PDA

View Full Version : Murtha Should be put in his place

JustRalph
08-13-2007, 07:31 PM
http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=/Nation/archive/200707/NAT20070713b.html

For those of you who defended this loud mouth bastard..........what do you have to say now?

The Haditha charges have been dropped. Murtha said this......when commenting on the events

"Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them, and they killed innocent civilians in cold blood," Murtha said, before calling for U.S. troops to be "redeployed" out of the country.

lsbets
08-13-2007, 07:40 PM
He has been called for commet several times recently, and his staff has responded that he will not comment until all the investigations have been completed. So, he was quick to say they were guilty, but isn't even decent enough to apologize to the Marines he accused. I can't believe anyone would still support this scumbag.

Tom
08-13-2007, 08:12 PM
Many scumbags will.

delayjf
08-15-2007, 11:58 AM
He typifies the dirty politician

Tom
08-15-2007, 02:29 PM
He typicfies dirty people. He has no integrity or credibility. He is a moral midget and a disgrace to his uniform. It is too bad you can't court martial them after they get out. His betrayal of these troops is sickening. May the worst of fates befall this POS.

JustRalph
09-18-2007, 10:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMedVWUsSFU

Murtha is confronted on this issue

Video from Sept 18, 07

PaceAdvantage
09-19-2007, 01:02 AM
Now that's a video even o0xst! can be proud of!

o0xst!
09-19-2007, 02:18 AM
Why, because he is nowhere near as smooth as I am?!?!??!

cQlUxbkVdfU

I like the claim the fat kid makes "...in the process of being dismissed..."

lets stay tuned...

Now that's a video even o0xst! can be proud of!

DanG
09-19-2007, 08:11 AM
For those of you who defended this loud mouth bastard..........what do you have to say now?

Should Murtha have said this publicly and in the manner he did? In my opinion no, but the right is going WAY over the line bashing this man imo.

[Editorial]

1st; let’s not lose sight of the honor he has served our nation with. A self made man that was highly decorated and wounded in combat. His service to our nation seems to stand in stark contrast to our last two administrations whose use of our military is highly debatable.

2nd; Atrocities in war are not only possible…they are inevitable. That grows exponentially when circumstances involve house to house urban warfare. Throw in a foreign land, language, lack of interpreters, under-trained National Guard and customs that we know so little of and you have a recipe for disaster.

3rd; Individual atrocities are the responsibility of the individual soldier, but it is ultimately the responsibility of leadership to place combat troops in situations that reflect their training. The last two administrations have committed a fatal flaw of asking soldiers to execute police actions. Clinton had our military virtually delivering pizza for goodness sakes!

I’m not defending Murtha’s specific comments but rather trying to place them in perspective. If we called for the head of every elected official who made a dumb statement this administration for example would resemble a Adam’s family doll.

Everyone has their own take on issues. The attacks I read in off-topic by the right on men like Murtha / Powell etc just ring hollow to me; especially in light of the lack of service many elected arrow slingers have recently represented.

lsbets
09-19-2007, 10:12 AM
I have to tell you Dan, Murtha's comments were despicable and irresponsible, and in the opinion of many folks I know in the military outweigh his past service. He made public statements about men who had not had their day in court for no reason other than advancing his own political position. When the facts came out contrary to what Murtha said, he did not apologize or retract. While I value and treasure the 1st amendment, freedom also comes with responsibility, especially from our so called leaders. When blanket statements are made like Murtha's which say our troops are cold blooded killers, those statements are used by our enemies as propoganda to advance their cause. At the very least Murtha's comments were irresponsible, and the old fool allowed himself to be used for propoganda by the same guys who are shooting at our servicemen.

Aside from that, if you look at Murtha's career since he was elected, he is as slimy and corrupt as a politician gets. Duke Cunningham did not get a pass on his actions because of his past service, and Murtha should not get a pass either. Whatever he may have been, the man is now nothing but a pitiful old fool better suited for the senility ward in an old folks home than for the halls of Congress.

DanG
09-19-2007, 10:41 AM
I have to tell you Dan, Murtha's comments were despicable and irresponsible, and in the opinion of many folks I know in the military outweigh his past service. He made public statements about men who had not had their day in court for no reason other than advancing his own political position. When the facts came out contrary to what Murtha said, he did not apologize or retract. While I value and treasure the 1st amendment, freedom also comes with responsibility, especially from our so called leaders. When blanket statements are made like Murtha's which say our troops are cold blooded killers, those statements are used by our enemies as propoganda to advance their cause. At the very least Murtha's comments were irresponsible, and the old fool allowed himself to be used for propoganda by the same guys who are shooting at our servicemen.

Aside from that, if you look at Murtha's career since he was elected, he is as slimy and corrupt as a politician gets. Duke Cunningham did not get a pass on his actions because of his past service, and Murtha should not get a pass either. Whatever he may have been, the man is now nothing but a pitiful old fool better suited for the senility ward in an old folks home than for the halls of Congress.
I respect your opinion and I agree it was foolish and irresponsible to air it in public.

He may be going senile for all I know, I honestly don’t pay close attention to elected officials statements. When I first heard it and then his attempt at a back-peddle he tried to put it in context. It’s the position you put young men in that causes atrocities was his attempt as an out as I understand it.

Short story told to me by my uncle…

A close friend of the family is now on his 3rd tour. He was writing a relative and describing some of the young men’s mindset he commands. (He’s about 42yo).

