PDA

View Full Version : Arlington on HRTV and off of TVG...

NoCal Boy
08-08-2007, 11:44 PM
First day OSW handle was down from $2.8MM to a bit under $2MM.

The question is not what the revenues are because Arlington is now getting a higher host fee, but what would revenues be if TVG, Youbet and PTC also had access to Arlington along with HRTV and the affiliated ADW's.

The horsemen are not stupid. Shutting out ADW's costs revenues to horsemen by lost handle that is not being picked up by the existing ADW's under TrackNet.

Arlington will be Exhibit A for horsemen very soon.

NoCal Boy
08-08-2007, 11:49 PM
sorry. It went down year over year from $3.8MM to a bit under $3MM. Last week to this week was down about $500K.

One day is not a trend, but what a shame there is any decline at all.

gIracing
08-09-2007, 06:01 PM
why?

it's addition by subtraction

if I can get higher host fees and actually turn a larger PROFIT..something that is in dying need in the horse racing game.. it's a shrewd business decision

I honestly think... that half the bitching about HRTV goes on because everyone is too damn cheap to swich to Dish network. Every horse racing fan should have dish network.

Instead of watching 405 for arlington..which I didn't do anyway because i hate TVG most days.. I am on 404.. not that big a difference for me.

trigger
08-09-2007, 06:42 PM
NoCal Boy]First day OSW handle was down from $2.8MM to a bit under $2MM.[/b]

The question is not what the revenues are because Arlington is now getting a higher host fee, but what would revenues be if TVG, Youbet and PTC also had access to Arlington along with HRTV and the affiliated ADW's.

The horsemen are not stupid. Shutting out ADW's costs revenues to horsemen by lost handle that is not being picked up by the existing ADW's under TrackNet.

Arlington will be Exhibit A for horsemen very soon.

HRTV wins by $135k Friday vs Friday(OSW 3,610,000vs 3,476,000)

NoCal Boy
08-09-2007, 11:10 PM
FWIW, Arlington OSW down close to $500K today versus same Thursday in 2006.

I agree that the signal fee increase is good and warranted, but why not ALSO sell the signal at 7-8% to Youbet, PTC and others?

This is the issue, not the increase in signal fee. No reasonable minded person would say that the signal fee should stay at TVG rates.

TrackNet is screwing the horsemen out of revenues by limiting the distribution for their own benefit. More handle at 7-8% means more revenues for horsemen plain and simple. But the Louisiana horsemen and TOC among others are likely to step up very soon.

Ray
08-09-2007, 11:20 PM
they said there were going to be something getting worse before they got better so far they are right but i think the whole thing will work out the eventual goal is ( or should be) the elimination of exclusive contracts the worst thing that could have ever happened the the world of horse racing. I switched the dishnet i had to sacrifice something I love though > the NFL sunday ticket which is a big loss for me as much as i miss that i still feel like i made the right choice.

gIracing
08-10-2007, 01:12 AM
I'm a big college football fan but I'm a bigger horse racing fan. it wasn't even a tough decision. I don't know what I would do now with out dish network.