PDA

View Full Version : I love a horse tomorrow

cees with dees
08-12-2007, 03:51 PM
In the 7th race at Saratoga, the 9, El Medwar. Talk about a horse with excuses.
First start was polytoss. Then, they stretched him out off of one sprint, something I detest, and he dueled through very fast fractions, and yes, the track was very fast that day but the fractions were still quick, and he weakened very late for 4th beaten less than 7 lengths.
Next two starts were duels in turf sprints.
Tomorrow, gets a great post for 7f. Mud calks will be on for only the second time in this ones career and he can either go right to the top or let the inside things rush up and then blow them away entering the turn.
As long as the calks go back on, I think this horse is winning by many lengths tomorrow. He'll be the start and key of any pick 4 I make but if I get anything near the 8-1 morning line, I won't bother with any exotics at all.
Another horse worth a play earlier in the card. Race 5. Kevazinga meets state-breds for the first time and there is some hidden ability in those lines. Love the cutback off of the outside turf pace pressing effort.
This one should be coming like Forego in the lane.
As far as the turf races go, Dr. D's Archangel has a big shot if J J can give him a ground saving trip. has a pretty good class edge on this field but the Spa turf turns have left many a victim in their wake.
Lastly, in the last, Loushe, if he can use that rating gear he seems to have turf sprinting, and transfer it to a route, he'll be murder in the finale and love this T/J combo.
Good luck and have fun.
Ben

Bill Olmsted
08-12-2007, 04:41 PM
1. Think twice about El Medwar.
2. This horse looks like a rat, a low-rent quitter.
3. Some horses can excuse themselves out of winning indefinitely until they are dropped to the proper level.

IRISHLADSTABLE
08-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Ben,
I like El Medwar too, Going with 9/3,10 Ex Part Wheel
and a 3-10 Ex Box and a Tri Box 3/9/10 a nice size WIN BET.
See you in the Winners Circle

Jimmy

the_fat_man
08-12-2007, 10:27 PM

I'm with the rocker on this one.

bellsbendboy
08-13-2007, 01:00 PM
CHEROKEE FLARE adds the hood and worked very sharp after scratching out of a six furlong heat two weeks ago. Prior to that he worked well with a multiple stakeswinning stablemate. He's certainly bred right and the one to beat. Joppa's Flats looks second best.

cees with dees
08-13-2007, 02:20 PM
2. This horse looks like a rat, a low-rent quitter.
3. Some horses can excuse themselves out of winning indefinitely until they are dropped to the proper level.

Like I said, he's only had one shot on fast dirt and that was by far his best race of his career.
The fact that McLaughlin doesn't put him in for a tag inspires even more confidence and bottom line, at least if I go down, it'll be at a good price.
To call him a rat and a low rent quitter is a bit harsh off of one race especially when he raced great that day.
A couple of hours will tell the tale.
Must go check the paddock for the 2 here. If he looks okay, he's the first part of a round robin for me.
Good luck,
Ben

cees with dees
08-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Not happy with the 2 coming back with front bandages off the layoff. No drop but trainer is far from trustworthy and can't take the short price.
Il Postos Bambina looks terrific as does Go Native. The 3 may get very loose and alone so going to sit out this puzzle.

the_fat_man
08-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Not happy with the 2 coming back with front bandages off the layoff. No drop but trainer is far from trustworthy and can't take the short price.
Il Postos Bambina looks terrific as does Go Native. The 3 may get very loose and alone so going to sit out this puzzle.

That's the way to save some money. This is very tricky turf.

cees with dees
08-13-2007, 03:00 PM
First bet of the day for me.

Mud Calks on Jabeesh while going back up to specials. Don't think he's good enough to beat the 7 but will make a tri play keying him under.

Ex Box 4/7

Tri 7/4/All 7/All/4

Tom
08-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Il Posto cost me money in here. I was afraid he would be too far back, but then again, I didn't see anythign in here that looked real tough. Grrrr.

Tom
08-13-2007, 03:06 PM
I'll go with 3 Show Me How in the 5th - field of proven losers, take the early speed.

cees with dees
08-13-2007, 03:15 PM
John Nerud has to be 100 years old or very close to it.

When I was a child going to the track with my dad, Jan Nerud was a big name amongst the trainers. Thats 30 years ago and Jan is Johns son.

Love to know what water they drink.

Tom
08-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Spa water!

Tom
08-13-2007, 03:34 PM
R6

2-5-9 are the contenders.
I like the 2 best.

Tee
08-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Tom,

I'll take the 9 Prince Rahy.

