View Full Version : Saratoga Wednesday

Uncle Clyde
08-07-2007, 11:37 PM
Race 1 - #8 Are We Dreamin
Race 3 - #4 Crossword
Race 4 - #3 Valentina's Grace
Race 5 - #1 Astronomia (NZ)
Race 7 - #9 Only a Vision

Del Mar and other tracks on my website. No charge.

shamrock
08-08-2007, 06:59 AM
gl. is that you on your website.

shamrock.

abe
08-08-2007, 11:51 AM
I like Full Charge and Pick Off in the sixth. :cool:

TriSuper
08-08-2007, 01:25 PM
My late Double for Wednesday at the SPA.

8th- #8 LOGIC WAY- steadied a bit around the far turn and in some traffic down the lane until late. Had to re-rally and was coming on late as the outside runners had the jump.

9th- #6 TETON- long layoff with decent works. Looking for a rail ride from Borel.

Have fun.

TS

the_fat_man
08-08-2007, 01:33 PM
My late Double for Wednesday at the SPA.

8th- #8 LOGIC WAY- steadied a bit around the far turn and in some traffic down the lane until late. Had to re-rally and was coming on late as the outside runners had the jump.

9th- #6 TETON- long layoff with decent works. Looking for a rail ride from Borel.

Have fun.

TS

Assuming Thunderestimate takes to the off turf, do you really think Logic Way can beat him? I suppose you're expecting him to suck up inside AGAIN and run after all the others have. Think that trip gets it done against these?

Ron
08-08-2007, 01:35 PM
I got an email from Karakorum this morning when Flirty made the field in race #9. They seem to think she can wire this field but I think she's in way over her head.

Ron
08-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Assuming Thunderestimate takes to the off turf, do you really think Logic Way can beat him? I suppose you're expecting him to suck up inside AGAIN and run after all the others have. Think that trip gets it done against these?

I'm not near a tv but I bet the turf is upgraded before this race. Even though it poured last night, I'm surprised that they took any races off the turf. It had to be pretty thirsty.

TriSuper
08-08-2007, 01:42 PM

I was thinking that anyone who can read could come up with Thunderestimate. I am not one to play the obvious horses. There is a very good chance that I lose this race but I try to bet a little to make a lot.

TS

the_fat_man
08-08-2007, 01:59 PM
I was thinking that anyone who can read could come up with Thunderestimate. I am not one to play the obvious horses. There is a very good chance that I lose this race but I try to bet a little to make a lot.

TS

While I don't think that Logic Way is impossible (he certainly likes the distance), if you have a minute, look at the replay of his last race and notice how much more In the Spotlight runs. In fact, ITS, was best in that race (Samyn blew it again). Distance is a concern and the ANCHOR gets back up. But Golden Prospect is probably better than both of them.

There's also a difference between reading something in the form and knowing the ability level of a horse by having followed/watched its progress. While I also follow your bet a little to make a lot approach, typically, if I think a horse is well spotted, I don't try to beat it. There are plenty of opportunities in races with vulnerable favorites.