find out.

Bill

SilverSow
08-14-2007, 06:21 PM
No table wench this year - they have a young kid manning the post. He did help sell a table that we didn't use on Saturday. I'm not sure if Andy requested these or had to take them due to the others already being taken. I guess we'll find out.

Bill

Thanks for the word - we'll get there when the gates open & do what we can...

Dave

Grits
08-19-2007, 09:45 AM
Max, I've been to the tent twice--and missed you both times. I went on Thursday, and stopped in again on Friday, seeing Bill and Storm Cadet and all these other new faces-- I hate having missed you!

I've been down three days running--as in losing Sweetie--so I did not tarry on Friday. Who wants to mook guys that are cashing????????? NOT ME!

I got off the schneid on Saturday with a HUGE UPSET in the Yaddo with Hertler's 23/1 shot. A great price, A great exacta. And Max, he was very playable with Desormeaux on him. I threw out his last here, and looked at his 7F Stageview that went freightening FAST.

So darlin' the "Longshot Looker" is still cookin'!!! Thank you, Jesus! I was getting really worried.

And I really have to do this stuff in the a.m. before going to the track. Too many distractions there. Like chatting and all that. LOL

Again, missed you--take care,

g.

All,
Great weather to start off the PA get together! There were five optimistic handicappers in the tent BillW, Justin, Maxspa, Speedking and a great Canadian Capper + even better guy whose name escapes me at the moment!Senior Moment! With three computers on the table we were looked upon by others in the tent with wonderment, thinking we had all the answers.
Sharing opinions was commonplace. The comraderie and positive interaction between us was clearly evident. Here were five handicappers, each of us with a different approach, enjoying the challenges of every race!
Monday's card was difficult but each of us except Bill W. (He bets in secret) had some winners. The PROBLEM was our lack of communication. After two serious searches we couldn't find GRITS at the facility. With her ability to point out those longshot candidates we would have cleaned up!
If any P.A. member is considering a trip to Saratoga, you won't be disappointed.
Maxspa

lefthandlow
08-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Hello guys!!

I was at the SPA with my son and grandson today and met the

boys and had a ball!!!.There are some seriouus #'s being passed around

and except for a hard luck hard to get to the winners circle guy like moi

they all were cashing tickets for sure. Thanks for trying Rich B ,Speedking , Red and ZAF..

Even our fearless leader PA was there whom I never met before even

though I've been with him for a long time.Nice little computer MIKE..

It was truly my pleasure to meet you all.

Heck I almost got to meet ANDICAP but i couldn't pry him away from his RACING /Black Book LOL.He did come up to bet with 2 min to post!!

Thanks guys for making me feel like part of the TEAM!!!LL PATSY

Maxspa
08-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Grits,
My schedule has been unbelievably busy! I've been in Saratoga 18 days and have only been to the track on three occasions. I didn't even have time to partake in SpeedKing's steak offer! My computer program has produced several winners but my penchant for betting exactas has limited my ROI. unlike you, my top priced winner in the 9th race on Wednesday was $11.40.
Knowing your longshot expertise I would have bet on your double digit winner!
Since I have my dogs with me, I could have suggested the Spa Park for some R+R for your pup! If you are "LUCKY" and I know you are, some SPAC rehersal music could have been heard in the distance.
I'm glad you finally joined the group! They are diversified, competent and fun to interact with!
Max