R6

I like the 2 best.

BillW
08-13-2007, 03:42 PM
R6

I like the 2 best.

I'm gonna hold you to it!

When will you be up?

5 here BTW

Tom
08-13-2007, 03:42 PM
Good luck!

cees with dees
08-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Well, if my horse runs like he looks, they're racing for second money.

I'm making a good win place bet. 6-1 is good enough that I don't need exotics.

Wire to window. I hope.

See you all tomorrow.

Ben

boomman
08-13-2007, 04:25 PM
In the 7th race at Saratoga, the 9, El Medwar. Talk about a horse with excuses.
First start was polytoss. Then, they stretched him out off of one sprint, something I detest, and he dueled through very fast fractions, and yes, the track was very fast that day but the fractions were still quick, and he weakened very late for 4th beaten less than 7 lengths.
Next two starts were duels in turf sprints.
Tomorrow, gets a great post for 7f. Mud calks will be on for only the second time in this ones career and he can either go right to the top or let the inside things rush up and then blow them away entering the turn.
As long as the calks go back on, I think this horse is winning by many lengths tomorrow. He'll be the start and key of any pick 4 I make but if I get anything near the 8-1 morning line, I won't bother with any exotics at all.
Another horse worth a play earlier in the card. Race 5. Kevazinga meets state-breds for the first time and there is some hidden ability in those lines. Love the cutback off of the outside turf pace pressing effort.
This one should be coming like Forego in the lane.
As far as the turf races go, Dr. D's Archangel has a big shot if J J can give him a ground saving trip. has a pretty good class edge on this field but the Spa turf turns have left many a victim in their wake.
Lastly, in the last, Loushe, if he can use that rating gear he seems to have turf sprinting, and transfer it to a route, he'll be murder in the finale and love this T/J combo.
Good luck and have fun.
Ben

Ben: Might have been best....stumbled at the break, then 7 wide on turn, made a big run before fading late-thought this guy could ride a little, but not so sure after that fiasco!

Boomer

Tom
08-13-2007, 04:45 PM
R8 looks like a speed duel will set it up.....for the faorite!
3 looks real good, but 5-2 don't pay for the beer.
Reminds me of the inner track in the dismal middle of winter.

Looks like I picked a really good day NOT to go to the SPA. I thought it looked bad when I downloaded it - not something to drive 4 hours to witness live!

kenwoodallpromos
08-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Ben: Might have been best....stumbled at the break, then 7 wide on turn, made a big run before fading late-thought this guy could ride a little, but not so sure after that fiasco!

Boomer
If the horse stumblesd at the break, why didn't the jockey just save ground instead of going 7 wide? Sounds silly to me! Or was it just running wide with no one inside if it?

kenwoodallpromos
08-13-2007, 05:35 PM

Boomer
If the horse stumblesd at the break, why didn't the jockey just save ground instead of going 7 wide? Sounds silly to me! Or was it just running wide with no one inside if it? At the 1/2 it was 1/2 behind the winner then lost 7 1/4 lengths to that horse.

boomman
08-13-2007, 05:42 PM
If the horse stumblesd at the break, why didn't the jockey just save ground instead of going 7 wide? Sounds silly to me! Or was it just running wide with no one inside if it?

ken:That seems like a fair question! Certainly not one of Alan Garcia's better efforts! Boomer

cees with dees
08-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Once the horse blew the start his chances were minimalized quite a bit and I think Garcia just did the best he could.

I'm hoping for a return either at SAratoga going 1 1/8th with an inside post or back at Belmont in a similar scenario as this one.

I'm not giving up on him yet but must be the controlling speed for me to play again.

Ben

the_fat_man
08-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Once the horse blew the start his chances were minimalized quite a bit and I think Garcia just did the best he could.

I'm hoping for a return either at SAratoga going 1 1/8th with an inside post or back at Belmont in a similar scenario as this one.

I'm not giving up on him yet but must be the controlling speed for me to play again.

Ben

Realistically, let's assume the horse breaks. At best, then, it gets involved in the pace (with the 8 and the 1) and finishes worse than it did by stumbling (and getting bothered later on the backside when there was a domino effect of horses coming out.)

There seemed to be some kind of wiseguy frenzy about this horse yesterday. I turned on the OTB channel early in the day and Pricci is giving him out. Then both experts on the Siro's show loved him, and even Serling (who was moderating) liked him as well. And let's not forget BLEWit.

I think you hit it on the head, this time, however: he needs a weak field where he can control the pace.

Of course, those thinking that the stumble cost him the race should take him back under any circumstances and bet their lungs.