PDA

View Full Version : Seriousness break

jognlope
08-06-2007, 03:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gEtDKAZsuE

Dave Schwartz
08-06-2007, 06:25 PM
Nice video and music.

Makes me think of when my love affair with horses started.

We had moved to a housing development in the county portion of the Reno area. Wild horses used to walk the streets. People would complain that they would eat the flowers from their front yard and leave a few piles behind.

Every moring in the elementary school play yard there was a band of mustangs. A stallion, three mares and two foals.

My 9-yr old daughter was determined to make friends with the georgous little paint foal. After a couple of weeks of offering the mare sweets and treats after school, my daughter walks near the colt and just hangs out. After another week or so she just walks up to the colt and begins to pet him. The mare kept a watchful eye, but let them become friends. Nobody else could get within 50 feet or so, else she'd move the whole herd.

We watched that colt for two more years, then (I assume) the stallion ran him off.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

jognlope
08-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Horses always take care of kids. When a friend used my QH for her little 5yo boy to show on lead line, he was head down, dead calm. John Henry had a friend in a little girl.

JustRalph
08-06-2007, 11:31 PM
Tom T. Hall would be proud...................