PDA

View Full Version : kiss those toasters goodbye

trigger
08-08-2007, 06:15 PM
"After a 5.8% revenue drop in the second quarter compared with last year’s second quarter, Youbet.com Inc. plans $5-million in cost-cutting measures for the second half of the year.

Included in the cuts will be a $525,000 reduction in the company’s customer rewards program."

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2007/August/07/Youbet.com-plans-cuts-after-revenue-drop.aspx

Tom
08-08-2007, 06:22 PM
What an ingenious marketing strategy.....revenues are down, so piss off those who provide the cash!

Maybe it would pay to look in the managment ranks and see how much deadwood is drifting towards retirement in the corporate towers.

Dan H
08-08-2007, 06:50 PM
This may explain why I am not getting the $50.00 Join Up bonus they promised - despite meeting all the requirements. I get "we'll tell accounting" on the phone and "no response" to my latest email query.

HorseRun
08-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Now we can stay on hold for 2 hours instead of one, to get Customer Service

Tom
08-08-2007, 08:29 PM
This may explain why I am not getting the $50.00 Join Up bonus they promised - despite meeting all the requirements. I get "we'll tell accounting" on the phone and "no response" to my latest email query.

Time for a class-action lawsuit for fraud?

Edward DeVere
08-10-2007, 01:19 AM
I don't suppose there's any way to find out the distribution of the cuts in the customer rewards program, between IRG customers and non-IRG customers.

Dan H
08-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Cannot answer the question above from Edward, but the lady at Player Services at YouBet said today they just shifted their operation to Curacao and any prior email or phone queries in the last two weeks may have gotten lost in the move. Sheesh.