He described a routine patrol at 2:00am when they where fired upon. They engaged and after the live rounds stopped they went house to house searching for the assailants. One house they came upon was a family they awoke and a national guard was shot by the family’s father. This word spread like wild-fire through the unit and it was all David could do to keep these very young men from tearing this town to pieces.

Murtha…:rolleyes: Fill in the blank of so many elected officials, I don’t give them the time of day. I just hate isolated public servants / pundits allowing the real issues from being discussed in a constructive way. Thanks to the 24-hour news cycle and partisan networks we get mired in these single sentences / incidents and lose sight of the big picture IMHO.

Let’s not kid ourselves…Murtha’s comments where for political gain…Murtha’s attackers seek political gain…and so it goes…and goes…and goes as serious issues go unresolved.

BTW: I think I remember reading you have served our nation IsBets; if so; thank you for representing all of us. :ThmbUp: If not…either way…thanks for the interesting dialogue! :)

NoDayJob
09-19-2007, 12:47 PM
And he was a Marine? Semper Fidelis!

DanG
09-19-2007, 01:24 PM
And he was a Marine? Semper Fidelis!
Correction…”IS” a Marine.

Tom
09-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Amoung other things.
As a former marine, he should realize that when he fires, others will fire back.
Holster that weapon.

JustRalph
09-19-2007, 03:05 PM
Correction…”IS” a Marine.

:lol: They always are............once and always.............

NoDayJob
09-19-2007, 06:39 PM
:lol: They always are............once and always.............

Agreed! However, he's disgraced our military by his comments. Was his DD214 ever released? Just curious.

JustRalph
06-05-2008, 04:10 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/GCA-GCA-iraq/idUSN0426498320080605?pageNumber=2&virtualBrandChannel=0

Marine acquitted in Haditha deaths
Thu Jun 5, 2008 12:41am

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A U.S. Marine officer was acquitted by a military jury on Wednesday on charges he tried to cover up the shooting deaths of two dozen unarmed Iraqi men, women and children at Haditha in 2005.

In the first court-martial verdict from the high-profile case, Lt. Andrew Grayson was cleared at Camp Pendleton, California, after a five-day trial and less than half a day of deliberations by the jury.

Grayson, an intelligence officer, was not present when the 24 Iraqi civilians were shot to death near the scene of a roadside bombing at Haditha on November 19, 2005.

~more at the link~

Tom
06-05-2008, 07:41 AM
Has Mutha apologized yet?:rolleyes:

JustRalph
09-25-2008, 03:36 PM
http://kdka.com/local/Marine.Murtha.Slander.2.825039.html

Marine Plans To File Slander Suit Against Murtha
WASHINGTON, PA (KDKA) ― A local Marine cleared in the deaths of civilians in Iraq says Congressman John Murtha made public comments that were unproven, untrue and unfair.

Now, Lance Corporal Justin Sharratt is planning to file suit in federal court against Murtha on Thursday morning.

The suit accuses the congressman of slander and violating the Marine's right to a fair trial and due process.

Sharratt was one of eight Marines charged after 24 Iraqi civilians were killed in Haditha. He was charged with three counts of unpremeditated murder.

It's alleged in the lawsuit that before the outcome of the case, Congressman Murtha made slanderous comments.

skate
09-25-2008, 06:59 PM
What's a MurthaWortha?

What was the bill she issued, withdraw troops or something similar, they all voted against the slob 490-0, even the janitor voted against her.

JustRalph
01-23-2012, 04:28 PM
http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=/Nation/archive/200707/NAT20070713b.html

The Haditha charges have been dropped. Murtha said this......when commenting on the events

"Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them, and they killed innocent civilians in cold blood," Murtha said, before calling for U.S. troops to be "redeployed" out of the country.

The last Haditha case has been put to bed. With minor charges.
http://old.news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20120123/us_nm/us_marine_haditha

delayjf
01-23-2012, 05:41 PM
About all that can be done now is to take a crap on his grave. But many of my Marine buddies are saving 1st honors for Hanoi Jane. I guess he could get some action for the place:ThmbUp:

boxcar
01-23-2012, 06:08 PM
He typicfies dirty people. He has no integrity or credibility. He is a moral midget and a disgrace to his uniform. It is too bad you can't court martial them after they get out. His betrayal of these troops is sickening. May the worst of fates befall this POS.

This is why appealing to one's military uniform is never the acid test for proving patriotism or even character. Human beings are human beings with or without uniforms.

Boxcar

Dave Schwartz
01-23-2012, 06:17 PM
About all that can be done now is to take a crap on his grave. But many of my Marine buddies are saving 1st honors for Hanoi Jane. I guess he could get some action for the place

Seriously, that is hard to forget, isn't it? The word "traitor" just jumps into my head whenever I hear her name.

I still think of her that way every time I see her even though she has apologized.

Tom
01-23-2012, 10:32 PM
Jeff, that crap you take will be the best think in that plot of ground.
I hope he burns in Hell.

thaskalos
01-23-2012, 11:42 PM
The last Haditha case has been put to bed. With minor charges.
http://old.news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20120123/us_nm/us_marine_haditha

Three months confinement, for accepting responsibility for the deaths of 24 innocent civilians...including women and children.

That sounds about right...:rolleyes:

JustRalph
01-24-2012, 07:56 AM
Three months confinement, for accepting responsibility for the deaths of 24 innocent civilians...including women and children.

That sounds about right...:rolleyes:

It's a tacit, politically correct way of saying the exact opposite.

That's the point they are making