PDA

View Full Version : Ken Rudulf's reference of Frank Lyons....

Hajck Hillstrom
08-05-2007, 08:26 PM
...as a "Lost Drunk" in the paddock at Del Mar, was humorous, taken in the context it was delivered, but it does open the doors of political correctness.

I would be curious if any Irish-Americans were offended by the comment, or are racing fans all so thick skinned as not to let it bother them.

richrosa
08-05-2007, 09:09 PM
I've been around these guys on social occasions (more Ken and Todd then Frank). I will tell you that they are a tight-knit group of friends. As much as they get slammed around here, you cannot ignore that they've been continuous as a team for a long time, and their familiarity with each other shows positive.

Ken is as regular guy as they get. I'm certain that he meant no harm in the comment.

Hajck Hillstrom
08-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Ken is as regular guy as they get. I'm certain that he meant no harm in the comment....as am I, but the harm can come from the interperation that others have of the comment.

I understood the banter, but others less familiar could see it as a slight.

bigmack
08-05-2007, 10:59 PM
Men who spend their time tip toeing around worrying about slighting someone with an off the cuff comment have spent too much time watching Oprah & Dr Philly and swanter around in penny loafers and bring their wives with them when they try on clothes. "What do you think honey?"

Cats that know each other rib each other from where I come from. The more you know 'em the more you rib 'em.

Kelso
08-05-2007, 11:37 PM
I would be curious if any Irish-Americans were offended by the comment, or are racing fans all so thick skinned as not to let it bother them.

WHO YOU CALLIN' A THICK IRISHMAN?!?!?

Sailwolf
08-05-2007, 11:55 PM
It would seem to be interesting to have a drink with Frank .....................and another drink and

another

Who cares anymore?????????????????????:lol:

Ray
08-06-2007, 02:23 AM
...as am I, but the harm can come from the interperation that others have of the comment.

I understood the banter, but others less familiar could see it as a slight.

OH COME ONE MAN???? are you bored or something?