PDA

View Full Version : A Serling's Show on YouBet

the_fat_man
08-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Nice analysis of the ARlington turf races (8/11) by Serling and (his guest) Steve Crist.

Online at (http://www.youbet.com/playingtowin/)

Good Job

the little guy
08-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Thanks.

bigmack
08-10-2007, 09:22 PM
tlg - In regards to your take on Prom Party; I guess ground loss is ground loss irrespective of where it occurs in the grand scheme of things but am I wrong for giving more weight to a late loss than that of an early when there is less gas in the tank. Would be interested to hear your take.

Nice job on the shoe.

cj
08-10-2007, 09:41 PM
I think I know where Andy stands on ground loss, but I'll let him address that. I would say ground loss is most important when horses are running the fastest.

On turf, that is usually late, while on dirt, it is usually early. But to know for a specific race, you need good pace and final time ratings. Just my two cents.

classhandicapper
08-11-2007, 10:34 AM
Watch the races develop. If the outside horses are extending themselves to keep up with or gain on the inside horses then the ground loss is probably significant. If the are loafing and keeping up, it's probably less of an issue. Of course it helps to be somewhat familar with the horses also so you know if the outside horses are inferior/superior etc...

It seems to vary from track to track based on the sharpness of the turns, daily track bias, pace at the time of the ground loss, probably how the turns are banked etc...

I don't think you can measure these kinds of things very well without watching the races on that specific day and by being generally familiar with the track and horses.

I don't think there is a formula.

the_fat_man
08-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Just caught the Siro's show with Serling and Crist breaking down today's SAR card.

Always nice to hear the opinions of other trip handicappers (Searling).

Definitely a learning experience.

Wish there were something like that happening on this board (with daily analysis of races).

P.S. NYRA really needs to SERIOUSLY think about replacing (one of both of ) the 2 clowns they have doing the daily breakdown of races with Serling (or someone equally competent).

Onion Monster
08-11-2007, 04:36 PM
Muchas gracias "El Hombre Gordo."

Nice analysis. They already nailed the winner of the Secretariat Stakes at a decent price (9-2). It wasn't one of those wishy-washy calls either, they both had Shamdinan as a single in their Pick 3 tickets.

PaceAdvantage
08-12-2007, 02:13 AM
P.S. NYRA really needs to SERIOUSLY think about replacing (one of both of ) the 2 clowns they have doing the daily breakdown of races with Serling (or someone equally competent).

Andy's been there, done that.....

Indulto
08-12-2007, 07:00 PM
DT interviews a relaxed tlg at Saratoga:

Hour 3 (http://www.thoroughbredracingradionetwork.com/stream/7.23.07c.mp3)

Every ATRAB segment should be this enjoyable and informative. :ThmbUp:

DrugS
08-13-2007, 06:09 PM
Christ and Sterling are the greatest in tandem!