PDA

View Full Version : Mohawk, Race 6

falconridge
08-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Hope someone's watching. Western Shore, with a good trip, is more than good enough to beat these--at a square price. Hurry up, and good luck.:ThmbUp: :)

falconridge
08-11-2007, 11:25 PM
It's been a long time between drinks for #7, Keystone Mystery, but he was once good enough to walk this beat. Tonight's heat marks his second start back after a few weeks off, during which time owner/trainer Barry Drury may have done a little tinkering. I may be all wrong (fancy that!), but double-digit odds with ten minutes to post make him an intriguing enough possibility for the undersigned. Good luck!:ThmbUp: :)

--Falconridge Seelster
Jumpin' it off at Mohawk

TimesTheyRAChangin
08-12-2007, 07:08 AM
FR,
The bigger ? is did you catch the nice $43.20 on Northern Trail's nose victory?
TTRAC

falconridge
08-12-2007, 01:40 PM
FR,
The bigger ? is did you catch the nice $43.20 on Northern Trail's nose victory?
TTRAC
I appreciate your asking, TTRAC. The short answer is, yes. The longer, infinitely sadder story is that the winning wager on the Mike Brealey-trained sidewheeler was my smallest of the day, the week, the month. After a succession of tough beats (including a DQ on Roger Stein's 10.60-1 much-the-best winner of the Del Mar nightcap the other day :mad: , and a number of sure-to-have-won standardbreds that jumped it off at critical stages, and getting shut out on a 42-1 shot at the Big M and on the 47.60-1 Ed Hensley-driven Heart of Trust at Hawthorne last Sunday :bang: ), I had little ammunition left by the time Northern Trail went postward at Campbellville. I really wanted to tout NT again in this forum, but after Western Shore proved to be not quite good enough following his perfect trip in the previous heat :blush: , I thought I'd damaged enough bankrolls--and undermined my own credibility on PA quite enough, thank you.

Anyway, as regards Northern Trail, hope ya had 'im ... at a NICE PRICE (all due acknowledgment--and apologies--to Tony Calo).

--falconridge
pocket sitting, sulky, and (at least!) single-shafted