PDA

View Full Version : Now I've seen everything (Stewards at it again)

Bob G
08-10-2007, 08:52 PM
To start with, I had zero money on this race, unlike the screw job I got at Arlington Park.

In the fourth race, #4 came over and almost knocked #3 over at the start of the race. In the stretch, the horse came over into the path of #1, who was trying to come back on the inside, forcing the rider to steady the horse.

No disqualification. The stewards ruled that while #4 came over into #3 at the start of the race, #2 was responsible for more of the interference. In other words, it's okay to slam into a horse and almost knock it over, as long as another horse slammed the same horse harder. The stewards also ruled that while #4 did cut off #1 in the stretch, it didn't affect the outcome. All it did was take away #1's chance to fight on in the stretch, lose all momentum, and ensure he had no chance to win.

I rarely get worked up over a race that I don't have a bet on, but this one takes the cake as the worst decision I've seen this year.

JimmyQ
08-11-2007, 12:47 AM
To start with, I had zero money on this race, unlike the screw job I got at Arlington Park.

In the fourth race, #4 came over and almost knocked #3 over at the start of the race. In the stretch, the horse came over into the path of #1, who was trying to come back on the inside, forcing the rider to steady the horse.

No disqualification. The stewards ruled that while #4 came over into #3 at the start of the race, #2 was responsible for more of the interference. In other words, it's okay to slam into a horse and almost knock it over, as long as another horse slammed the same horse harder. The stewards also ruled that while #4 did cut off #1 in the stretch, it didn't affect the outcome. All it did was take away #1's chance to fight on in the stretch, lose all momentum, and ensure he had no chance to win.

I rarely get worked up over a race that I don't have a bet on, but this one takes the cake as the worst decision I've seen this year.

Bob...these stewards are showing by the day how big of losers they are.....that was a joke....if I'm riding the 1 then I just hold my horse and finish 3rd and then they take the 4 down b/c I wasn't able to finish 2nd.....what a joke!! I hope they read this board and realize they are the biggest piece of $hits in horse racing

JimmyQ

Bob G
08-11-2007, 07:32 PM
The 12th at AP was another example. This time the cheats helped me. I had a tip on the winner, #3. Coming into the stretch, #9 was on a roll and would have given the winner a run for the money in the stretch. I don't know if it would have won, but he was going past #7 at the time. #7 shoved #9 over two paths and behind another horse, killing his momentum and chances. Even Dooley noted that #7 was racing greenly. #7 then went on to finish second, and #9 got enough momentum back to finish third.

A DQ wouldn't have affected my horse, but no difference. No inquiry, and nobody was given enough time to object. The race was official 30 seconds after the last horse crossed the line.

gIracing
08-11-2007, 08:09 PM
in other words

"the offical ruling is, that this requires the stewards actually doing work which isn't going to happen, so the results stand"