PDA

View Full Version : Ciros - funny guys

jognlope
08-09-2007, 10:49 AM
If you get channel 12 OTB you can watch the panel at Ciro's, the older gentleman with a voice like Woody Allen.

Introducing "little Andy" just now (don't know Andy's actualy name), he says "The gentleman on my left needs no introduction (pause) ... that's because nobody wants to meet him."

Then last week this older fellow, can't ever catch his name! said he had a police report about little Andy throwing a temper tantrum after a race ....

Anyway, the guy is about as funny as they get, wonder if he actually did any comedy work.

Ron
08-09-2007, 10:51 AM
It's Siro's by the way and I believe Andy is active on this board.

jognlope
08-09-2007, 10:58 AM
Well I love Andy he is so cool!!! Love watcing them every day!!

Milleruszk
08-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Why do I think that this is some kind of put-on?

jognlope
08-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Ok I am so out of here. Practically every response is sarcastic or nontrusting. This is definitely a guy forum, but no I'm not kidding I really like Andy and the Siros' group. I'm a gal so I use the term "love" loosely. This society has become strewn with a horrible strain of sarcasm and actually, fear. An age of TMI I guess. UGH!

Tom
08-09-2007, 01:22 PM
"The Little Guy" here is Andy.
Yes, he has a good sense of humor.:ThmbUp:

toetoe
08-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Jog,

Andy is carrying on the great tradition of the Catskills comics. Y'know, Myron Cohen, Jan Murray, Alan King et al. They perfected the art of "tummling." "To tumml" has been modified by Andy, who nowadays "serls." So by all means, tune in to watch Andy serling.

Hey, that was under 50 words. :jump:

Edward DeVere
08-10-2007, 01:14 AM
Jog'N'Lope - The moderator is Harvey Pack, a legendary name in New York racing. You can Google him and get a million hits.

He has a new book out. I haven't read it, but I'm quite sure it's filled with great stories and great characters.

Okay, back to my regularly scheduled sarcasm - I stand guilty as charged.

jognlope
08-10-2007, 10:52 AM
I was out of nicotine gum yesterday. A forum is supposed to be a little sarcastic .... :) I have my 20 something riding forum with a million or more messages on collection, getting the right lead and horse not standing still for mounting, so I'm covered there, and have my 40 something mostly gals racing forum, so I'm covered.