PDA

View Full Version : Sunday's BridgeJumper (BJ) Special

Bill Olmsted
08-12-2007, 01:20 PM
SARATOGA, R. 4, #3

#3 POSTED graduated by 13+ lengths just missing BEL's 6.5f record by a few ticks (111 Beyer). Not bad for a 4yo gelded statey making its 2nd career start.

No value to win or place as expected payoffs are likely to be:

2.30 2.10 2.10

Bet a million bucks to show and pick up a quick 50k!

("use the offshorse accounts....and keep it quiet.")

B :)

098poi
08-12-2007, 02:45 PM
He won easily. I don't have the million so I didn't bet. Did you see the way his head was kind of turned sideways coming down the stretch?

DanG
08-12-2007, 02:50 PM
SARATOGA, R. 4, #3

#3 POSTED graduated by 13+ lengths just missing BEL's 6.5f record by a few ticks (111 Beyer). Not bad for a 4yo gelded statey making its 2nd career start.

No value to win or place as expected payoffs are likely to be:

2.30 2.10 2.10

Bet a million bucks to show and pick up a quick 50k!

("use the offshorse accounts....and keep it quiet.")

Ask for small unmarked bills…Bill…;) :ThmbUp:

Side note, which has nothing to do with today’s 50k score; :cool: At 1:21 and change the fig, should come back good to go with his monster # down state. ANY legitimate early heat in his next start (especially if he tries open company) he is a major bet against for me.

3rd start in Aug. of his 4th year on the planet is an obvious red flag, but this animal was not sound IMO coming home and he has gotten away with lack of pace murder in his two good numbers.

Bill Olmsted
08-12-2007, 02:55 PM
You could be right about that Dan.
You could be right...
B;)

Bill Olmsted
08-12-2007, 04:12 PM
He won easily. I don't have the million so I didn't bet. Did you see the way his head was kind of turned sideways coming down the stretch?

Check. As Dan pointed out, the pace numbers were soft. And it looks like something is wrong physically. If POINTED has to face honest pressure on the front end next time and goes against open company, I would seriously consider betting against. That is one of the reasons this game is so great. Like the stock market you can go either long or short.

Bill Olmsted
08-12-2007, 05:16 PM
A Caveat...

Even though the 1/2m fraction was lame (46.2) the 6f time was fast(1:09.35) and the final time of 1:21.7 is serious. Just because the pace was soft doesn't mean that the horse got away with murder. It could be that the connections knew that they could dominate early without burning the horse up on the front end. Why push it if you don't have to? I don't really know.

Since I don't look at replays I can't comment on the trip. But I'll take your word for it. In any case, the next race should be interesting.

"I only use kindness when my gun fails."