PDA

View Full Version : Delaware park

rolling
08-12-2007, 08:42 PM
I will be playing delaware any bias to look for.

Ray
08-12-2007, 09:03 PM
inside speed!

Edward DeVere
08-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Ditto on the inside speed. Also, shippers frequently have more difficulty than at other tracks. Kind of like Calder that way.

PittsburghPhil
08-13-2007, 07:21 AM
Ditto on the inside speed. Also, shippers frequently have more difficulty than at other tracks. Kind of like Calder that way.

When most of the shippers are coming from Pen, Pha, Pim, Lrl, Cnl, and CT, is that shocking?

Kelso
08-13-2007, 09:36 PM
When most of the shippers are coming from Pen, Pha, Pim, Lrl, Cnl, and CT, is that shocking?

Are the Maryland and Virginia stables not so strong, in general?

Thank you.

Edward DeVere
08-13-2007, 11:48 PM

I was referring to well-regarded shippers, which would be more likely to come from tracks other than the ones you mention. Pletcher tore Delaware up last year with his horses stabled there. This year, with no stalls? Eh, not so much.

I'm hardly the first person to make this observation. Some tracks it really helps to have a race, or extensive training, over the track. Del Mar, with its new surface, is definitely like that. Did you sell all those wobbly horses in the stretch the first two weeks? Now that the meet is several weeks old, that wobbling has been greatly reduced. I wouldn't want to be the horse coming in from the outside that now has to face much fitter horses.