PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember?

098poi
08-10-2007, 06:30 AM
I remember reading about a man arrested in England for shooting a horse in the eye with a laser pen :mad: (or something) in an effort to influence the race. I think it was in the last couple of years. I can't find it on the web, any links would be helpful. Thanks

Ron
08-10-2007, 08:38 AM
Can you actually shoot something with a laser pen or is it just a pointing device?

098poi
08-10-2007, 06:14 PM
I think it was a pen or some sort of laser aimed at the horses eye to spook him coming down the stretch. Not like a ray gun. Aiming a laser pointer into someone elses eye is a bad idea.

DJofSD
08-10-2007, 07:04 PM
I have a slight recollection of something happening during the running of a race on the other side of the pond. It might have been 10 years ago.

betovernetcapper
08-10-2007, 10:28 PM
I remember something like this but I thought it was some kind of sound gun-like a very high pitch that would spook the horse.

PaceAdvantage
08-11-2007, 01:16 AM
Can you actually shoot something with a laser pen or is it just a pointing device?

I remember a few years ago people being arrested for trying to shoot laser beams into the cockpits of airliners in some sort of terrorism-related plot to temporarily blind the pilots....

So, I suppose it would be a piece of cake to stand on the apron and point at the horses running only a few feet away....